Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 01:29 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,379 times

Advertisements

A relative sent this to me. Pretty cool that they'd come all this way to feature this amazing building!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nRYpSyW44A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 02:58 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
A relative sent this to me. Pretty cool that they'd come all this way to feature this amazing building!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nRYpSyW44A
Very cool!

Old 08-29-2015, 07:01 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,244,991 times
Some impossibly beautiful people.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:44 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Oh no!
I rec'd the catalog this week and just laughed and threw it out, still in shrinkwrap, because I haven't been to Northpark in decades.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:06 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times
Awesome! Love, love the music as well!

Old 09-01-2015, 06:36 PM

573 posts, read 585,236 times
We visited on Saturday and it was a wonderful museum. The outdoor part is really nice once I get my bike we are going to try to sneak up there and hit some more of the trails.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:38 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times
If Northpark is the mall on the west side of 75 and just south of 635, that mall is nowhere near as nice or big as the Houston Galleria, in my opinion, of course. NP didn't seem as big or nice as the Dallas Galleria. What I remember about NP, is it had ducks roaming freely in one area of the mall, it only had a couple of eating places, a Fenix Mexican restaraunt and a Furr's or a Luby's, and it had the last F.W. Woolworth's 5 and dime store that I was ever in. It even had that familiar Woolworth's smell that every Woolworth's seemed to have. That was a long time ago. Early 90's it seems like. From my perspective, NP and the Galleria we're not even in the same league. I know NP was one of the 1st indoor malls in Texas and the nation, but that was about the only thing it had on the Galleria. NP seemed like an older but pretty much a generic run of the mill mall, to me.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:55 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
If Northpark is the mall on the west side of 75 and just south of 635, that mall is nowhere near as nice or big as the Houston Galleria, in my opinion, of course. NP didn't seem as big or nice as the Dallas Galleria. What I remember about NP, is it had ducks roaming freely in one area of the mall, it only had a couple of eating places, a Fenix Mexican restaraunt and a Furr's or a Luby's, and it had the last F.W. Woolworth's 5 and dime store that I was ever in. It even had that familiar Woolworth's smell that every Woolworth's seemed to have. That was a long time ago. Early 90's it seems like. From my perspective, NP and the Galleria we're not even in the same league. I know NP was one of the 1st indoor malls in Texas and the nation, but that was about the only thing it had on the Galleria. NP seemed like an older but pretty much a generic run of the mill mall, to me.
NorthPark is a unique mall though. It's a free admission modern/contemporary art museum with shopping. Odd to find modern/contemporary art as the main feature since abstract art is not well appreciated in this part of the country. (L.A. is the centre point of that form of art.)

I guess the theme rotates every season. I was last there when they featured Andy Warhol-style art right before Thanksgiving a couple years ago. Odd to find soup cans in this type of retail!

Dallas' luxury/upscale shopping scene is too fragmented between NorthPark, Galleria Dallas, and Highland Park Village and they are far apart!

In Houston, almost all the luxury stores are inside the Galleria mall. There are a few stores a block away in BLVD Place, such as Hermès. Increasingly some are gravitating to River Oaks now that it's being redeveloped. Highland Village--about a kilometer from The Galleria mall--is starting to blossom in popularity with upscale stores, similar to Memorial City Mall when it was revamped a decade ago. They are riding the outdoor lifestyle centre trend as far as it will go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers