Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 07:23 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,218,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Just their pay scale is a HUGE joke compare to other companies in the area for the job, with smaller work loads. Can go work for mom and pop company and get paid 10x better then i would have gotten at WM.. that is what their main issue is. Pay roll and it sucks...
Working at the home office is clearly not part of your complaint. Salaried managers at the home office easily pull down well above the area average. Most locals in the northwest arkansas area know that they'll do ok if they work at the home office or go for law enforcement.

hourly folks at home office will make between 15 and 20 per hour. Once they become salaried managers, they are eligible for bonus and restricted stock units and it's not uncommon for managers to bring home atleast $5k after tax in bonus rising to over $100k depending on salary grade. The restricted stock would be an additional ~$5k worth of stock that you can't sell for 3-5 years and the amount of restricted stock rises quickly with salary grade to over ~$20k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 07:25 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,316,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
Granted, $72,000/year won't get you very far in San Diego but it's a pretty good wage in Arkansas.
Housing, gas & utilities are less expensive, everything else is about the same, except some foods are more.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:35 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,899,248 times
He had to be in another state to make that kind wage.. Not Arkansas.

I was T3 NOC.. travel around the world for them to fix their back offices. Did it for 2 years for them at 65k year. Went across the building and got a job with another company doing the same thing for 74k a year. Did it for 6 years, as a single person, then got a family and child so had to get off the road. choices $$ or family...back then it was easy choice, now kinda regret that nice check. But this was like 10 years go when i got off the road.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:49 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,623,714 times
Quote:
He had to be in another state to make that kind wage.. Not Arkansas.

I was T3 NOC.. travel around the world for them to fix their back offices. Did it for 2 years for them at 65k year. Went across the building and got a job with another company doing the same thing for 74k a year. Did it for 6 years, as a single person, then got a family and child so had to get off the road. choices $$ or family...back then it was easy choice, now kinda regret that nice check. But this was like 10 years go when i got off the road.
I'm assuming you're referring to the person I said made $35/hour in sporting goods? Yes, it was another state, Louisiana (and I think LA has lower pay overall). He has worked for Walmart for over 20 years. Still very good pay for what he actually did.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:03 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,699,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
Granted, $72,000/year won't get you very far in San Diego but it's a pretty good wage in Arkansas.

Where I'm from you can live high on the hog for $72,000/year.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
I'm assuming you're referring to the person I said made $35/hour in sporting goods? Yes, it was another state, Louisiana (and I think LA has lower pay overall). He has worked for Walmart for over 20 years. Still very good pay for what he actually did.
yea he had to work 20 years. vs somebody starting at that wage makes him look sad and lonely.

Home office will pay you just enough to get your attention, then after that its just business as normal. Low wages and high demand from their employees. Go to any store and ask to speak to the real store manager, you will learn what they make and you will cry.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:38 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,209,149 times
Quote:
yea he had to work 20 years. vs somebody starting at that wage makes him look sad and lonely.

Home office will pay you just enough to get your attention, then after that its just business as normal. Low wages and high demand from their employees. Go to any store and ask to speak to the real store manager, you will learn what they make and you will cry.
You seem to be comparing the retail stores and how they do business with the home office policies, plus if things are so bad at Walmart why are there so many employees, even in the stores that have been with the company so many years. You obviously have an axe to grind with them and are now venting even if most are disagreeing with you.

Old 05-24-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You seem to be comparing the retail stores and how they do business with the home office policies, plus if things are so bad at Walmart why are there so many employees, even in the stores that have been with the company so many years. You obviously have an axe to grind with them and are now venting even if most are disagreeing with you.
I know the 2 are separate entities. Just had to deal with both of them for 2 years so I seen all the BS that goes on behind the curtain per say. Those that stick with it, more power to them. Some can take the heat and move on, and some can see through the BS and leave the fire pit. I choose to leave the fire pit for better grass. Never look back.

If it wasnt for the home office ,NWA would just be another ghost town of AR. All those vendors are their because of the home office. And that is our biggest weakness. Lack of diversity in the job market that can pay decent and above average salaries.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:52 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,623,714 times
Quote:
I know the 2 are separate entities. Just had to deal with both of them for 2 years so I seen all the BS that goes on behind the curtain per say. Those that stick with it, more power to them. Some can take the heat and move on, and some can see through the BS and leave the fire pit. I choose to leave the fire pit for better grass. Never look back.

If it wasnt for the home office ,NWA would just be another ghost town of AR. All those vendors are their because of the home office. And that is our biggest weakness. Lack of diversity in the job market that can pay decent and above average salaries.
You seem bitter.

Two whole years huh?

Old 05-24-2018, 06:12 PM

490 posts, read 1,256,567 times
Quote:

Good grief, hope you have found happiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers