Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 09:33 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Springdale's downtown is being revitalized. You should revisit sometime.
Oh yeah, the downtown was already pretty nice when we were there (probably 7 or 8 years ago). We found some interesting antique shops/flea markets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 11:41 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofsnow67 View Post
I've used the word one other time. I know what it means. Maybe flaming would have been more accurate.
Really? When you admitted that you were being an a##hole later? Sarcasm is well and good, but not such negativity about an area.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:59 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofsnow67 View Post
1. The people -- warm and welcoming (especially if you are Walmart or one of its affiliates) I have nothing to do with Wal-Mart, and agree that they are warm and welcoming! Hell, I've walked to Taco Bell and since they wouldn't take a walk-up order at the drive-through, had people let me ride with them to the drive through!
2. People of color are NOT discriminated against -- just ask the white people on this forum! I'd rather ask Black people, because they are so far as I can tell, the numerical minority here. So, I have asked multiple Blacks and all of them I have spoken with have had pleasant things to say about racial integration in this area. If you want to know how minorities feel...go ask one.
3. The schools are great -- top in the state! That's what I've heard. Top in the nation for some sports, in the case of Bentonville High, I think.
4. if you are a good parent, your child will do just fine anywhere! Well, I know some kids that just couldn't be helped, sadly.
5. Confederate flags are NOT symbols of hatred and racism -- merely a symbol of southern heritage I see a lot of them here, but have not witnessed any hate crimes or anything of the sort. Seems accurate.
6. Real estate market is robust! Statistics won't give you the full picture, so we will. I don't know.
7. Tornadoes don't really come here -- no basement needed They do, but no moreso than where I used to live in Louisiana. Basement optional. Car wreck fatality more likely cause of death.
8. Summers aren't so hot Not near as hot as I'm used to, but it IS the south.
9. Traffic is not so bad I agree. The "traffic jams" always move, and it is much calmer than San Antonio, Houston, etc. But as a growing area, it does have more traffic than most typical towns with its population.
10. Tons of shopping and fast food restaurants I guess. I wouldn't know.
11. church and state one big happy family! ???
12. venomous snakes or poisonous spiders aren't really a problem (unless you get bit) I have yet to see a snake on my 35 acres. but I hear they are around.
13. meth use, child abuse and sex offender stats are probably grossly overstated -- data doesn't give you the full picture Meth is no overstated. I don't know about the others.
14. no place is perfect Sure there is, and I have a bridge that I'll sell you a toll ticket for to get there...
15. there is good and bad everywhere True, except once you cross my bridge...
16. Advice on different neighborhoods? Come see for yourself. Get a good realtor (?). +1
17. Reliable service providers with a strong work ethic Based on other places I've lived, very true.

If you can't see how great NWA is something must be wrong with you. You must be unhappy or homesick. Maybe you should go back to where you came from. (Did I get that right y'all?)
NWA isn't for everyone, but it is a very unique place, and if you appreciate what it has to offer, it's one of the few places in the country that offer a certain combo of things.

-Pro-Constitution (2A, etc.)
-Multiple Large healthcare institutions competing for business (Very VERY Good for everyone involved)
-Very strong economy and ability to weather recession.
-Very racially diverse with strong integration due to wal-mart vendors
-Climate and scenery (personal likes, here), 4 seasons, none too harsh or overbearing in duration.
-Small, "nuclear" cities, vs. "urban sprawl" such as DFW/San Antonio allow living in the country and commuting to work without driving for an inordinately long time.
-Very strong law enforcement community. Problems get handled.
-Strong "farmer's market" type community
-Liberal arts/creative thinking manage to co-exist alongside more traditional "right wing" mindsets pretty well here, as a balance, compared to many other areas. You can feel at home here with your "God and Guns" just as well as you can your hot-stone therapy and Wicca.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
NWA isn't for everyone, but it is a very unique place, and if you appreciate what it has to offer, it's one of the few places in the country that offer a certain combo of things.

-Multiple Large healthcare institutions competing for business (Very VERY Good for everyone involved)
-Climate and scenery (personal likes, here), 4 seasons, none too harsh or overbearing in duration.
-Small, "nuclear" cities, vs. "urban sprawl" such as DFW/San Antonio allow living in the country and commuting to work without driving for an inordinately long time.
-Liberal arts/creative thinking manage to co-exist alongside more traditional "right wing" mindsets pretty well here, as a balance, compared to many other areas. You can feel at home here with your "God and Guns" just as well as you can your hot-stone therapy and Wicca.
just your comments about the farmers markets, how many have them in almost every small town? I will be heading out tomorrow morning to Gravette. I love to get free range eggs for $3 a dozen but they are usually sold out 15 minutes after the market opens. WE have lived all over the country, never have we lived where the city meets the country in only 10 miles or so. You can't say that about Los Angeles, DC, Dallas and certainly not Chicago.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:09 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post

This might be the best summary of Northwest Arkansas ever posted on this site.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:30 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,245,614 times
here's a supporting article you guys might find interesting

16 Reasons Why You Should Never Visit Arkansas

Old 09-19-2015, 05:30 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
here's a supporting article you guys might find interesting

16 Reasons Why You Should Never Visit Arkansas
#11 looks like Kings River Falls...I have only been there once, but it was about to rain and we didn't have enough time there. It is an absolutely beautiful spot, and the hike to it is also beautiful and not very long. Even the drive to the parking spot for the trailhead is beautiful!

I miss Arkansas so much...haven't been able to get there for a year and a half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers