U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2018, 12:04 PM
 
39,020 posts, read 23,141,190 times
Reputation: 12146

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
First of all, there is no requirement that a CD member be a resident of a certain state in order to participate in that states forum. That's akin to these goofballs who think you can only support a college sports team if you actually attended that school. I have a special attachment to Arkansas and have been an active participant in the Arkansas forum for 3 years running. I don't know everything about the state, but I know enough to provide occasional information and to advise people like the OP that Arkansas is not the place they're looking for when it's more than obvious. Feel free to comb over my previous posts and point out anything that you find to be erroneous in correlation with actual facts about the Natural State. Sorry, but when someone comes on here asking if they can live in a southern state with no AC and if it gets above 80 degrees there that makes me think they're in here forum jumping without any real intention of seriously considering moving to the area. In addition, the OP already had just about everything on her wish list where she already lives. It sounds like she's bored and needs a hobby, not an out of state relocation. The racial thing speaks for itself, and I won't even bother arguing that point further, except to reiterate that I'm tired of people using the term "diversity" as a personal get out of jail free card for their canned racism - against whites especially, as was the case here.

As for Tia, she said that the OP had not returned to the thread and was assuming she was no longer interested in moving to NWA, when in fact the OP HAD returned to the thread and declared just that. I simply pointed out that Tia didn't bother to read the entire thread and instead used her assumption to take a swipe at me for "dissuading" OP.......and I thought THAT was out of line, if you'll forgive me for borrowing your scathing tag.
Participate in any forum that pleases you. I didn't say you weren't allowed. I didn't say much of anything about your comments. I just pointed out that the OP's criteria was 100% valid, as was your criteria when you decided not to move to Arkansas. I didn't think your criticism of her criteria was valid.

As for Tia, she merely echoed what I said. And your response to her was snarky. I do think it was out of line.

 
Old 08-27-2018, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Cambridge, Isanti County, MN
2,682 posts, read 4,236,294 times
Reputation: 3352
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
With trying to flame this discussion.

All the OP was doing was trying to find out from people who live in NWA if her children would be accepted and welcomed as well as to determine if the area fit the other criteria she laid out. That's perfectly legitimate .
Dude, you were the one who came in here swinging with the "out of line" reprimands.

If her children would be accepted and welcomed because of skin color.......like if they got around too many white people they'd automatically break out the hoods and torches and start chasing them.

Grow up, it's 2018! Racists will focus on race, the rest of us will focus on living free.
 
Old 08-27-2018, 12:10 PM
 
39,020 posts, read 23,141,190 times
Reputation: 12146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
I did nothing to flame the discussion, in fact, it was you who first came to this thread to wag your finger at others.

I just called you on it.
Actually, all I did was point out that the criteria for determining where to move is up to the person that wants to move.

As for flaming the discussion, your remark about moving someplace where there were ONLY black people was an inflammatory remark. In my opinion. Maybe I misjudged you.
 
Old 08-27-2018, 12:11 PM
 
39,020 posts, read 23,141,190 times
Reputation: 12146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Dude, you were the one who came in here swinging with the "out of line" reprimands.

If her children would be accepted and welcomed because of skin color.......like if they got around too many white people they'd automatically break out the hoods and torches and start chasing them.

Grow up, it's 2018! Racists will focus on race, the rest of us will focus on living free.
Dude, you swung first. Can you read?????
 
Old 08-27-2018, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,790 posts, read 1,102,445 times
Reputation: 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, all I did was point out that the criteria for determining where to move is up to the person that wants to move.

As for flaming the discussion, your remark about moving someplace where there were ONLY black people was an inflammatory remark. In my opinion. Maybe I misjudged you.
How is that an inflammatory remark? Didn't you just state you'd be perfectly okay with someone having that criteria? Isn't that the EXACT same criteria that OP had but reversed races, but you consider it an inflammatory remark?

Last edited by Hollynla; 08-27-2018 at 01:06 PM..
 
Old 08-27-2018, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Reputation: 38626
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It is different. It's not invalid because it's different. IT IS EVERY BIT AS VALID. And it's not dissimilar. Both were parents looking out for their children, wanting what was best for their children.
sorry, I have to disagree with you on this: I guess we will have to agree to disagree. One is showing her own signs of racism and the other is only wanting to live where they can earn a living.
 
Old 08-27-2018, 01:12 PM
 
39,020 posts, read 23,141,190 times
Reputation: 12146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
How is that an inflammatory remark? Didn't you just state you'd be perfectly okay with someone having that criteria? Isn't that the EXACT same criteria that OP had but reversed races, but you consider it an inflammatory remark?
I don't think it was the EXACT same criteria that the OP had. She just wanted some diversity. I get that diversity is a bad word in some circles, but I don't think it's a bad word at all. I certainly think that a mother is entitled to look out for the best interests of her children, and that was what the OP was doing. And I've already stated maybe I misjudged you.
 
Old 08-27-2018, 01:13 PM
 
39,020 posts, read 23,141,190 times
Reputation: 12146
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sorry, I have to disagree with you on this: I guess we will have to agree to disagree. One is showing her own signs of racism and the other is only wanting to live where they can earn a living.
One is trying to do what's best for her children. And the other is trying to do what's best for his children.

The desire for diversity isn't a sign of racism.
 
Old 08-27-2018, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,790 posts, read 1,102,445 times
Reputation: 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think it was the EXACT same criteria that the OP had. She just wanted some diversity. I get that diversity is a bad word in some circles, but I don't think it's a bad word at all. I certainly think that a mother is entitled to look out for the best interests of her children, and that was what the OP was doing. And I've already stated maybe I misjudged you.
You are incorrect. My example was EXACT. OP said she didn't want to live in a place with only white people. My example was exactly that but races reversed. You will attempt to find any excuse why my statement could've been inflammatory but you're hypocrisy is showing.

Didn't you just post this morning that you'd be perfectly okay with that scenario, now you're referring to it as inflammatory. Amazing!
 
Old 08-27-2018, 01:27 PM
 
39,020 posts, read 23,141,190 times
Reputation: 12146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
You are incorrect. My example was EXACT. OP said she didn't want to live in a place with only white people. My example was exactly that but races reversed. You will attempt to find any excuse why my statement could've been inflammatory but you're hypocrisy is showing.
OP said she wanted diversity. There's nothing racist or wrong with wanting to live in a place with diversity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top