Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 03:59 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,131,035 times

Advertisements

This is the worst weekend of the year for visiting Fayetteville. This is the one weekend per year during which I have actually questioned our wisdom in moving here. Thankfully, the past few years we wised up and make plans to leave town for this weekend.

It's time for Bikes Blues BBQ, which means our little city is invaded by obnoxious, loud-pipe-blasting mid-life crises on motorcycles.

It is hell on wheels, literally.

We leave first thing in the morning. We'd be leaving tonight if not for a minor work-related emergency that held us up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 04:10 PM

139 posts, read 137,054 times
I went to Dickson and bought a tshirt earlier. Gonna mix vodka and tonic in a water bottle and go back shortly.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:21 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,364,058 times
Grin and bear it....Looks like the city likes 'em or at least the millions of $$$ they leave behind.

2014 $$$

"Bikes, Blues & BBQ handed out over $100,000 to 24 local charities last year".

Police report for today...so far

Donations to local charities

Full disclosure....wife I both ride Harley's
Gemstone1

Old 09-22-2016, 09:52 PM

They are giving out free tobacco products I got a purse full and I got a flask with my initials on it, I think from grizzly. A guy was selling pink switchblades for $20 but I talked him down to $15, I kind of have my heart set on a havalon piranta in power pink but this one is so cool because you push the button and it opens and then you push the button again and it closes.
I thought the live music kind of sucked tonight but hopefully it will be better friday and saturday. Only got hit on once and I think some guy may have yelled pervert at me but he looked away when I looked at him, not positive he was even yelling at me. Ran into another trans girl I know from fayetteville and we talked for a while.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:01 PM

Blade doesn't seem to cut paper too well so It probably wasn't worth $15 and I'm not surprised but oh well it was fun. I'm going to order a pink havalon piranta probably later this week.

Old 09-23-2016, 05:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
not being a biker and only and not understanding the thrill one gets out of being one, except the bikes are really awesome looking, I wouldn't go near the place. I know RockClimber hates this weekend, but I know a lot of people who love it. The pastor of our church even finds time on Sat to take his bike and spend a few hours there or he has in the past. If you don't like bikes, and don't live in Fayetteville for heavens sake stay away, far away, but the think many like about the 4 day event: it bring a lot of money into the city and a lot of money to many charities. Bikers can be very generous and kind.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:31 PM

Well I went back for a couple of hours tonight but stayed sober this time. Some transvestite was walking around in really short shorts and I guess I knew her because she started staring right at me but I didn't want to get outed so I looked away and she turned around and walked the other way. The bikers next to me were like is that a woman or a man and his girlfriend was like I don't know but they were looking right at us. Then the guy was like I don't know but that was a good looking dude did you see the legs on em. So I thought about saying do you think I'm a guy or a girl but I didn't, I guess I was passing pretty well because they didn't seem to notice. So that was pretty funny.
It was a lot more crowded, the line for the concert was so long I didn't even try to get in. It was a lot of fun though. I would go back tomorrow but I have to work.
Its mainly concentrated on Dickson though, I just would stay away from there if you don't like bikes. Its not that bad in the rest of Fayetteville in my opinion you just see more motorcyles than usual thats about it.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:49 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,974,972 times
I am not planning on going to NW Arkansas this weekend so I should be fine.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:37 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,248,821 times
we made it through another BBB with a few casualties.

I did head to fayetteville on Friday night to pickup my daughter from school but besides the significant increase in 2 and 3 wheeled traffic and associated noise, the traffic was not terrible although we stayed well away from Dickson street.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:47 PM

God I miss the bikers, they should make it last at least 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers