Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
I am trying to relocate my parents to Bella Vista too. Been there several times looking at homes. How is the housing market at the moment. My parents will put their house up for sale in a few weeks. It might take a while for their home to sale.

Does Bella Vista have things for my parents to do, they do not play golf! Also, medical, will they be alright there. I am concerned because my Dad is 80 and mom is 77 and I'll be 4plus hours away
Golly Debbie if I didn't know better I would think you were our daughter but we are a little then your parents and our daughter is about 5 hours away.

So far we have liked what we have seen in Bella Vista. We do not play golf either: Pat used to, but it just isn't his thing. I do play Bridge and we are involved in our community here in NM> We intend on continueing our involvement when we move. Do your parents have outside interests?

We are planning on putting our house on the market this Saturday. We too think it will take awhile to sell, but one never knows.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetmeoutofAR View Post
i personally dont like Bella Vista. Its woodsy and steep and kinda boring, not too interesting I don't know why everyone likes it so much. I prefer Bentonville/Rogers
And are you a senior? Do you like getting involved in your community? What do you consider boring? I am sure there are areas for everyone in NWA. We happen to have fallen in love with those woods and hills. We like the thought of being somewhat rural and yet only a few minutes from the activities in Bentonville.

Nita

Old 03-19-2008, 09:05 PM

452 posts, read 1,640,086 times
im not a senior. different strokes for ifferent folks i guess

Old 03-20-2008, 06:02 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,065 times
What about medical. I am assuming with all the seniors, they have to have pretty decent medical? Another question, groceries. I have looked at the taxes and Ark. is 3 percent on food and Missouri is 1.2 Where do people shop for groceries. I am assuming not in that small grocery store I shopped at last time. We ususally stay at the furnished townhomes near that grocery store.

What does it mean that the city is incormated or the reverse can't remember which but what impack on property taxes will that have? What was the good of it?
Debbie

Old 03-20-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
What about medical. I am assuming with all the seniors, they have to have pretty decent medical? Another question, groceries. I have looked at the taxes and Ark. is 3 percent on food and Missouri is 1.2 Where do people shop for groceries. I am assuming not in that small grocery store I shopped at last time. We ususally stay at the furnished townhomes near that grocery store.

What does it mean that the city is incormated or the reverse can't remember which but what impack on property taxes will that have? What was the good of it?
Debbie
Debbie, I certainly can't answer all your questions like people who are already living in the area, but I can tell you what I know from talking to people including our realtor and what we have observed: as for medical, as we understand, Bentonville has great medical facilities and is really only a few miles away plus there are doctors in the Bella Vista area.

Groceries, yes, the taxes on food almost blew us away but we figure we will do lots of our shopping in MO and we are big Sam's loyalists. Living 45 minutes to an hour from Albuquerque with no place to shop but super Wal Mart we are used to this. In fact, one of the many reasons we are re-locating is to get a little closer to shopping and medical.
I can't answer you on the incomated, cause I have no idea what this means. At first I thought you meant incorporated, but I guess not.

Not knowing where your parents live now, it is hard to judge the inpact taxes will have on them, but we think property taxes may be a little lower in AR than here. One thing I like about the AR policy, if you are over 65 your taxes are frozen. I wish that was the case here. We were very happy with our property taxes when we moved here 7 years ago and still they are not outrageous, but this year we all got re-assessed and ours wernt up almost $200. For people on fixed incomes that is quite a jump.

Hope this helps with some of your questions.

Nita

Old 07-02-2008, 12:22 AM

6 posts, read 25,938 times
Having moved to Rogers (the town just South of Bentonville), you might not think about the hills if you move here during the summer. Come winter, when the ice builds up, you're NOT going to want to be driving there. That's definitely something you didn't have to deal with in Florida.

The public schools in NWA are very good. If you haven't purchased yet, you might want to look at Rogers too...it's a great town! Compared to Florida, what is considered crime here is minimal. Rogers just opened a new hospital too!

=)

Old 07-26-2008, 12:35 PM

3 posts, read 8,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetmeoutofAR View Post
im not a senior. different strokes for ifferent folks i guess
The perfect thing about it is one is in close proximity to satisfy just about any whim or lifestyle. From Bella Vista, we travel to Fayetteville to the Walton Art's Center to see broadway/concerts/arts entertainment, Eureka Springs for the Passion Play/Unique craftsmanship/Galleries, and Brason, MO for a theme park, shows, etc. The Promenade mall in the Bentonville/Rogers area is awesome and has brought in stores such as Coach, Williams & Sonoma, interesting restaurants and much more.

I believe the difference is if one wants to live 'in' the center of all of the activity or in a wooded, serene setting and then travel to the nearby areas when they want entertainment. I loathed the noise in Fayetteville. I find it hilarious to read police reports of dogs barking in Bella Vista; it beats the alternative.

I have been pleasantly surprised to watch and enjoy the growth. As for us, we feel we have the best of both worlds. I have fantasized about a helicopter during heavy traffic, but I digress.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerschick View Post
Having moved to Rogers (the town just South of Bentonville), you might not think about the hills if you move here during the summer. Come winter, when the ice builds up, you're NOT going to want to be driving there. That's definitely something you didn't have to deal with in Florida.

The public schools in NWA are very good. If you haven't purchased yet, you might want to look at Rogers too...it's a great town! Compared to Florida, what is considered crime here is minimal. Rogers just opened a new hospital too!

=)
so we just stay home when the roads are icy or there is too much snow, just like we did, living in Wash DC, NM or Dallas.

Nita

Old 07-26-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKatherineGallagher View Post
The perfect thing about it is one is in close proximity to satisfy just about any whim or lifestyle. From Bella Vista, we travel to Fayetteville to the Walton Art's Center to see broadway/concerts/arts entertainment, Eureka Springs for the Passion Play/Unique craftsmanship/Galleries, and Brason, MO for a theme park, shows, etc. The Promenade mall in the Bentonville/Rogers area is awesome and has brought in stores such as Coach, Williams & Sonoma, interesting restaurants and much more.

I believe the difference is if one wants to live 'in' the center of all of the activity or in a wooded, serene setting and then travel to the nearby areas when they want entertainment. I loathed the noise in Fayetteville. I find it hilarious to read police reports of dogs barking in Bella Vista; it beats the alternative.

I have been pleasantly surprised to watch and enjoy the growth. As for us, we feel we have the best of both worlds. I have fantasized about a helicopter during heavy traffic, but I digress.
our feelings exactly. We love living in a woody area, rural to some degree and yet, we have all the urban pluses within a few miles, entertainment, dining, medical, shopping or whatever else one may want.

And if the area was for seniors only, why are families moving in. Right
Nita

Old 07-27-2008, 09:05 AM

529 posts, read 1,650,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKatherineGallagher View Post
I loathed the noise in Fayetteville. I find it hilarious to read police reports of dogs barking in Bella Vista; it beats the alternative.
Noise in Fayetteville? I assume you're talking about Dickson Street which is only one street and it's a unique street that no other NWA city will ever have (not that senior people care). If you don't live near it then it's just as quiet here vs any other NWA city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers