Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 07:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalgirl36 View Post
Thanks for the info. I assumed as much do to its location - I believe it is close to downtown, so there is a good mix families in the newer neighborhoods as well as the more established ones, and yes, I'm speaking in euphemisms so as not to offend. I tend to think the diversity among varying socio-economic classes may be the largest contributing factor. I am glad to hear of your nephew's experience. Bottom line it comes down to is parental involvement, however, students who slow down the quality of instruction or pace of learning or poor teachers can have as much a detrimental impact. The district was very tight-lipped about it when I called and seemed unwilling to provide any flexibility or information, when really, they ought to as they work for the taxpayers, not the other way around!

Got all their immunizations done! I am a very pro-vaccine mama, so they're all set!
It sounds like your a very pro-active person all-round. Good luck to you, and welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 09:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Thank you! I called yesterday to inquire about intradistrict transfer and they said because of the size of their district, they are zoned and you cannot deviate. I did some research and found that the School Choice Act of 2013 was passed (allowing parents to choose the schools which they want their children to attend rather than being restricted by district lines), however this seems more of an inter vs intra district issue. If anyone has any insight into this specific subject, I'd love to be able to follow up with them and push for my choice. In the interim, I'll contact the schools in which I'm interested directly.

Nita,

Thank you! Yes, I'd love her ob name. Need to make an appt asap
here is the name of her OB and she really likes him. He is in Bentonville: uses NW hospital and yes, they have private birthing suites: His name is Dr. Schmitz; ph number: 479-271-0005

Hope this helps

Nita

Old 07-31-2014, 02:32 PM

120 posts, read 215,335 times
Thank you! Made an appt today. Good to hear that is who she has because I had narrowed it down to him due to glowing reviews online! Thank you!!

Old 08-01-2014, 11:03 PM

Any great landscape design companies or pool companies in NWA anyone has heard of or could recommend? Looking to add a lot of back yard landscaping (pavers, flowers beds, grass, trees, lighting plus outdoor kitchen/fireplace/pit) this fall and pool in the early Spring.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:32 AM

Interior designers as well I will see if my Angie's list account works out there, and I'll check yelp in the meantime, but it is always nice to have feedback from people with whom I'm chatting basically in real time. T-13 days! Starting to get butterflies...

Old 08-02-2014, 09:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Interior designers as well I will see if my Angie's list account works out there, and I'll check yelp in the meantime, but it is always nice to have feedback from people with whom I'm chatting basically in real time. T-13 days! Starting to get butterflies...
I will give you the name of the gal my daughter and granddaughter have used as soon as one of them gets back to me.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:10 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
I'll piggy back in on this thread and also ask for recommendations:

-Chiropractor
-Class 3 firearm's dealer
-Credit Union
-Auto body repair, emphasis quality not price (at a wreck when telling insurance where to tow is not the time to begin frantically searching)
-Cheapest apartment within 10 miles of the center of Rogers that's in a safe and secure neighborhood.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:12 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
Quote:
Congrats! I looked at my calendar and note that the BATFE should have me squared away rather soon. It sneaks up on you! This, finally, a good thing!

Old 08-03-2014, 08:20 AM

602 posts, read 1,515,731 times
Quote:
Any great landscape design companies or pool companies in NWA anyone has heard of or could recommend? Looking to add a lot of back yard landscaping (pavers, flowers beds, grass, trees, lighting plus outdoor kitchen/fireplace/pit) this fall and pool in the early Spring.
The best landscape design company, IMO, DK Design in Fayetteville. Daniel Keely is knows his plants and has great artistic abilities. They are a full service company--design, installation, and maintenance (via their garden concierge). It can be pricey but you can do it in phases if necessary.

Jack Wills in Tontitown carries outdoor kitchen appliances. I love my DCS natural gas grill!!

Pools--Luther Stem Pools out of Ft Smith used to be regarded as the best. It's been a while since I paid attention to pool companies

Old 08-04-2014, 07:55 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,246,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
-Cheapest apartment within 10 miles of the center of Rogers that's in a safe and secure neighborhood.
You can't go wrong in NWA because it is generally safe where ever you go. 10 miles is a fairly large radius and might take you into the rural neighborhoods closer to beaver lake. There are plenty of firearms dealers but not sure about the NFA stuff. Sturms in springdale comes to mind, though I've never been there.

I've heard there's a firearms dealer in bella vista who is a prepper but when my buddy took me there, it was closed so I didn't see what they had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers