Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 10:18 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,991,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Playing the Devils Advocate here, and I surely may be wrong but: I don't see a girl from Blackhawk liking anything in NWA except the McMansion areas.. And even then, the weather is very different from Nor-Cal... Hot and Humid, Cold and Wet.
I love it, and I'm from Nor-Cal but I'm a pickup truck driving, bass boat towing, country music listening, quarter horse riding, misplaced Missouri boy....
I love NWA, and I'm finding it impossible to identify with OP in any way. That is all I can go by. I don't know op. Huge grain of salt with this. I'd just urge caution with the move and am curious to see how it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 10:20 PM

120 posts, read 215,516 times
Quote:
Playing the Devils Advocate here, and I surely may be wrong but: I don't see a girl from Blackhawk liking anything in NWA except the McMansion areas.. And even then, the weather is very different from Nor-Cal... Hot and Humid, Cold and Wet.
I love it, and I'm from Nor-Cal but I'm a pickup truck driving, bass boat towing, country music listening, quarter horse riding, misplaced Missouri boy....
What I find interesting is that you guys seem to be doing precisely what you don't appreciate people who live on the West Coast do concerning people who live in the South and/or Midwest - judging before taking into account all the facts about a situation or person. It is a little discouraging to say the least! I'm not just a girl from Blackhawk. I feel I've pretty adequately explained the basic overview of who I am and what I like in previous comments, so I won't reiterate that now.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
My original opinion stands. This may or may not be the area for you, I have not been there enough to be sure, to be honest. You may well have plenty of circles to socialize in, as there is a lot of money up there. I just am not sure. Your last post above about having 3 girls and needing an office somehow requiring a $700K house is...not normal. However, I agree 100% with the "Because I can" opinion of it. I'm with you, there, why not? But keep in mind, it's absurd to justify from a "because it's fitting" standpoint. In the McMansion/Stepford Wife areas, you will right fit in, but outside of that? I'm unsure if it will be what you are used to. However, you may really find out that you love the other aspects of the area for their differences, as well, or maybe we are just seeing a tiny sliver of your personality on here, and you will naturally love the other aspects. I am very curious to see how this thread evolves!
it's not that it has to be a certain minimum price. I'm fine with only spending as much as we need to. If that is $200k or $900k. There is no attempt to justify my search parameters because I know infinitely more about what we need as a family that we can comfortably secure. It very well could be a $350k home, there were plenty I found that were large enough. If I want a nicer neighborhood though, it seems I have to spend more. That is, of course, without visiting.

But you may be right, it seems like this might be a long shot. I'm not quite as hopeful as I was this morning.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I love NWA, and I'm finding it impossible to identify with OP in any way. That is all I can go by. I don't know op. Huge grain of salt with this. I'd just urge caution with the move and am curious to see how it goes.

Well, we do have similar interests in the second amendment.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalgirl36 View Post
What I find interesting is that you guys seem to be doing precisely what you don't appreciate people who live on the West Coast do concerning people who live in the South and/or Midwest - judging before taking into account all the facts about a situation or person. It is a little discouraging to say the least! I'm not just a girl from Blackhawk. I feel I've pretty adequately explained the basic overview of who I am and what I like in previous comments, so I won't reiterate that now.
You told us what you like and about your lifestyle. I responded by explaining that I urge caution based on this. You may love it. You may not. I have many friends from all over the us, including California. I've only based opinions on what you've expressed.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Well, we do have similar interests in the second amendment.
Then that is one huge benefit you will experience! Like I said. I only have what you've given me. Meet in person and I'd see other angles. But. This is the internet. Anyway, fyi, the benton county sheriff sill sign form 4 at request I understand. Arkansas is very pro 2a. California is a black hole of constitutional violation on that front. My reservations come from you being in what I estimate to be top 3% and loving your malls and whatnot. NW AR has nice stuff. For sure. But it may not be as urban as the image you present would like...or maybe urban is what you want away from. Again...Internet problems.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:34 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
Quote:
What I find interesting is that you guys seem to be doing precisely what you don't appreciate people who live on the West Coast do concerning people who live in the South and/or Midwest - judging before taking into account all the facts about a situation or person. w.
NorCalgirl,
I'm from Nor-Cal, just like you... What good would this website be if only the cheerleaders for a certain area posted..I've spent some time in NWA, just trying to give you honest thoughts... When I first brought my wife back here to visit almost 20 years ago, there was no way in Hades she would have moved, She thought I my relatives were a bunch of hicks, after several visits she has grown to love it... But I'm here to tell you, it's different . Take the jump, and keep us posted

Old 05-28-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
it's not that it has to be a certain minimum price. I'm fine with only spending as much as we need to. If that is $200k or $900k. There is no attempt to justify my search parameters because I know infinitely more about what we need as a family that we can comfortably secure. It very well could be a $350k home, there were plenty I found that were large enough. If I want a nicer neighborhood though, it seems I have to spend more. That is, of course, without visiting.

But you may be right, it seems like this might be a long shot. I'm not quite as hopeful as I was this morning.
You know you best. You just struck me as more urban. NW AR has nice urban, but not the best by far. It's real draw is the rural around that urban, imo.

I know zip of neighborhoods other than I've never and will never be part of one other than apartment living until I build. You may very well end up in a 350k house in a 700k yard. I just don't know about those things.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Then that is one huge benefit you will experience! Like I said. I only have what you've given me. Meet in person and I'd see other angles. But. This is the internet. Anyway, fyi, the benton county sheriff sill sign form 4 at request I understand. Arkansas is very pro 2a. California is a black hole of constitutional violation on that front. My reservations come from you being in what I estimate to be top 3% and loving your malls and whatnot. NW AR has nice stuff. For sure. But it may not be as urban as the image you present would like...or maybe urban is what you want away from. Again...Internet problems.
We've been moving further and further into the country from the city. We've debated leaving CA due to politics and taxes for a few years but couldn't pull the trigger because of family. Haven't lived in the Bay Area for 10 years, Blackhawk for...almost 15? And I'm still fairly young. My area is basically Folsom which I understand is similar to NWA. Now if we stay here, I like Placerville which has some (maybe most, in fact) areas that are pretty Deliverance-y. I am actually a real estate broker (not working F/T), so I've a lot of exposure to these couuuuuuntry (my written attempt at a drawl) spots of my county. My solution is to not go there. And it's fine. I stay in my little bubble, and I'm happy here, except when I want to camp (not often, I don't like bears) or trail run/hike (often). Sounds like Bentonville is its own bubble, but it has the benefit of great schools and restaurants/culture. The upside of lots of money.

I'm in El Dorado County - a shall issue county, so about as 2nd Amend. friendly as it gets here. My husband won't move to Sac County because of their restrictions (a "may issue" county) I'm working on a CCW - there may be things about me that would surprise you.

Yes, I like my malls. I'm a girl.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
NorCalgirl,
I'm from Nor-Cal, just like you... What good would this website be if only the cheerleaders for a certain area posted..I've spent some time in NWA, just trying to give you honest thoughts... When I first brought my wife back here to visit almost 20 years ago, there was no way in Hades she would have moved, She thought I my relatives were a bunch of hicks, after several visits she has grown to love it... But I'm here to tell you, it's different . Take the jump, and keep us posted
Thanks! Nope, it's not the I don't appreciate the feedback from all angles, I do. But I'm not someone who fits a stereotype, and if that is what I've done myself with my descriptions of things I like (how else is there to do it online though that doesn't make you sound like a personal ad?), then I've done myself a disservice. I'm kind of a pretty random person who doesn't fit any label, which is why I'm open to the visit in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers