Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 06:24 AM

448 posts, read 364,169 times

Advertisements

I have been looking at Bela Vista. Seems to be on a par with HSV. Are there any bad areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 01:47 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
I have been looking at Bela Vista. Seems to be on a par with HSV. Are there any bad areas?
every town has a bad area but overall I can't say enough about Bella Vista as you probably know. It is the only place we have lived where you have a wonderful balance between rural and urban. We are close to wonderful medical facilities, shopping good restaurants and most everything one could want. We have 7 golf courses, lots of lakes, good fishing and great hiking and walking trails.

People are from all over the country, hardly find a true Arkansan here. The demographics are changing. It is still a haven for seniors but more and more young people with families are locating here. We have 1 elementary school and plans for a charter school in another year. It won't a go this year.

Our weather is a little more varied than HSV, a little more snow in the winter and not as hot in the summer, but not a lot different. Both cities were developed by Cooper. We do not have gates. We have section that was gated at one time, but no more. Property is a little less expensive here than HSV I think.

Politically it leans right and yet no so much so that any a person leaning left would feel out of place. Like much of AR religion has a strong hold, and yet, no one has to feel uncomfortable if they are not involved in an organized religion.

I guess what I am saying is: we have something for everyone.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:08 PM

Thanks. I have pros and cons for both places. I lived in HS just a bit south of the east gate for two years. We know HS area and love the historic down town. I like the Village and all it has to offer in the way of security and amenities. Also knowing an area is nice and comforting. Bella Vista has closeness to Eureka Springs a great place to visit, I have a Brother who just moved to Farmington and is having a home built. We are in our mid 50s and I work from home so no big deal that way either way. My wife works in finance and would need to find something to bring in insurance. I think Bentonville would have more to offer on that front. We really want a home with a view. For us moving to Arkansas and not getting a view is like getting an ice cream cone with no ice cream. I love the winters in HS area. Yes they could get a inch of snow but it was gone in a day or two. I have to make a decision soon.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I have pros and cons for both places. I lived in HS just a bit south of the east gate for two years. We know HS area and love the historic down town. I like the Village and all it has to offer in the way of security and amenities. Also knowing an area is nice and comforting. Bella Vista has closeness to Eureka Springs a great place to visit, I have a Brother who just moved to Farmington and is having a home built. We are in our mid 50s and I work from home so no big deal that way either way. My wife works in finance and would need to find something to bring in insurance. I think Bentonville would have more to offer on that front. We really want a home with a view. For us moving to Arkansas and not getting a view is like getting an ice cream cone with no ice cream. I love the winters in HS area. Yes they could get a inch of snow but it was gone in a day or two. I have to make a decision soon.
Depending on where you live in BV the drive to Bentonville can be as short as 10 or 15 minutes. If you live in the Highlands on the west side of town, we have a new shortcut. It is part of the bypass which eventually will connect Bentonville with MO without going through town. We do live close and love the bypass. For those closer to 71 unless it is heavy traffic time the commute is nothing and even in traffic time if you live in the south part of town the traffic is light. With all the lakes it isn't hard to find a place with a wonderful view. Of course your pocketbook will determine what kind of a view you will get.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Depending on where you live in BV the drive to Bentonville can be as short as 10 or 15 minutes. If you live in the Highlands on the west side of town, we have a new shortcut. It is part of the bypass which eventually will connect Bentonville with MO without going through town. We do live close and love the bypass. For those closer to 71 unless it is heavy traffic time the commute is nothing and even in traffic time if you live in the south part of town the traffic is light. With all the lakes it isn't hard to find a place with a wonderful view. Of course your pocketbook will determine what kind of a view you will get.
Well it looks like another trip to Bella Vista is in the cards for August. Sold my condo and need to get going on buying our retirement home.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:33 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,119,995 times
Bella Vista vs HSV:

Bella Vista is a part of a larger metro area, but it is on the far northern end of the metro area, so it probably doesn't feel a lot more "in town" than HSV does. I'd put the restaurants and cultural activities in Bentonville up against anything in Hot Springs.

Hot Springs has better architecture and cooler history, but apart from "touristy" things like the water park and amusement park, Bentonville has better culture.

Bella Vista is also closer to shopping and a regional airport than Hot Springs Village.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:35 PM

Just got off the phone with the realtor my brother used. He sells in the Farmington area. When I was talking Bella Vista he said he hated it and would not live there. I asked why and he said it was too close to Missouri, flooded often and all the homes were on hills. He said the cheapest homes in the area were in Bella Vista. My gut is saying he likes to sell over priced crap in his area. He is telling me I need to look at 275k homes in the Prairie grove area. And he has 100k lots that over look PG. I will go to HSV before I did that.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:23 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,119,995 times
Quote:
Just got off the phone with the realtor my brother used. He sells in the Farmington area. When I was talking Bella Vista he said he hated it and would not live there. I asked why and he said it was too close to Missouri, flooded often and all the homes were on hills. He said the cheapest homes in the area were in Bella Vista. My gut is saying he likes to sell over priced crap in his area. He is telling me I need to look at 275k homes in the Prairie grove area. And he has 100k lots that over look PG. I will go to HSV before I did that.
There are some cheaper homes in certain parts of Bella Vista. There are some very nice ones, too. There are almost no (or none) apartments that I know of. PG or Farmington would be great for school-aged kids. It is mostly famlies out there. Bella Vista is going to have far fewer families are many more retirees.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
I would question any realtor that made such a statement and I was a realtor for 12 years. A good realtor does not voice such strong personal views. I wonder why he mentioned it is to close to MO? I wonder if there is something wrong with MO that no one has told any of us about? As for flooding? Yes we do from time to time get heavy rains and yes, it can be a huge deal to the golf courses, but we don't have a lot of home damaged, road closures or anything like that. Most of us are not even mildly affected by a few inches of rain? Are houses built on hills? Of course they are, that is what gives so many a nice view for heavens sake. We happen to have a flat, level lot and no view except for the forest, which is a view to me. We have a lot of friends that have level front lots but they overlook the lakes so you do have a back yard that slopes.

I will add one thing to what Rock Climber said though: he mentioned older people, retired people living here. That certainly is true but the median age is going down yearly. At one time it was truly a retirement community. Now the median age, I believe is about 50. More and more young families are moving into the area. I only mention this because it might influence how you feel one way or the other.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would question any realtor that made such a statement and I was a realtor for 12 years. A good realtor does not voice such strong personal views. I wonder why he mentioned it is to close to MO? I wonder if there is something wrong with MO that no one has told any of us about? As for flooding? Yes we do from time to time get heavy rains and yes, it can be a huge deal to the golf courses, but we don't have a lot of home damaged, road closures or anything like that. Most of us are not even mildly affected by a few inches of rain? Are houses built on hills? Of course they are, that is what gives so many a nice view for heavens sake. We happen to have a flat, level lot and no view except for the forest, which is a view to me. We have a lot of friends that have level front lots but they overlook the lakes so you do have a back yard that slopes.

I will add one thing to what Rock Climber said though: he mentioned older people, retired people living here. That certainly is true but the median age is going down yearly. At one time it was truly a retirement community. Now the median age, I believe is about 50. More and more young families are moving into the area. I only mention this because it might influence how you feel one way or the other.
My feelings exactly. If he would have had some real reason that BV is an issue but "I don't like MO?" My brother is my brother but to be honest he has always had champagne taste. He is a CRNA and makes good money now but even when he was making 8 dollars an hour he would buy the best of he possibly could. 50 dollar after shave when he was living in a trailer and barely getting buy type thing. I say this because this type of realtor is the kind that would pray on my Brothers want to be "special" and IMO he did. My brother bought a 2400 sf home on an acre for 330k. Is if nice ? sure but its on flat land looking at a hill behind his home in Farmington and he is excited because a muckity muck from Wally world is next door. All that and 5 bucks would buy me a latte from Starbucks. Thanks for the input I thought this was a big red flag for a realtor that was just into upselling. He is young and does not know how to read a person before he even tries this. I had a Realtors lisc for a few years and have been around the trades all my life. I understand you want the smallest home in an upscale sub if thats where you want to live. My Brother is in for a bit of a surprise because his home is about half built. he bought a pick your home and we will build it. He keeps adding things on and in the end the up charges will mount up and I think he is going to be surprised. Anyway I have found another realtor that has 5 stars and a few hundred reviews that works the Bella Vista Area. I am not locked in so if anyone knows of a good Bella Vista realtor please PM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers