U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 05:50 AM

70,132 posts, read 80,812,491 times

Advertisements

Aldi's grand opening is this Thursday at 9am. I bet it will be a mob scene. We are going to tackle it on Friday. Will report back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 11:56 AM

1,796 posts, read 595,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Aldi's grand opening is this Thursday at 9am. I bet it will be a mob scene. We are going to tackle it on Friday. Will report back.
ALDI is the BOMB....Our #1 go to grocery store here in SW Miami. 90% to 95% of our grocery budget goes to them, and for years.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
ALDI is the BOMB....Our #1 go to grocery store here in SW Miami. 90% to 95% of our grocery budget goes to them, and for years.
Never heard of them until about 7or so years ago. Now, as I have mentioned, except and a few other things we get the bulk of our groceries there as well.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:40 PM

584 posts, read 536,102 times
i don't mean to hijack this aldi's info thread, but i have recently rediscovered "whole foods" in little rock. since the buyout by amazon, they have much more competitive pricing. my wife says the florist's dept is much improved and cheaper also.

i have seen a few aldi's in my travels, but never been in one. i need to check them out at some point.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:27 PM

20,976 posts, read 26,200,986 times
Quote:
Never heard of them until about 7or so years ago. Now, as I have mentioned, except and a few other things we get the bulk of our groceries there as well.
I've sworn by Aldi for years. Your new store should have the new floor plan, which allows for a lot more inventory. Enjoy it.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
i don't mean to hijack this aldi's info thread, but i have recently rediscovered "whole foods" in little rock. since the buyout by amazon, they have much more competitive pricing. my wife says the florist's dept is much improved and cheaper also.

i have seen a few aldi's in my travels, but never been in one. i need to check them out at some point.
good to hear about Whole foods. Unfortunately our closest one is about 30 miles away. When I want to go truly upscale I use Fresh market.

When you do stop in at Aldi's be prepared for a different experience. The prices are at the lower end. There isn't a large selection though I have heard the newer ones are much better. They are a no frills shopping experience with quality at a lower price. That being said, do not expect the same experience as Whole Foods or Fresh Market.

Will report back after we bite the bullet on Friday and fight what, I am sure will be huge crowds.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:18 AM

584 posts, read 536,102 times
looks like memphis is the closest store/s to me. i will check them out when i go there in december. after looking at their website, it does look like an interesting and economical store to shop at. can't wait, i like an adventure.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:21 PM

1,796 posts, read 595,816 times
They slowly arrived in S Fla 3-4 yrs ago, but we have daughters in N E Orlando, and ALDI has been there easily 12-15 yrs, so on our often trips there we got the hang and made us too happy when they finally made it close to us (Under 2 mls) ours in in a shopping center and was just remodeled/enlarged under 30 days go. Fantastic Job and a lot more inventory.

We also have another being completed 3 mls from us in indirect line with the one we use now, so they will not b taking customers away from this Area, the nice thing is that the new one is a stand alone building, and those ARE even nicer from Day One.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:42 PM

1,021 posts, read 610,197 times
Quote:
good to hear about Whole foods. Unfortunately our closest one is about 30 miles away. When I want to go truly upscale I use Fresh market.

When you do stop in at Aldi's be prepared for a different experience. The prices are at the lower end. There isn't a large selection though I have heard the newer ones are much better. They are a no frills shopping experience with quality at a lower price. That being said, do not expect the same experience as Whole Foods or Fresh Market.

Will report back after we bite the bullet on Friday and fight what, I am sure will be huge crowds.
Drove by today around noon and it was a zoo and a full parking lot.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
Drove by today around noon and it was a zoo and a full parking lot.
that is why I would never have considered going yesterday and think I am probably crazy to go today but the good thing: like Trader Joe's, their employees are well trained so things should move pretty fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers