Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 06:46 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,174,179 times

Advertisements

thought it was interesting last night watching the news to learn Bella Vista has had more new housing starts in the past year than any other city in the region. And the average house sells faster than any other. The mayor did add we need more business like restaurants etc. I will add, I don't know if the "more home starts" is based on % or actually starts, but I think it was actually starts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 05:50 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,315,976 times
For some reason that doesn't seem right.

Are there subdivisions being built? Or do you think the amount of individual homes being built was how they calculated their numbers. Do you remember if the number was in the hundreds?

Old 10-14-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
For some reason that doesn't seem right.

Are there subdivisions being built? Or do you think the amount of individual homes being built was how they calculated their numbers. Do you remember if the number was in the hundreds?
I don't. Like most news stories it was very short.I am guessing it will be in the paper either in the next day or so or our local, weekly paper next Wed. I will let you know. Yes, it surprised me as well. I do know we have a lot of new housing starts, but no subdivisions as far as I know. In fact I am not sure there have ever beena true subdivision like tract home we used to see so many of years ago, built in BV. well maybe a few but ot like what you may be thinking of. There have been a few Senior communities.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:05 AM

5newsonline has a video.
50% increase in housing permits over last year.

May not be the same as you saw, didn't see where it was more than other cities in NWA.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:52 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,534,810 times
Doesn't seen right to me either, there are always lots of houses for sale priced under $100/sf here, and I don't think you can build one for that.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:29 PM

340 posts, read 510,027 times
I have no idea about housing permits here. A realtor told my wife that there are fewer homes for sale in HSV right now that in many, many years.

The grand plan behind all of the retirement communities in Arkansas is that people will retire, sell out of their expensive real estate in the big cities, and move here to retire where their dollar will go a lot farther. Since 2008 that has not been a reality since the economy was so bad that people delayed retirement. There has been a big turn around this year.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:23 PM

3,814 posts, read 2,108,863 times
What's the population of Bella Vista now?

Old 10-15-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't. Like most news stories it was very short.I am guessing it will be in the paper either in the next day or so or our local, weekly paper next Wed. I will let you know. Yes, it surprised me as well. I do know we have a lot of new housing starts, but no subdivisions as far as I know. In fact I am not sure there have ever beena true subdivision like tract home we used to see so many of years ago, built in BV. well maybe a few but ot like what you may be thinking of. There have been a few Senior communities.
It was like 146 permits for new builds through September. It just seems like Bentonville or Centerton for starters would have more than that, but what do I know

Rock on Bella Vista

Old 10-15-2017, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
What's the population of Bella Vista now?
about 28,000; I think depending on where you actually get the figures it might be closer to 29,000.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
It was like 146 permits for new builds through September. It just seems like Bentonville or Centerton for starters would have more than that, but what do I know

Rock on Bella Vista
I don't think that is the same report. I am sure, if it is accurate it will be in our Wednesday Vista as it is important to many of us. BTW, someone in the hot tub heard it on Channel 5 as well, but she is an old lady, older than me,, so we could both have it all screwed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers