Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
The OP's headline asks-------"Why is everyone in California moving to Bella Vista"

--"everyone"--------isn't.

also, --everyone---in Florida is not moving to Tennessee,although it appears people on the Tennessee thread think so and ask the same question.
Let's not take the word "everyone" literally, you know better than that I am sure. As for people moving from FL to TN, that could be true as well. This part of the country is very attractive to many, I just hope not so many that it becomes over crowded like some places. Of course this would take years, but it is still a scary thought.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 07:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,884 times
California seems to be loosing many people to Arkansas. I think it is becasue of the high taxes and property value. When your property values fall by 30% and it still costs 300,000 for a fixeruper, and you can by a very high end 3000 sf home in a high end sub. in Arkansas and the taxes are 1100 a year. Why would you stay in California? Dont get me wrong, Cal. is a beautiful state, that is why there are so many people there. Beautiful weather, but you can no longer afford to live there.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:25 PM

140 posts, read 475,133 times
Wink we left CAlifornia at the right time..

This started 5yrs ago--we knew the market was crazy then.I am a native CA. there are some really beautiful parts,my Wife lived all over, Detroit,Broken Arrow-OK, Austin for 16+yrs, we lived in CA together rented a house, when it went up to 2200/mo- she got sick of it, i was tired of the rat rat race in SoCA my whole adult life-(we are in our 50s) Her Mom got sick, we visited NO Central Arkansas, and saw the prices to actually buy a home- saw the Fishing, clean air, wildlife, i mean real wild life as in living things not night life! We fell head over heels, you might say, told my Family-very hard part, that we were moving and don't expect us to move back-period,only to visit! SO many regulations in CA, smog, unsafe water, crime- now when we hear gun shots, its a hunter, or our neighbors way of ,"call'in the Dogs in fer the night",seriously thats what they told us!hahha. What a kewl state Arkansas, people are just fine, and down to earth, when someone says, lets do lunch in LA,CA they are full of it most of the time-but here when someone invites you its when and where-and you better show up unless your dying! Just kidding- folks are EZ going here- and yes from all over the US--not all uptight like the larger big cities that i have lived, and we have had so much help when we needed it -G-D Bless Arkansas!

Old 09-04-2008, 02:21 AM

17 posts, read 59,290 times
I have met a lot of really wonderful people in Bella Vista. They come from all over the United States. It isn't just a retirement village anymore. There are many young families living there now. I have never noticed it being a closed, snooty area.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:00 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,223 times
I've been thinking of buying real estate in California if prices drop another 20%. I imagine Bella Vista is still about the best real estate value in the country.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:09 AM

731 posts, read 1,367,152 times
The prices in California may drop another 20%. At least inland.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,611 times
Bella Vista is not a closed and snooty neighborhood. People from all over move here and that makes it nice. A varity of people from all over the US and more, there is a Russian in my neighborhood. We moved to Lincoln back in 1996 and that inbread town was the snootest town I have ever lived in!! And we are retired military so we moved a lot. Infact the only nice people I have found in this state is in Bella Vista. The rest were nosey and snooty and just plain mean. It was nice to move up here with some regular people. There is lots to do besides golf. There is work out rooms, games, swimming, boating, playgrounds, hiking, fishing, putt putt, a gun range and more.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:35 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
-----Why is everyone in California moving to Bella Vista ?---

quit flattering yourself.
----everone-- isn't.

City-Data's Detailed Profile lists the population of Bella Vista's 2008 population at 16,388 and states the population has only grown 1.2% in the last 8 years.

Surprised to hear everyone in California has moved to Bella Vista and yet their population is only 16,388.

Perhaps a better thread question would be-------Why did everyone who majored in drama at University of Arkansas move to Bella Vista ?

Last edited by marmac; 02-03-2010 at 04:46 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandg81 View Post
Bella Vista is not a closed and snooty neighborhood. People from all over move here and that makes it nice. A varity of people from all over the US and more, there is a Russian in my neighborhood. We moved to Lincoln back in 1996 and that inbread town was the snootest town I have ever lived in!! And we are retired military so we moved a lot. Infact the only nice people I have found in this state is in Bella Vista. The rest were nosey and snooty and just plain mean. It was nice to move up here with some regular people. There is lots to do besides golf. There is work out rooms, games, swimming, boating, playgrounds, hiking, fishing, putt putt, a gun range and more.
Glad you are happy here, most of us are. I will say though, we have not found people in AR rude or particularly snotty anywhere in the state.

NIta

Old 02-04-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
-----Why is everyone in California moving to Bella Vista ?---

quit flattering yourself.
----everone-- isn't.

City-Data's Detailed Profile lists the population of Bella Vista's 2008 population at 16,388 and states the population has only grown 1.2% in the last 8 years.

Surprised to hear everyone in California has moved to Bella Vista and yet their population is only 16,388.

Perhaps a better thread question would be-------Why did everyone who majored in drama at University of Arkansas move to Bella Vista ?
2008 data is so outdated it is unbelievable: the population of Bella Vista is
25,250. and of course no one really means everyone from CA is moving to BElla Vista or AR period. I am sure the OP didn't mean for anyone to take it so literally. I think you have done this before..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers