U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-18-2018, 06:14 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,813 posts, read 80,230,085 times
Reputation: 39267

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
ROFL! No there isn't. I've been to Dallas, lived in S. TX, NW LA, and can tell you that the NWA area is probably the least extremist place I've lived. I can approach and speak with any size group of any ethnicities anywhere, and it's not weird or odd or a problem. You try that in Dallas. See how it works out for you.

Now, as to politics...dude...that's nation-wide. You're always going to have that argument...even in the same house.

_____________


The conservatism here is just fine. I have co-workers that voted Hillary and I have co-workers that voted Trump, and we can talk **** to each other just fine without getting loud or rude. Also, you'll see just as many Bernie stickers as you will Rebel Flags, and you know what? Noone gets in fights about it and noone keys anyone's ride over it. People have their beliefs, here, and are just fine.
You are right on and people have to realize, there are few places where someone would choose to live and have any problems with their kids being harassed because of political views unless the kid, him or herself made an issue over their views. OP seems to be making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2018, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Frisco, Tx
433 posts, read 1,351,913 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
ROFL! No there isn't. I've been to Dallas, lived in S. TX, NW LA, and can tell you that the NWA area is probably the least extremist place I've lived. I can approach and speak with any size group of any ethnicities anywhere, and it's not weird or odd or a problem. You try that in Dallas. See how it works out for you.

Now, as to politics...dude...that's nation-wide. You're always going to have that argument...even in the same house.



_____________


The conservatism here is just fine. I have co-workers that voted Hillary and I have co-workers that voted Trump, and we can talk **** to each other just fine without getting loud or rude. Also, you'll see just as many Bernie stickers as you will Rebel Flags, and you know what? Noone gets in fights about it and noone keys anyone's ride over it. People have their beliefs, here, and are just fine.
My family still lives in Shreveport, don't feed me that BS. Do you now live in NWA JWG? I appreciate Nmita's point of view because she at least lives in NWA. I'm good with the out of state people who know no more than me about the area keeping out of this.

Spent the weekend at Queen Wihelmina state park, outside of Mena, Ark, was very nice. So were the people, this post has been misconstrued by a couple of people making an issue about an innocent question.

Last edited by DFWMike; 10-21-2018 at 06:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2018, 08:01 AM
 
Location: NWA/SWMO
2,756 posts, read 2,647,191 times
Reputation: 2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
My family still lives in Shreveport, don't feed me that BS. Do you now live in NWA JWG? I appreciate Nmita's point of view because she at least lives in NWA. I'm good with the out of state people who know no more than me about the area keeping out of this.

Spent the weekend at Queen Wihelmina state park, outside of Mena, Ark, was very nice. So were the people, this post has been misconstrued by a couple of people making an issue about an innocent question.
I work there. I lived there for 3 years and then moved north by about 30 minutes. I spent over a decade in the dump known as Shreveport. My Dad and stepmom still live there. They have even come to accept what it is, but my father is in his 60's and "just can't see moving this late in life...but if I get the right offer on my estate...I'd move in a hurry."

Mena isn't NWA. It's pretty for sure, but NWA starts after the Bobby Hopper. Drive across the state I49 up, and everything changes once you hit the tunnel.

Had amazing experiences in NWA. Racial tension is amazingly low compared to Shreveport. I think that's one of the biggest things I like about the area, aside from its physical beauty. I don't have to be worried about the atmosphere around me and if I'm in the right/wrong part of town at the wrong time of day, here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Frisco, Tx
433 posts, read 1,351,913 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I work there. I lived there for 3 years and then moved north by about 30 minutes. I spent over a decade in the dump known as Shreveport. My Dad and stepmom still live there. They have even come to accept what it is, but my father is in his 60's and "just can't see moving this late in life...but if I get the right offer on my estate...I'd move in a hurry."

Mena isn't NWA. It's pretty for sure, but NWA starts after the Bobby Hopper. Drive across the state I49 up, and everything changes once you hit the tunnel.

Had amazing experiences in NWA. Racial tension is amazingly low compared to Shreveport. I think that's one of the biggest things I like about the area, aside from its physical beauty. I don't have to be worried about the atmosphere around me and if I'm in the right/wrong part of town at the wrong time of day, here.
Well, now that is the best assessment I've heard yet on this topic. Thank You for that, I did meet my wife in Shreveport and know alot of good people there, but wouldn't want to live there again to save my life, 6 years there was enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top