U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Little Rock Metro and NW Arkansas get seperate subforums?
Yes 11 57.89%
No 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 PM

7,946 posts, read 14,605,230 times

Advertisements

I think the Little Rock and NWA metros should get their own separate subforums in the Arkansas board much like the other boards have for their metros. What does everybody think?

Old 11-29-2007, 11:14 PM

362 posts, read 1,089,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I think the Little Rock and NWA metros should get their own separate subforums in the Arkansas board much like the other boards have for their metros. What does everybody think?
I agree. Greater Little Rock and Northwest Arkansas have grown apart to the point where both regions have their own distinct cultures.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:52 AM

5,981 posts, read 15,903,769 times
MODERATOR: You may certainly take this up with the Administrator in the About the Forum section at the bottom of the front page...however, I would not want to see it personally just because of the diversity in Arkansas. We are receiving many new transplants to our state and not everyone is aware of the wide range of experiences in this state. Not everyone wants the same thing and I think a united state forum allows people to compare and consider the different areas. That's just a personal opinion, though. I just don't like subforums much, it seems to chop things up. Unless you're in a huge land mass area like California or NY state it doesn't make a lot of sense to me...but I'm one person with one opinion!

Old 12-14-2007, 12:11 AM

I am even more in favor of the Little Rock Metro and Northwest Arkansas having their own subforums. I'm getting tired of every thread dealing with Greater Little Rock being ruined by someone from NWA talking about how NWA is better than LR Metro. If you think that a region that lacks both culture and a diverse economy is "better", then so be it, but don't continually trash a whole region just because it is not your preference.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:47 AM

5,981 posts, read 15,903,769 times
Ah, and exactly the reason we don't want any "trashing"!

Every area of Arkansas has something to offer, but it's personal preference...just like everything else in life. I'd be sitting dead center of the delta if the spousal person would agree and not even care that there's no mall in sight...

Back to the point at hand - I think the best forums are where folks talk up their own area without an air of superiority or by downgrading someone else's area. There are probably regions we would all rather not be in, but it's someone's home and they may have found their place in the sun.

As more and more folks discover Arkansas it's really important that we put our best foot forward - and sometimes that just means agreeing to disagree. I think we would all agree that we wouldn't want a potential new resident to think we're all fighting, bickering, uneducated in-breds...at least I would hope so!

Would anyone like to see a poll go up regarding splitting the forum up? I can do it, you can do it, whatever....but Admin has the final say. I'm not sure Arkansas has the overall participation to warrant such a split. However, if anyone is interested, speak up or put a poll up and we'll take it from there...what say ye all?

Old 12-14-2007, 09:35 AM

7,946 posts, read 14,605,230 times
Default Should Metro Little Rock and NW Arkansas get their own subforums?

Just what the title says. Vote on it.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:24 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,546,123 times
The Arkansas board receives so little traffic that splitting it would make it seem that much more insignificant.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:30 PM

155 posts, read 577,406 times
This forum isn't large enough.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:07 AM

I'm all in favor of having LR Metro and NWA subforums so that a person will appear obviously out of line when they go into a specific subforum and trash the area.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto View Post
This forum isn't large enough.
I think there would be more interest in the Arkansas forum if it wasn't as generalized as it is now. If someone wants to discuss something going on in NWA, then they'll go into the NWA subforum and vice versa. The main Arkansas forum would probably receive less posts, but overall I think there would be an increase in hits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers