Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 09:47 PM

6 posts, read 5,775 times

Advertisements

I am from NY and have been looking for a cabin/small home near public land within 25 miles or so of the Jasper area (not in Harrison) on some acreage. One cabin that looked promising was listed by the realtor as being on 10 acres, the tax rolls say it's on 4.86 acres. I emailed the realtor for clarification and never heard back. We actually found this place when we were on vacation in June of 2012. I'm wondering if it hasn't sold because of this discrepancy. I found another place that is listed by the realtor as 41 acres, the tax rolls stated 34.6 acres. I'm familiar with the listings saying more/less when it comes to acreage but these seem pretty far off. Is this common in this area or with some realtors? Or do the realtors take the sellers word on the property size, instead of checking the tax rolls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 11:49 AM

697 posts, read 1,774,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhntr-ny View Post
I am from NY and have been looking for a cabin/small home near public land within 25 miles or so of the Jasper area (not in Harrison) on some acreage. One cabin that looked promising was listed by the realtor as being on 10 acres, the tax rolls say it's on 4.86 acres. I emailed the realtor for clarification and never heard back. We actually found this place when we were on vacation in June of 2012. I'm wondering if it hasn't sold because of this discrepancy. I found another place that is listed by the realtor as 41 acres, the tax rolls stated 34.6 acres. I'm familiar with the listings saying more/less when it comes to acreage but these seem pretty far off. Is this common in this area or with some realtors? Or do the realtors take the sellers word on the property size, instead of checking the tax rolls?
Those are pretty big discrepancies... It seems like most rural properties haven't been surveyed in a very long time and in some instances the acreage listed on the tax rolls, the acreage on the listing, and the actual surveyed acreage are all different numbers. I'm not sure how common inflating numbers is, but I'd definitely want to have a property surveyed if it was in a rural area or otherwise hard to measure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers