Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 03:59 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times

Advertisements

My lead plan is to find or build a home to move to NWA. Currently fighting some repairs to my home in Plano, and reminded how challenging it is to find good trade and craftsman to do the work and that is much more difficult as one approaches 70 than a decade ago in Houston where I had 30 years of connections to good people I trusted and who were reasonable.

I am leaning toward a new build with a focus on low maintenance new construction. I have confidence in one builder I know. I am thinking about a large one story all brick exterior and long life roof construction, etc. Another option raised by my wife is a condo, where exterior maintenance is taken care of by others from a pretty high monthly maintenance fee. I have searched NWA counties for this option but cant tell if they are just condos or townhomes without an POA to take care of exteririor and some maintenance? I am more familiar with high rises in Houston and Dallas and know there is nothing like that in NWA currently. Can any of you CD experts point me to anything that might fit the bill but not have a property currently listed for sale for me to look over?

Thanks in Advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 08:45 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,379 times
There are a few smaller condo buildings in downtown Fayetteville, and the two "larger" ones are called "The Dickson" and "Legacy Condos". Both are located in the Dickson Street area.

I've heard of "Maison Sequoyah" condos and a few smaller buildings on the south side, too.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:11 PM

Thanks, the largest unit Ive seen thus far is around 2500 sf. Are their larger unit condo's". How do I tell which have some maintenace performed by the POA out of the monthly fees condo owners pay?

I noticed on Table Rock lack area there were mid rise condos or so it seemed. Why none around the lakes in NWA I wonder? Market opportunity? lol

Old 09-21-2017, 06:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Thanks, the largest unit Ive seen thus far is around 2500 sf. Are their larger unit condo's". How do I tell which have some maintenace performed by the POA out of the monthly fees condo owners pay?

I noticed on Table Rock lack area there were mid rise condos or so it seemed. Why none around the lakes in NWA I wonder? Market opportunity? lol
My reasoning on this and that is all it is, my idea. Most people wanting to live in condos are not looking at anything over 2500 sq feet. Usually they are singles or couples. Families are more inclined to want the larger homes and the single family ones. I see what you are saying, but i am not sure there would be a huge demand for 3000 plus sf condos here or anywhere for that matter. A major city might be a little different, yo have a larger market period.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:51 PM

18 posts, read 18,051 times
There are many great locations to build in NWA, whether you want privacy, a lake view, golf course, etc. And depending on your budget, there are some cute townhomes in downtown Bentonville, as well as some in Fayetteville. Just depends on which area suits your fancy more.While our area has had townhomes and condos for many years, there's been a recent resurgence of them and they are becoming more popular now thanks to modern design and eco-friendly features. Some have POA's, while others haven't been established yet and might not end up having one. You might also consider a gated community with a POA, such as Shadow Valley in Rogers. They have some "Garden Homes" that may also fit what you're looking for.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:52 PM

Thanks, do those garden homes shift responsibility for some of the property maintenance to the POA or leave it with the home owners as in a house? As we age, paying for maintence isnt the big issue, finding qualified craftsmen and over seeing the work is more a concern. My budget range is $600k to $1000k. Ideally Id like to land mid range. We are looking for around 4500 sf ideally on one level or with an elevator for going upstairs. Building appeals to me from two standpoints. I get a new property with less immediate maintenance and I can build it with an eye on minimal maintenance choices. I like the options this area offers and need to experience some more of it to land on the best lot location/amenities for us.

Thanks for your advance and comments.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:22 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,379 times
If you can't find a condo in your price range, there are an increasing number of zero-lot townhomes being built around the downtown area, and in the neighborhoods surrounding South School/Prairie/S. Locust and Walker Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers