Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 12:18 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,987,650 times

Advertisements

I plan to drive down in the next few weeks for my first of many visits to check the area out as a possible retirement location in 2017/18. I will be coming down 35 to 49, and am wondering if anybody has suggestions for any must-see destinations that are along the way? I may be traveling with at least one dog, so suggestions for large parks with hiking trails would be great.

The plan is to visit Crystal Bridges, Museum of Native American History, and other local attractions, and generally do a tour of the surrounding area towns to get a feel for the area. Suggestions are welcome

Any suggestions for a safe cheap hotel that takes dogs in/around Bentonville would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 01:41 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,989,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaw View Post
I plan to drive down in the next few weeks for my first of many visits to check the area out as a possible retirement location in 2017/18. I will be coming down 35 to 49, and am wondering if anybody has suggestions for any must-see destinations that are along the way? I may be traveling with at least one dog, so suggestions for large parks with hiking trails would be great.

The plan is to visit Crystal Bridges, Museum of Native American History, and other local attractions, and generally do a tour of the surrounding area towns to get a feel for the area. Suggestions are welcome

Any suggestions for a safe cheap hotel that takes dogs in/around Bentonville would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I'd suggest hiking at Devil's Den, just south of Fayetteville. I'd suggest "Cross hill" in Fayetteville just for the view. It's a short drive and nice.

Eating:

Tusk and Trotter (Bentonville)
Sam's (Rogers)(They have some of the best cuts of meat available, per a guy who works in that industry that goes to my gym, and my experience there backs it up)
Park Place (Rogers, down town)

In general, the whole area is full of awesomeness so far, unless you plan on driving around from 1645-1845hrs. Then, your life will suck.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:44 PM

194 posts, read 262,255 times
i used this site when i moved here for places that take digs: Pet Friendly Hotel Chains & Pet Policies

Old 03-15-2016, 09:31 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,130,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I'd suggest "Cross hill" in Fayetteville just for the view. It's a short drive and nice.
"cross hill" is called Mt. Sequoyah, if you're asking for directions there from a local.

You can look it up on Google or GPS as "Mt Sequoyah Assembly". The top of the hill is an old Methodist Church retreat. The "cross" is the most popular overlook with views of Fayetteville. I also recommend it.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:49 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,989,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
"cross hill" is called Mt. Sequoyah, if you're asking for directions there from a local.

You can look it up on Google or GPS as "Mt Sequoyah Assembly". The top of the hill is an old Methodist Church retreat. The "cross" is the most popular overlook with views of Fayetteville. I also recommend it.
TY!
Rather simple when it comes to such things. :/

Old 03-16-2016, 06:15 AM

490 posts, read 1,266,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaw View Post

Thank you!
All LaQuintas take dogs at no charge, we travel with ours often that is where we always stay. Also most Drury Inns take pets also but don't know if there is one in that area.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
On your drive in, you'll pass through Bella Vista. You might want to stop and check out the Mildred B Cooper Memorial Chapel to stretch yours and your dog's legs. It's worth the stop, as it's truly beautiful, and it's close to the highway so it's not really a detour.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:41 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,987,650 times
Thank you everyone! I added everyone's suggestions to my must-see list.

Thanks for the dog-friendly hotel link- I knew about that site but it had totally slipped my mind. And thanks for the info on La Quinta- I will most likely stay there as it looks like the nicest for the $.

I have heard so much about how beautiful NW AR is; I am excited to finally get down to visit.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:07 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,366,961 times
I had a lovely time in Bentonville when I visited and I highly recommend Crystal Bridges, there is a walking trail from there to downtown Bentonville, which has a lovely town square with shops and so forth and of course the Wal-Mart Museum which is somewhat interesting, although of course take it with a grain of salt since it's a corporation doing its own museum. There was a farmer's market on the Saturday I was there which was also fun. There is also a "splash pad" just past the Art Hotel (which is worth popping inside if you like art), which is fun for little kids if you have any and it's summertime.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:27 PM

9 posts, read 11,711 times
Tanyard Creek in Bella Vista would be a wonderful place to take your dog for a short hike. It has a long series of waterfalls coming off of the lake above it, hiking along multiple small bluffs, & a fun swinging bridge across the creek. It is just down the road from the Mildred B Cooper Chapel.

Bella Vista & Bentonville have wonderful city managed paved walking/biking trails. Really all of NWA has a great system of city trails. Any section of the Razorback Greenway would be fun for you and your dog. The greenway runs from Lake Bella Vista all the way to Fayetteville.

You should also check out the Bentonville Bark Park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers