Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:13 PM

34 posts, read 191,165 times

Advertisements

I have lived in that area too. If you are employed by Walmart then live in Bentonville. If you will be a vendor to Walmart then live in Rogers or Fayetteville. IMO Springdale public schools were not that good. It is a bedroom community and very nice. The people I knew who lived there either did not have school aged children or they sent their children to private schools. Fayetteville is a nice, small community and very diverse due to the University. The public schools there are good too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 10:26 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,688,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey33 View Post
Thank you guys for your responses. I definitely feel more comfortable with the move now. Please provide me with any after school program information that you may have. I greatly appreciate the advice of Fayettevile Schools and the information provided so far. I am currently looking into the Fayetteville area as well for a relocation area. Again, thanks so much for your responses.
Coming, as you are, from a high-crime city, you will probably find even Springdale to be nice, but Fayetteville is much nicer. And it's so close to Springdale that it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. (Try doing a search on this forum on both of them and see what you find....they've both been discussed many times.)

There are very few black people in the whole NW corner of Arkansas, in my experience. Lots of Latinos, though. Be prepared to see pretty much nothing but whites and Latinos everywhere you go. Anyway, if you are as responsible as you seem and your children are well-mannered, you will find your way. People respect that. I wish you well in your move. I'm glad for your kids' sake that you are getting out of the high-crime city.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:55 PM

465 posts, read 1,411,467 times
I've seen more black people in Fayettville than Springdale. The people I've met in Springdale where nice though. There are a lot of hispanic people and also the largest population of Marshalese people outside of the Marshal islands ANYWHERE. I hardly ever hear about any crime in Springdale.
We have a very old black community in Fort Smith. I'm not black but I had a lot of black school teachers growing up that took a lot of pride in there community and heritage.
We also have a Asian community and like Springdale a booming Hispanic population.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 4,309 times
You might also look into the smaller areas as well. We live over in the Siloam Springs area. It is a nice area that is quickly growing, but schools are smaller & it might be an easier adjustment for your children.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM

13 posts, read 30,062 times
I was going to suggest Siloam Springs as well. We have many recreational activities for the whole family. There is a free movie shown in the park every Friday night during the summer, kite days at the airport, group fishing, bowling outings, etc. Also, John Brown University is located here and the town is growing very quickly. A new high school is almost complete, and a new hospital is being built as well. Springdale is a short drive down 412, about 20 minutes or so depending on where you are headed.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:20 PM

13 posts, read 29,621 times
Quote:
Hello, Im am seeking relocation advice from you guys. I am a black single parent of 3 very smart, mannerable children. My job is transfering me to Springdale, AR. Currently, I live in a prodominently black high crime city, which I do not partake in. Actually I am a proud busy mother as my children keep me on the go with their school activities. I've been told that Springdale is a GREAT place to live and raise my children. The schools there are wonderful. This excites me the most. However, I am little concerned of any racial issues, if any. Growing up I was told that there were racial issues in Northwest AR, but after visiting areas like Bentonville and Rogers, I loved it there. My ultimate goal for my children is to grow up in a diversified environment. It concerns me if there would be any issues with me being a black single mother living in Springdale. Also, I want my children to feel welcomed and comfortable. This would be a change for them hopefully for the better. Also, are there any after school programs, like The Boys and Girls Club of America. Thanks for your help!

Single Black Mom of 3
I see your original post was a year ago (I haven't been on this forum for a while but I hope you read this). NWA is not racial at all. My husband and I are caucasian and out son black (we adopted him as a baby). We moved to Rogers when he was 14. There are not very many African Americans in NWA but he made so many good friends. Race was not an issue at all. He was voted president of his high school student union. I think you will love the area. We had to move b/c of my husband's job but wish we still lived there.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:21 PM

4 posts, read 33,950 times
hi. the post above is similar to my situation. I live in a small town but the racial equation is half black and half white. There is not a lot of crime, and everyone gets alone which is remarkable because i'm in the midwest. We have black owned nightclubs, stores, and even black churches that all nationalities are welcomed. My job is sending us to Springdale. I am interested in moving to an area that we can get a little of all and be welcomed. I do not have children, its my husband and I. We are a middle aged couple who like a laid back life but we like to go out for fun activities occassional. Where do you recommend we have our realtor to look for property for us to live that easy to commute to Springdale.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallace2 View Post
hi. the post above is similar to my situation. I live in a small town but the racial equation is half black and half white. There is not a lot of crime, and everyone gets alone which is remarkable because i'm in the midwest. We have black owned nightclubs, stores, and even black churches that all nationalities are welcomed. My job is sending us to Springdale. I am interested in moving to an area that we can get a little of all and be welcomed. I do not have children, its my husband and I. We are a middle aged couple who like a laid back life but we like to go out for fun activities occassional. Where do you recommend we have our realtor to look for property for us to live that easy to commute to Springdale.
Depending on your budget I think you would be happiest in Fayetteville or somewhere in the general area. For the most part you are not going to find a lot of racial problems anywhere in the area unless you choose one of the very small, rural cities.

Nita

Old 12-29-2011, 01:19 PM

25 posts, read 77,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallace2 View Post
If you speak spanish, Springdale.

Otherwise i would look in Fayetteville or maybe Johnson. Houses are considerably cheaper in Johnson. There is no crime in fayetteville, more in springdale.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:59 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,165,459 times
Quote:
Hello, Im am seeking relocation advice from you guys. I am a black single parent of 3 very smart, mannerable children. My job is transfering me to Springdale, AR. Currently, I live in a prodominently black high crime city, which I do not partake in. Actually I am a proud busy mother as my children keep me on the go with their school activities. I've been told that Springdale is a GREAT place to live and raise my children. The schools there are wonderful. This excites me the most. However, I am little concerned of any racial issues, if any. Growing up I was told that there were racial issues in Northwest AR, but after visiting areas like Bentonville and Rogers, I loved it there. My ultimate goal for my children is to grow up in a diversified environment. It concerns me if there would be any issues with me being a black single mother living in Springdale. Also, I want my children to feel welcomed and comfortable. This would be a change for them hopefully for the better. Also, are there any after school programs, like The Boys and Girls Club of America. Thanks for your help!

Single Black Mom of 3

IMO pick another town other than Springdale. Not because or racial issues but due to the fact that it is now a dirty run down city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers