Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 09:33 AM

194 posts, read 262,323 times

Advertisements

So how far is Bella Vista from Fayetteville? I love the look of Bella Vista but it seems that Fayettevile has all the restaurants and grocery shopping. Am I reading that wrong?

I don't mind driving if Bella Vista is as beautiful as it looks. I live an hour outside of Chicago because I love the beauty of the small town I live in but know I can go to Chicago when I want.

Thoughts? So excited to be coming in May!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 10:01 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
It depends on where in Bella Vista you end up living. From Bella Vista to Fayetteville on 540, it's about 25 minutes (depending on traffic. I've been stuck on 540 for hours before.) If you're out in the Highlands, add 10-15 minutes. If you're on the eastern side of Bella Vista towards Pea Ridge, it depends on if you're closer to 540 to 72. On average, add 5-10 minutes.

Fayetteville has restaurants and shopping, but so does Rogers/Bentonville these days. I don't know anyone who lives in Bella Vista who does any grocery shopping in Fayetteville.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:52 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks DC-I forgot about Bentonville being close. The beauty of Bella Vista (at least on the internet) seems like exactly what I am looking for but I want to be practical and know I can get the little things done easily also.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodle007 View Post
So how far is Bella Vista from Fayetteville? I love the look of Bella Vista but it seems that Fayettevile has all the restaurants and grocery shopping. Am I reading that wrong?

I don't mind driving if Bella Vista is as beautiful as it looks. I live an hour outside of Chicago because I love the beauty of the small town I live in but know I can go to Chicago when I want.

Thoughts? So excited to be coming in May!
Debbie,

Fayetteville does have a lot of good restaurants and the wonderful Farmers Market, but Rogers is the place where most people think of when they think upscale, good shopping, specialty groceries, and some great restaurants.

Bella Vista, depending on where you live and what time of the day or night you are traveling,can be anywhere from 1/2 hour to about 45 minutes from the Fayetteville area. Of course during rush hour it is a different story. Like anyplace rush hour can be a *****. My hair dresser lives in Fayetteville and drives to the highlands section of Bella Vista 4 days a week. she gets to work about 8:15 and leaves about 3pm I think. She says it take her an average of 45 minutes.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It depends on where in Bella Vista you end up living. From Bella Vista to Fayetteville on 540, it's about 25 minutes (depending on traffic. I've been stuck on 540 for hours before.) If you're out in the Highlands, add 10-15 minutes. If you're on the eastern side of Bella Vista towards Pea Ridge, it depends on if you're closer to 540 to 72. On average, add 5-10 minutes.

Fayetteville has restaurants and shopping, but so does Rogers/Bentonville these days. I don't know anyone who lives in Bella Vista who does any grocery shopping in Fayetteville.
DC, have you been to the new Harps yet? Wow, what a store. I was there today, for the first time. OMG, I love that place. too bad I am not a millionaire. Everything is expensive but what a store. Well not everything, they had frozen king crab legs on sale for 8.99 a lb.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:38 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
DC, have you been to the new Harps yet? Wow, what a store. I was there today, for the first time. OMG, I love that place. too bad I am not a millionaire. Everything is expensive but what a store. Well not everything, they had frozen king crab legs on sale for 8.99 a lb.
I actually shop at Harps regularly.

But I haven't even been to The Fresh Market yet, never mind the New Harps.

And I'm working on prepping my home garden this upcoming week. Tomatoes and marigolds. Green Beans and marigolds. Zucchini and marigolds. Cucumbers and marigolds. Marigolds, if you haven't guessed it, are my version of pesticide. Lots and lots of marigolds.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I actually shop at Harps regularly.

But I haven't even been to The Fresh Market yet, never mind the New Harps.

And I'm working on prepping my home garden this upcoming week. Tomatoes and marigolds. Green Beans and marigolds. Zucchini and marigolds. Cucumbers and marigolds. Marigolds, if you haven't guessed it, are my version of pesticide. Lots and lots of marigolds.
gee, if you don't have any use for the marigolds I will take them. I am going to start my garden next Thursday, we have grandkids and greats here this weekend and our son comes into town on Tues for just a couple of days. I am really anxious to get started..I did pull a lot of weeks a couple weeks ago, but not all of them by anymeans..Good luck and let me know if the Marigolds really work. I have heard positives and negatives. I rarely use any pesticides, but I would be lieing if I said I never do.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:47 PM

Boy-we can't do any planting until may around here-enjoy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers