Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 10:30 AM

5 posts, read 7,972 times

Advertisements

Family of 5 relocating to NWA from Louisiana. We are looking for family friendly neighborhood with possibly community pool under 200,000.Kids are 11 and 6y/o twins. I'm a nurse and husband's a teacher, haven't officially accepted any jobs yet and we are coming to explore the area next week. Just wondering the best places to look. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 02:49 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,151,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaine2442 View Post
Family of 5 relocating to NWA from Louisiana. We are looking for family friendly neighborhood with possibly community pool under 200,000.Kids are 11 and 6y/o twins. I'm a nurse and husband's a teacher, haven't officially accepted any jobs yet and we are coming to explore the area next week. Just wondering the best places to look. Thanks.
wow, there are so many possibilities depending on where you will be working. I don't know many with neighborhood pools if that is what you mean, but most cities do have public pools. My suggestion and it only a matter of opinion, based of reputation and schools, as well as family oriented and family activities: probably I would say Bentonville first, then Bella vista on the east side, which is Bentonville schools. Centerton is an up and coming town with lots of young families, but I don't know if they have a community pool. It is in Bentonville school district. Our great grandkids live in a family neighborhood here in Bella Vista. They love it. She is a nurse Practitioner: hubby an accountant.. If the jobs are a little further south, you would want to think Rogers or even Fayetteville, though property in Fayetteville will be a little bit higher. You can't really go wrong with any of these cities. They have amenities, decent to very good schools and all pretty, with lots of greenery. Centerton isn't as pretty, it is pretty flat with one house close to the next unless you can afford the really larger ones, which I think will be out of your housing budget. Good luck and keep us informed.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:07 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,215,522 times
Plenty of development with pools, but 200k is a bit low for those neighborhoods.

Prices have been going steadily up and the price per square foot is pushing 120.. In once affordable neighborhoods

Even the smallest homes near me are pushing 108/sq ft and they don't have a pool.

There is a community on route 264 off mount Hebron road that still looks affordable for you

Old 05-25-2016, 09:19 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,955,032 times
Quote:
Bentonville and Centerton seem more kid friendly to me. $200k should be easy, although when you throw the pool thing in there, I dunno. Definitely check out both Northwest and Mercy before you take a job with one or the other. I've worked for both, and the distinctly differ.

Where in LA are you moving from? I unfortunately used to live in Shreveport/Bossier. I am amazed on a daily basis how much better things are, here.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Bentonville and Centerton seem more kid friendly to me. $200k should be easy, although when you throw the pool thing in there, I dunno. Definitely check out both Northwest and Mercy before you take a job with one or the other. I've worked for both, and the distinctly differ.

Where in LA are you moving from? I unfortunately used to live in Shreveport/Bossier. I am amazed on a daily basis how much better things are, here.
I could be wrong but I don't think she is asking for a place with a pool, but a neighborhood that has a community pool. But you are right: either way there are a lot of nice neighborhoods in her price range, but as gunslinger said, the communities with neighborhood pools are going for $100 plus a sq foot. It will have to be a developed neighborhood, which is fine.

You mentioned you have worked at both Mercy and NorthWest. Our granddaughter did her internship at both. She liked each for different reasons. She had her last baby at Northwest because that is where her doctor practiced.
Hubby and I have had surgeries or procedures at both. We are happy with either as well, but slightly prefer Mercy, though the doctors we have liked the best were affiliated with both or Northwest. All except my orthopedist. He is Mercy.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:16 AM

5 posts, read 7,972 times
moving from West Monroe. Housing is going way up here, but in my opinion, the community/family friendliness is going down.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:03 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,955,032 times
Quote:
moving from West Monroe. Housing is going way up here, but in my opinion, the community/family friendliness is going down.
You're going to love this area. I used to live in Shreveport, and every time I visited my friends up here, I literally had nightmares about where I lived for a few days after I got back home. Kid you not. And I don't dream.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:00 PM

41 posts, read 66,562 times
For that price and amenities, probably Centerton is best. I'm partial to Rogers/Bentonville (and even Lowell), because it seems like everything is in their downtowns or the Pinnacle Hills area (Fayetteville is fun, but I have seemed to outgrow it after kids). As I mentioned on another board, I think that it is really hard to go wrong up here. All the areas are great, so find what you want. If you want to be close to shopping, dining, amenities - pick Rogers or Bentonville. If you like some seclusion, consider Bella Vista or Beaver Lake.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadmaker1 View Post
For that price and amenities, probably Centerton is best. I'm partial to Rogers/Bentonville (and even Lowell), because it seems like everything is in their downtowns or the Pinnacle Hills area (Fayetteville is fun, but I have seemed to outgrow it after kids). As I mentioned on another board, I think that it is really hard to go wrong up here. All the areas are great, so find what you want. If you want to be close to shopping, dining, amenities - pick Rogers or Bentonville. If you like some seclusion, consider Bella Vista or Beaver Lake.
and the nice thing: any of those places are within about 10 to 20 minutes to Pinnacle, good shopping or whatever. My only problem with Centerton is there are not the trees we get in many parts of NWA. I think Beaver lake, in the areas that would attract families may be a little pricy.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:43 PM

291 posts, read 373,698 times
I don't know if you are at all interested in Fayetteville but the Salem Village neighborhood has a community pool with houses under 2k. Very social, friendly neighborhood in west Fayetteville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers