Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:28 PM

21 posts, read 47,042 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

We are about to head down for our apartment-hunting trip and I have been making a list of available apartments in Fayetteville that aren't too far from the 540 (easier commute to Lowell). I just wanted to check in to ask if there are any neighborhoods that are less attractive than others. Anyplace that a young person might want to avoid if possible?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 07:56 AM

100 posts, read 164,661 times
Not too many bad neighborhoods in Fayetteville. I'd say west MLK Blvd(not many apartments there) would be considered the worst area. I'd stick to north Fayetteville since you're commuting to Lowell, the traffic on I-540(49) sometimes bottlenecks before the mall exit. I lived right off of I-540 on MLK east and commuted to Bentonville for a year and it was pretty bad traffic every morning and night(especially during the winter).

Pretty much all of the apartment complexes are very safe since they're populated by mostly college students.

Happy hunting!

Old 06-16-2014, 08:55 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,747 times
I'd only say avoid anything on Betty Jo drive. Its like a mini ghetto. Most of Fayetteville is pretty good.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:38 PM

Thanks to you both! One of the complexes, Mountain Ranch, is off of Betty Jo so it helps to be able to rule it out.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:39 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eden510 View Post
Hi Everyone,

We are about to head down for our apartment-hunting trip and I have been making a list of available apartments in Fayetteville that aren't too far from the 540 (easier commute to Lowell). I just wanted to check in to ask if there are any neighborhoods that are less attractive than others. Anyplace that a young person might want to avoid if possible?

Thanks!!
Something to consider that is going to affect commutes north of Fayetteville. The new flyover project will make getting onto 49 much simpler and quicker for properties on the north and east side. So don't rule out things off Township, Rolling Hills, or even off Crossover.

Prior to this project, it was a hassle getting onto the freeway headed north in the morning. It should be finished in the next couple of weeks.

Nighttime lane closures planned during flyover work | Fayetteville Flyer

Old 06-17-2014, 09:27 PM

Thank you. I've heard about the flyover project but don't know exactly what areas will benefit. We area also looking at a place on E. Kantz which seems way too far from the 540 (or whatever they are now calling it!) but maybe this project will help that? It's really hard to figure out what areas will become more accessible just by reading the article since I don't know the area that well.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:09 PM

602 posts, read 1,515,623 times
E. Kantz (The Oaks area) is a nice neighborhood. There have been some "incidents" in the past couple of years but I believe it very isolated. Bottom line, get to know your neighbors

If you choose E Kantz, you'll want to take a right out of the neighborhood onto Mission (going back to Old Missouri Rd) instead of a left towards Hwy 265/Crossover. During the school year Hwy 45/Mission gets backed up.

An area to avoid--most everything north of North St. The area around Leverett and Sycamore has gone down hill in the past 10-15 years.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:15 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdquarle View Post
Not too many bad neighborhoods in Fayetteville. I'd say west MLK Blvd(not many apartments there) would be considered the worst area. I'd stick to north Fayetteville since you're commuting to Lowell, the traffic on I-540(49) sometimes bottlenecks before the mall exit. I lived right off of I-540 on MLK east and commuted to Bentonville for a year and it was pretty bad traffic every morning and night(especially during the winter).

Pretty much all of the apartment complexes are very safe since they're populated by mostly college students.

Happy hunting!
West MLK would be going into Farmington....that area is slightly more rural but is not a bad area at all. Farmington does have one or two apartment complexes as well.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:49 AM

100 posts, read 164,661 times
Yep, good call, I meant east

Old 06-20-2014, 02:39 PM

602 posts, read 1,515,623 times
Actually east MLK Blvd is an up and coming neighborhood (east of Archibald Yell--near the Walgreens). New homes are being constructing here and are selling before completion...at ~$175/ sq ft!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers