Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 01:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,931 times

Advertisements

I am a disabled single adult on social security disability. I need to move to Conn. Or Del. to be closer to my only adult daughter. I have a voucher for Section 8 rental assistance. I would prefer a liberal population of less than 120,000, train access to Manhattan, an artsy vibe, within or near a collegiate atmosphere. As I will be relocating from rural Missouri, I will greatly appreciate any ideas to make this transition as seamless as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 01:55 PM

124 posts, read 219,124 times
Probably have more responses in the Conn or Del state sections.

Old 02-07-2015, 02:41 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,667,981 times
a section 8 rental in an area with an artsy vibe in the NY area? I don't know...

I went to school in Newark Delaware which is about 150 miles from Manhattan.(which is where i assume your daughter is in) definitely a college town atmosphere no idea about section 8 rentals. transportation to NY is limited

Greenwich Conn is about 35 miles from midtown Manhattan. its an expensive place I don't know about section 8. Just over the state line there's Port Chester, NY which is much poorer. that may work. point is that Greenwich is closest to Manhattan. anything above that is more miles

Why Delaware or Connecticut, why not other areas in the NY metro area (Delaware isn't even part of metro NY) like Mt Vernon, Yonkers, New Rochelle or the boros. you won't be in a college town and it won't be artsy but you may be able to get section 8

Old 02-07-2015, 03:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhleez View Post
I am a disabled single adult on social security disability. I need to move to Conn. Or Del. to be closer to my only adult daughter. I have a voucher for Section 8 rental assistance. I would prefer a liberal population of less than 120,000, train access to Manhattan, an artsy vibe, within or near a collegiate atmosphere. As I will be relocating from rural Missouri, I will greatly appreciate any ideas to make this transition as seamless as possible.
you are on the wrong forum: this is the AR thread...

Old 02-07-2015, 04:25 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,048,728 times
Delaware. This state you keep naming. I don't think it is as close to NY as you think it is.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:42 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,667,981 times
I don't think the OP understands that NY is different than other smaller cities and that a section 8 apartment usually does not coexist in an artsy neighborhood. maybe it does in parts of Brooklyn like Williamsburg but still...

the op doesnt say if their daughter is living in manhattan. if she does why not just move to Manhattan or the boros and get a section 8. a 150 mile commute from Delaware? a section 8 in Fairfield County Conn with a commute to Manhattan on Metro North? c'mon...

Old 02-11-2015, 09:45 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,244,394 times
Delaware and Connecticut are roughly 200 miles apart. You definitely are in the wrong forum. if your daughter is in NY, you can find section 8 housing in NYC or a borough such as queens or brooklyn. Spring valley, NY might also work for a NY suburb but that's roughly a 1 hr train ride out of NYC.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
Delaware and Connecticut are roughly 200 miles apart. You definitely are in the wrong forum. if your daughter is in NY, you can find section 8 housing in NYC or a borough such as queens or brooklyn. Spring valley, NY might also work for a NY suburb but that's roughly a 1 hr train ride out of NYC.
and I wonder where our moderator is so we can get this moved to where it belongs for the Op as well as us.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:12 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,746,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I wonder where our moderator is so we can get this moved to where it belongs for the Op as well as us.
I already reported it....they've been moving kind of slow on stuff like that lately. I reported some spam not long ago and it stayed for at least another week. Maybe they're understaffed.

Wonder how much the job pays....I have a kid who would love nothing better than sitting at a computer all day and getting paid for it!

Old 02-15-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I already reported it....they've been moving kind of slow on stuff like that lately. I reported some spam not long ago and it stayed for at least another week. Maybe they're understaffed.

Wonder how much the job pays....I have a kid who would love nothing better than sitting at a computer all day and getting paid for it!
yes, I reported it the day it appeared I think. My guess, we do not have an AR moderator right now. I don't know what happened to Sam. I have even emailed her, privately as she and I are friends, but didn't hear back. I am very concerned. I know, in the past she has had health concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers