Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 06:19 AM

74 posts, read 98,965 times

Advertisements

First stop is the Visitor center.

I like buffets but will eat anywhere. Im looking for your recommendation for a dont miss lunch here.

Of all your many parks, which one is a dont miss seeing this one while you're here.

Im going to visit the library. And is there a used book store I should see?

I will drive around and thru the University.

Is there anything you could add to this for me, that I oughta do/see this or that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 07:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,772,490 times
Since it sounds like you are exploring Fayetteville, the park I would recommend would be Wilson Park.

As for restaurants, since Friday's weather should be glorious, I would head to Penguin Ed's BBQ, and sit outside. If the weather weren't so great, I'd head to Hugo's for a burger and the HUGE mound of fries that come with burgers.

For a bookstore, head to Dickson Street. Nightbird.

You'll love Fayetteville's library.

And just wandering around the Fayetteville Square will be nice with the excellent weather we're expecting for Friday.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:58 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,772,490 times
Also, since you'll be right around there, the Markham Gallery in the Walton Arts Center might have an interesting exhibit.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:02 AM

4,361 posts, read 4,310,848 times
Whole Hog BBQ at Fiesta Square on College if you want really good BBQ.
AQ Chicken is always good for fried chicken.
Fayetteville public library is one of the best I have used.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:06 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,325,455 times
sounds like every place is pretty much covered. Eating wise, try Sassie's I think it is called; not really in the downtown area. Yes, walk around the square while there as well. I don't think there are any great buffets, but right off 49 is the usual Golden Corral. It is not really in Fayetteville. I think it is off exit 81.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:12 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,488,483 times
I like all the restaurants mentioned above.
If you're downtown walking around, I can recommend Hammontree's Grilled Cheese for lunch. It's right off Dickson. Get the sweet potato fries for an appetizer.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:11 AM

So folks.

I took 65 to the 412. RIDICULOUS! I have never viewed such a beautiful drive as that 412. Kinda Tuscany like.

I think the downtown round the visitors center is a delight. I ate downstairs at Hugos. I had the smokey cheddar burger. Outstanding.

The library with that terrace overlooking the ozarks was relaxing. A real jewel of a library.

I liked the people of Fayetteville. I CAN be general because even driving pedestrians would look you in the eye! Let alone myself walking around or talking to anyone. Eye contact and a smile. Very friendly all around.

I went to the Wilson Park and enjoyed some time there.

I liked how hilly the area is, as I also live amongst hills.

A very nice city.

The traffic was more cutthroat then I would have thought. Felt pretty stressed driving around. I dont think I would be inclined to bicycle around.

So all around a good trip and positive experience.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:11 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,325,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutty1 View Post
So folks.

I took 65 to the 412. RIDICULOUS! I have never viewed such a beautiful drive as that 412. Kinda Tuscany like.

I think the downtown round the visitors center is a delight. I ate downstairs at Hugos. I had the smokey cheddar burger. Outstanding.

The library with that terrace overlooking the ozarks was relaxing. A real jewel of a library.

I liked the people of Fayetteville. I CAN be general because even driving pedestrians would look you in the eye! Let alone myself walking around or talking to anyone. Eye contact and a smile. Very friendly all around.

I went to the Wilson Park and enjoyed some time there.

I liked how hilly the area is, as I also live amongst hills.

A very nice city.

The traffic was more cutthroat then I would have thought. Felt pretty stressed driving around. I dont think I would be inclined to bicycle around.

So all around a good trip and positive experience.
Are you heading out already, sounds like you are? As for the traffic, it can be pretty bad certain times of the day, but a breeze on weekends unless is something going on like football, bb and bbs or other activities.

Glad you had a good visit, keep us posted on your plans.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:06 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,711,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutty1 View Post
So folks. I took 65 to the 412. RIDICULOUS! I have never viewed such a beautiful drive as that 412. Kinda Tuscany like.
I've said before that parts of Arkansas, in the spring, can look like Ireland...well, the pictures I've seen of Ireland. haha

(btw, I know Tuscany is not in Ireland.)

Old 03-23-2016, 02:54 PM

I just learned that besides me seeing and loving your huge Fayetteville library. You have TWO libraries! the Washington County library which has as many books as Fayetteville.

What a bookish place! Then again University of Arkansas has libraries.

How did I miss that you have 2 public librarys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
View detailed profiles of: