U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 05:36 AM

69,240 posts, read 79,427,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
"Also note the overwhelming support for medical marijuana, which the state as a whole passed, and will be available early 2018."

It's about time! Now for the rest of the south. And I might add that I am conservative.
I agree about the medical marijuana and yes, I am a conservative as well. It is about time: my only question, will it really ever happen even though we voted it in. There seems to be one hang up on top of another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 09:06 AM

4,748 posts, read 6,144,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree about the medical marijuana and yes, I am a conservative as well. It is about time:
Same here.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:29 AM

2,215 posts, read 753,524 times
Well, hopefully it will happen eventually. Maybe it's just some bumps in the road along the way. The fact that it got so far is remarkable. I've lived in both Colorado, and Washington state, and MM is the first step. Gotta iron out the issues I guess.

A bunch of years ago I thought about moving to your fair state, mostly Hot Springs. But read about lot's more places. Kind of an arm chair vacation. Mount Magazine sounded cool with the large variety of butterflies there, and the story about Petite Jean. Anyway, thought I'd stop by to pay my respects. That's why I'm here (o:.

Hi to the other like minded conservatives out there.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:37 PM

95 posts, read 94,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Well, hopefully it will happen eventually. Maybe it's just some bumps in the road along the way. The fact that it got so far is remarkable. I've lived in both Colorado, and Washington state, and MM is the first step. Gotta iron out the issues I guess.

A bunch of years ago I thought about moving to your fair state, mostly Hot Springs. But read about lot's more places. Kind of an arm chair vacation. Mount Magazine sounded cool with the large variety of butterflies there, and the story about Petite Jean. Anyway, thought I'd stop by to pay my respects. That's why I'm here (o:.

Hi to the other like minded conservatives out there.
.... How did Marijuana hijack this thread.... Interesting how the media portrays conservatives as hating marijuana, however, almost ALL of my conservative friends are in favor of it being decriminalized; some of them for it being legalized as a last resort.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:04 PM

Well it's not really off topic. I originally only quoted the last part of this post which got the ball rolling in this direction for a short while, a sub thread if you will. The topic of tornadoes was also talked about a little bit too, no biggie. And you are correct in that the media likes to pit people against each other.

So here is the original post from Rock Climber on the first page. The rest of us only agreed with RC, and merely pointed out that liberals are not the only ones that vote to legalize MJ:

"Fayetteville is liberal. Look at the link I posted. Fayetteville's politics are the opposite of Bentonville's. It isn't just because of the university, although that is the root of it. Every single ward voted HRC over DJT, in a city of 85,000. Also note the overwhelming support for medical marijuana, which the state as a whole passed, and will be available early 2018."

https://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/20...eral-election/

Old 10-25-2017, 07:48 PM

36 posts, read 19,151 times
After I wrote the post that starts "I think the picture of Fayetteville," I tried to delete because I realized I wasn't sure about what I said: first, I said Clinton got the most votes, and then I said Fayetteville averages two tornadoes a year. Now I realize I was wrong about the election. I later posted the source for the tornado statistic, and I certainly hope that was wrong, too! Apologies. I thought I had deleted, but obviously I didn't.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:50 PM

That's alright Juanii. I'm always making mistakes.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:59 PM

36 posts, read 19,151 times
I read and watch a lot of media and don't notice media portraying conservatives as "hating" weed. I do believe that Jeff Sessions is against it. I'm definitely for the medical if it helps anyone. Legal recreational marijuana is almost certainly inevitable everywhere, eventually. Can it be any worse than alcohol? I doubt it. I just hope it helps the opioid addicted. My social worker friend says it's a gateway, though. So sad. Hard drug addiction is all about depression and hopelessness, I think, and that comes from lack of opportunity, and nothing is changing. Automation and robotics will make that worse, and there's no stopping that, either. People need to get more creative. I think marijuana could help, but will it?

Old 10-25-2017, 08:06 PM

I agree, except with your social worker friend. Here ya go:

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...ical-marijuana

http://www.dispatch.com/news/2017102...juana-is-legal

Old 10-26-2017, 05:36 AM

69,240 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanii View Post
After I wrote the post that starts "I think the picture of Fayetteville," I tried to delete because I realized I wasn't sure about what I said: first, I said Clinton got the most votes, and then I said Fayetteville averages two tornadoes a year. Now I realize I was wrong about the election. I later posted the source for the tornado statistic, and I certainly hope that was wrong, too! Apologies. I thought I had deleted, but obviously I didn't.
certainly don't worry about a miss quote here and there; we all do it. As for the tornadoes, you might have gotten it from a reliable source but there are tornadoes and tornadoes. As for averaging 2 a year that actually touch down and do any damage, I think it is an over statement. It is like the media reporting mass flooding here from time to time. I remember an old friend from NM calling us a few years after we moved here cause she saw Bella Vista's flooding on TV. I had a hard time understanding the severity. Yes, we had a few roads that were partially under water for a few hours and yes, several inches fell pretty quickly but it was over before most of us knew what happened. Within 24 hours the roads were fairly dry. We have great drainage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers