Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 08:32 PM

641 posts, read 1,072,200 times

Advertisements

Last edited by teakboat; 10-08-2018 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: e
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 08:51 PM

31 posts, read 26,234 times
I live in Manhattan Beach CA, and it's heaven on Earth.

That said, NW Arkansas is a delight as well. We should all get along here.

The diversity in this amazing nation is what makes it such a great place. Lets embrace these differences.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Northern California, southern California who cares I'm talking about the California west coast and everthing I've said applies to that. It's a very small area, and you are attacking my comments with semantics. Your initial comment that you are shocked that San Jose is the tech center of the world can be answered by my response - it's the climate, stupid.
OMG, where in the world did you get the idea I ever said I am shocked that Silicon Valley became the tech center of the world? Man, some people have trouble understanding what others are saying. My comment referred to 40 years ago and when modern tech was making its mark on the world and San Jose was just another sprawling city not too far from San Francisco. No one would have thought about it becoming what it has: not shocked, just not something we thought much about. I lived in the bay area and Sac and no, the climate was not the reason Silicon Valley became what it is today. I am going to drop the topic as far as responding to you as you are having trouble simply understanding what someone else has to say. I would love to know how much time you have spent in CA, especially the bay area and Silicon Valley particularly?

Let me add just one more thing: there is a huge difference between NO. CA and So CA: that is why, for years many have suggested separating into 2 states. That would be like saying, who cares, the Ar delta region or NWA? As for the weather, the differences between NO. CA and So CA is amazing, the same as the difference between living on the coast in CA compared to living in the central valley or the east side of the state. But this is the AR board and not the CA board.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:08 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,127,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Here is the deal though. The core of the Tulsa "metro" sits at the confluence of three counties. Tulsa, Osage, and Creek counties. Osage county is the biggest county in the state of Oklahoma land area wise yet very little of it is actually a part of the Tulsa metro. The same is true for Creek county. The other three counties are suburban and exurban and rural just like the four counties included in the NWA MSA. The density of the two MSA's including the six and the four counties is basically identical.
The overwhelming majority of land area comprising the "Northwest Arkansas Metropolitan Area" is rural.

Madison County has 15,000 people. McDonald County has 24,000 people.

Washington County (the county in which Fayetteville is located) is basically wilderness until you hit the southern edge of Fayetteville. Look at an aerial map.

The urban area of the metro area is clustered together in northern Washington County and central Benton County. That core is surrounded by lots of rural farming areas, and Ozarks back-country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers