Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 02:45 PM

620 posts, read 1,230,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Why are you arguing the fact they have a sign?
I am not arguing the fact that they have a sign, it's obvious they have a sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 03:07 PM

50 posts, read 80,700 times
Harrison is a lot more conservative than LR. Its not a bad place at all, but if I were a Al Sharpton vocal supporter I bet you don't find a lot of support in Harrison. From what I have seen there is not a lot of biracial couples there. Eureka Springs has some but even there its mostly the gay thing going on. If you think its a place you can do a march with your hands up saying don't shoot I doubt your going to like it there. But that is exactly why I do like it there, they are more country and stable minded.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:08 PM

50 posts, read 80,700 times
I would rather live next to a KKK group then some of the nuts from Furgison.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:48 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,981,903 times
Uh-oh...now imbored can't click on Citydata's forums unless they remove your post, thegreenflute...you done posted a link that would imply support of the KKK if imbored were to post on these forums further...

Old 01-14-2015, 03:53 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,981,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellsfloto View Post
Harrison is a lot more conservative than LR. Its not a bad place at all, but if I were a Al Sharpton vocal supporter I bet you don't find a lot of support in Harrison. From what I have seen there is not a lot of biracial couples there. Eureka Springs has some but even there its mostly the gay thing going on. If you think its a place you can do a march with your hands up saying don't shoot I doubt your going to like it there. But that is exactly why I do like it there, they are more country and stable minded.
Exactly.

This is why I chose NWA. I personally fall somewhere in the middle of things (live and let live), (it's your body, your rights), etc. Really, I just want to do what I want and be left the hell alone, so long as it does not compromise the wellbeing or rights of others.

NWA is pretty open-minded. This appeals to my beliefs on social issues. NWA is also part of Arkansas, and the voting weight of the state is conservative regarding finances, the 2A, etc. and that appeals to my sense of personal freedom and Constitutional "rightness".

If the KKK wants a sign talking about racial pride and Whites want to date other races...NWA lets them.

If the KKK wants to go burning crosses...NWA would put the foot down on that crap ASAP, IMO.

If the Blacks want to be proud of their race, date other races, etc....NWA embraces that, too.

If the Blacks want to riot like they did in Ferguson...NWA would smash that, IMO.

That seems to be the vibe I get from NWA "Do as you want...but don't be a screw-up."

Maybe I'm picking up the wrong thing, but that's how I feel about the area and why it appealed to me so much.

Personally, I have never been in an area as "colorblind" as Rogers/Bentonville/Fayetteville. Not only is it "colorblind" in how people interact, it's colorblind in the standards that people are held to. I really like that. TO have one, you need the other, and it seems like they "get it" up there!

Old 01-14-2015, 04:15 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,805,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellsfloto View Post
That sounds like a love story. ( see below, mainly for the OP-- folkguitarist) I would think most people here or around here realize that elimination is permanent and certainly not an answer. Country minded? Maybe balanced... which I would gladly live in any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEDkZ02pmWo

Old 01-14-2015, 07:07 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,805,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Uh-oh...now imbored can't click on Citydata's forums unless they remove your post, thegreenflute...you done posted a link that would imply support of the KKK if imbored were to post on these forums further...

Well, I thought he had a broken finger? I've got two sticks in my back yard and some saran wrap. Do they have to be perfect? Thing is, the finger works for City Data and not the KKK? Will Wd40 work on this? I actually read once where a person can spray Windex on the afflicted area.. and everything will be back to normal in no time? Maybe he needs a new keyboard? Panic Attack? Is the belt too tight resulting in less blood flow to the brain? Prosthesis stuck?

Old 01-15-2015, 10:51 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,739,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbored198824 View Post
just realize that the link on that sign takes you directly to the kkk site. One filled with racism and bigotry. So if you agree with that sign then you are agreeing with the kkk....no way around that.
I'm agreeing "with the sign", I'm agreeing with their right to put it up as long as they are not making threats of violence. I do agree that whites have just as much right to be proud of their "heritage" as blacks do....yes, there have been black spots on "white heritage", but so have there been on "black heritage". Black people have owned and sold slaves too, you know.

I started to go to the link just to see if all the racism and bigotry was just talk or if they were actually threatening or encouraging violence against blacks (I think they hate Jews also....how ridiculous, when they claim to be Christians and the Bible plainly says "I will bless them that bless thee and curse them that curse thee", talking about the Jews), but I really didn't want to soil my computer.

In any case, if they are not advocating or carrying out actual violence against anyone, then what can society do? There are other ways to fight bigotry without taking away the Constitutional rights of whole segments of Americans.

Would you have a problem with the NAACP having a billboard, with a link to their website? I would not, even though I believe they are racist.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:07 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,739,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I'm agreeing "with the sign", I'm agreeing with their right to put it up
Oops, sorry......I meant "I'm not agreeing 'with the sign.'" Too late to edit. Most of you probably understood anyway.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:22 AM

620 posts, read 1,230,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I'm agreeing "with the sign", I'm agreeing with their right to put it up as long as they are not making threats of violence. I do agree that whites have just as much right to be proud of their "heritage" as blacks do....yes, there have been black spots on "white heritage", but so have there been on "black heritage". Black people have owned and sold slaves too, you know.

I started to go to the link just to see if all the racism and bigotry was just talk or if they were actually threatening or encouraging violence against blacks (I think they hate Jews also....how ridiculous, when they claim to be Christians and the Bible plainly says "I will bless them that bless thee and curse them that curse thee", talking about the Jews), but I really didn't want to soil my computer.

In any case, if they are not advocating or carrying out actual violence against anyone, then what can society do? There are other ways to fight bigotry without taking away the Constitutional rights of whole segments of Americans.

Would you have a problem with the NAACP having a billboard, with a link to their website? I would not, even though I believe they are racist.
I am just disagreeing with the sign...that's it. I don't know what started the "imbored wants to take away free speech", debate. I was getting aggravated because a couple posters made it seem like it's a great thing. It's not a great thing to have a kkk sign in your community. It brings nothing positive to the city of Harrison. It really annoys me how people started pointing fingers and saying "oh but look here is a racist black guy." Who cares? Racism is racism...black white purple it doesn't matter. I just feel bad for Harrison because everyone associates everything this group does to that nice little city. Now they are doing more crap and it's make be whole area look terrible...it hurts business and the community in general. Why are some people saying the sign isn't racist? Ask the guy who paid for it he will tell you exactly what it means. He is a self described racist. I support westboro baptists church's right to free speech as well. That doesn't mean if they put a sign in my community I'm gonna be happy about it.

Last edited by imbored198824; 01-21-2015 at 03:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers