U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 05:10 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,675,327 times

Advertisements

LOL I do that, too. It amazes my sister when I have to ask her for her address. I can find it blindfolded. Just don't ask where it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 07:25 PM

223 posts, read 262,267 times
I respectfully ask that we stay on the topic of my original question. Thanks so much.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:08 PM

338 posts, read 861,964 times
Arrow NWA & Buying Historic Homes

I grew up in the area (though I've far removed now), but... definitely, even when I was there - the Washington area (in Fayetteville) had some beautiful homes. It's amazing now to think the prices for which they are listing! The further north you go in Fayetteville, the newer (though not *that* new) the homes will be on the whole. Stay further South in town.

Fayetteville, Arkansas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've visited about once/year - driving through. You might try closer to the campus area - UoA near "Old Main" (still in Fayetteville - just ask someone in the area - they'll know what it is). There were some beautiful older homes there as well, esp. near the (Razorback) stadium area - drive NW of there a few blocks.

Old Main (University of Arkansas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I mainly wrote to confirm what others have said about Eureka Springs. It is the Victorian Home lovers' paradise! Nestled in some steep hills, it's quite endearing and also home (I think still) to the Passion Play which is well-known in the area and many unique shops. Something you'd want to know if you end up living there, esp. with religious background. However, if you want to stay near Fayetteville - be aware that E.S. is about 1 Hr. 20 min. drive NE of F.

MODERATOR: No links to RE companies
Eureka Springs, Arkansas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are older homes all over AR, but NW AR is the prettiest area - steep, hilly, beautiful colors in the fall, and Hog Wild! Other parts of the state are nice, but if you divide the state into quadrants, the S. and E. portions of the state are mostly flat farmland.

And finally... I just found this site which you might like:

OldHouses.com - Archived Historic Homes : Built Before 1920

Enjoy your search! And have a safe move...

Last edited by Sam I Am; 03-03-2008 at 04:30 AM..

Old 03-03-2008, 12:08 AM
DRD

38 posts, read 87,924 times
Smile Historical Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeb4 View Post
We are possibly looking for a historical home in NWA. Preferably one that has already been renovated. I do not see many if any on the MLS for this area. However I have heard that there are some nice neighborhoods with these type homes on this forum. Please PM me with any links you have for these type properties either to rent or buy. Looking at the $250k-350K range if possible or rent up to $2200. Thanks.
Check out Eureka Springs, they have some of the most spectacular historic homes you have ever seen. They actually have trolleys that tour the beautiful homes, thats the caliber your looking at.

Good luck!

MODERATOR: No links to RE companies

Last edited by Sam I Am; 03-03-2008 at 04:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers