Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 11:01 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

no it does not get emailed to her as far as I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 12:58 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiamomabc View Post
I really want to get an update from the person that created the original post because we are from California and have had a recruiter talking to my husband about job possibilities. I private messaged her. Does that message get emailed to her since she doesn't seem to be coming to this message board any more?
Eventually she should receive an email notification that she has a private message.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:55 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiamomabc View Post
I really want to get an update from the person that created the original post because we are from California and have had a recruiter talking to my husband about job possibilities. I private messaged her. Does that message get emailed to her since she doesn't seem to be coming to this message board any more?
I have sent a MP to her a couple of times, but never heard back. I don't understand why she has never filled us in on how the family adjusted to living here. I think she could give some valuable feedback to people like you who are considering a move.

I will tell you, there are a lot of people living here from Ca and most are happy. It depends on where you live in Ca, why you want to relocate to NWA and your idea of a good, versus not so good life.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:41 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,986,661 times
Well, either it went so amazing that she doesn't care about the forum anymore, or so terrible that she can't face it.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:53 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have sent a MP to her a couple of times, but never heard back. I don't understand why she has never filled us in on how the family adjusted to living here. I think she could give some valuable feedback to people like you who are considering a move.

I will tell you, there are a lot of people living here from Ca and most are happy. It depends on where you live in Ca, why you want to relocate to NWA and your idea of a good, versus not so good life.
Because just by looking at her posts it's clearly all about her. She asked a ridiculous amount of questions, many of which she could have found out on her own with a little research.

I agree, she could give valuable feedback, but people like that only care about themselves.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Because just by looking at her posts it's clearly all about her. She asked a ridiculous amount of questions, many of which she could have found out on her own with a little research.

I agree, she could give valuable feedback, but people like that only care about themselves.
Well, let's be fair now, technically this forum is a tool. She used said tool, and got what she wanted, and moved on. Yes, it's an organic tool, but not everyone here will "connect" with it on an organic level.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:17 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Well, let's be fair now, technically this forum is a tool. She used said tool, and got what she wanted, and moved on. Yes, it's an organic tool, but not everyone here will "connect" with it on an organic level.

Ever here of "paying it forward", a few people were kind enough to provide a lot of information(many of it the OP could have found on her own with a little research), how much effort does it take to come back and say we made the move, and how it went.

Maybe give some insight and assist others who could be considering the same move.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Ever here of "paying it forward", a few people were kind enough to provide a lot of information(many of it the OP could have found on her own with a little research), how much effort does it take to come back and say we made the move, and how it went.

Maybe give some insight and assist others who could be considering the same move.
Well, we don't honestly know her situation.

What is most likely?

That she's snotty and can't be bothered to treat others who can't do anything for her like they exist.

But what are the possibilities?

Well, she could have been killed in an auto wreck. She might be unable to reply for some other reason. Who knows?

I don't know, just, without knowing EVERYTHING, it really is hard for me to pick up the stone and really throw it.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Well, we don't honestly know her situation.

What is most likely?

That she's snotty and can't be bothered to treat others who can't do anything for her like they exist.

But what are the possibilities?

Well, she could have been killed in an auto wreck. She might be unable to reply for some other reason. Who knows?

I don't know, just, without knowing EVERYTHING, it really is hard for me to pick up the stone and really throw it.
I have to agree with seian, it would be nice if she had come back, just once. Regardless of how her move went, we did try and help her with her delima and all the concerns she had about the move. Even if it turned out poorly, which certainly is possible, it would be nice to know how she and the family adjusted to the move. If for no other reason to help others who might be faced with a similar situation. There are several family, daily needing to have some input to living here, compared to where they live now. With WalMart, Tysons and Hunt people are relocating all the time.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have to agree with seian, it would be nice if she had come back, just once. Regardless of how her move went, we did try and help her with her delima and all the concerns she had about the move. Even if it turned out poorly, which certainly is possible, it would be nice to know how she and the family adjusted to the move. If for no other reason to help others who might be faced with a similar situation. There are several family, daily needing to have some input to living here, compared to where they live now. With WalMart, Tysons and Hunt people are relocating all the time.
It's excusable if she's dead or in a coma, though. That's all I'm saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers