Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 09:26 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It is different. It's not invalid because it's different. IT IS EVERY BIT AS VALID. And it's not dissimilar. Both were parents looking out for their children, wanting what was best for their children.
Out of curiosity, would you be as accepting had someone said they wanted to make sure the place they moved to wasn't all black people, since they had white kids?

Btw: demographics can easily be looked up online.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:35 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Out of curiosity, would you be as accepting had someone said they wanted to make sure the place they moved to wasn't all black people, since they had white kids?

Btw: demographics can easily be looked up online.
Yes, I would. I think it is up to the person moving to decide the criteria for their move. And not to up to anyone else. BTW, the attitudes of people can't be ascertained by looking them up online. Instead, one might post a question in a forum for people actually living somewhere.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Yes, I would. I think it is up to the person moving to decide the criteria for their move. And not to up to anyone else. BTW, the attitudes of people can't be ascertained by looking them up online. Instead, one might post a question in a forum for people actually living somewhere.
I know better than that, if someone posted on any city forum saying they didn't want to live where there were all black people because their kids were white, the post would have been removed and the poster would have been chastised over and over again labeled as a racist and a bigot. You know that too so let's not pretend otherwise.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I know better than that, if someone posted on any city forum saying they didn't want to live where there were all black people because their kids were white, the post would have been removed and the poster would have been chastised over and over again labeled as a racist and a bigot. You know that too so let's not pretend otherwise.
YOU cannot speak for me. YOU don't know me. And I stand by my statement 100%. It is up to the person doing the moving to determine what criteria is important to them. I don't care what the criteria is. If their criteria is optimal viewing of the next solar eclipse, it's valid.

And in this case, the OP only wanted to be assured that her children would be accepted and welcomed. That's all. It's a completely valid concern.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
YOU cannot speak for me. YOU don't know me. And I stand by my statement 100%. It is up to the person doing the moving to determine what criteria is important to them. I don't care what the criteria is. If their criteria is optimal viewing of the next solar eclipse, it's valid.

And in this case, the OP only wanted to be assured that her children would be accepted and welcomed. That's all. It's a completely valid concern.
If you insist, but most people have enough common sense to know better. I'm sure you'd be just as accepting if it were the other way around.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
If you insist, but most people have enough common sense to know better. I'm sure you'd be just as accepting if it were the other way around.
Yes, I'd be just as accepting. Are you done?

Old 08-27-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Yes, I'd be just as accepting. Are you done?
Am I done with what?

Old 08-27-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Am I done with what?
With trying to flame this discussion.

All the OP was doing was trying to find out from people who live in NWA if her children would be accepted and welcomed as well as to determine if the area fit the other criteria she laid out. That's perfectly legitimate .

Old 08-27-2018, 11:39 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
Quote:
That's uncalled for. The OP asked for input from people who live in NWA, regarding criteria that was important to her. YOU don't even live in Arkansas, but felt the need to criticize her criteria. She is entitled to put value on whatever she wants. And her criteria was entirely valid. Just as your criteria was entirely valid when you chose to move somewhere else. Tia was agreeing with me, and your response to her was out of line.
First of all, there is no requirement that a CD member be a resident of a certain state in order to participate in that states forum. That's akin to these goofballs who think you can only support a college sports team if you actually attended that school. I have a special attachment to Arkansas and have been an active participant in the Arkansas forum for 3 years running. I don't know everything about the state, but I know enough to provide occasional information and to advise people like the OP that Arkansas is not the place they're looking for when it's more than obvious. Feel free to comb over my previous posts and point out anything that you find to be erroneous in correlation with actual facts about the Natural State. Sorry, but when someone comes on here asking if they can live in a southern state with no AC and if it gets above 80 degrees there that makes me think they're in here forum jumping without any real intention of seriously considering moving to the area. In addition, the OP already had just about everything on her wish list where she already lives. It sounds like she's bored and needs a hobby, not an out of state relocation. The racial thing speaks for itself, and I won't even bother arguing that point further, except to reiterate that I'm tired of people using the term "diversity" as a personal get out of jail free card for their canned racism - against whites especially, as was the case here.

As for Tia, she said that the OP had not returned to the thread and was assuming she was no longer interested in moving to NWA, when in fact the OP HAD returned to the thread and declared just that. I simply pointed out that Tia didn't bother to read the entire thread and instead used her assumption to take a swipe at me for "dissuading" OP.......and I thought THAT was out of line, if you'll forgive me for borrowing your scathing tag.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
With trying to flame this discussion.

All the OP was doing was trying to find out from people who live in NWA if her children would be accepted and welcomed as well as to determine if the area fit the other criteria she laid out. That's perfectly legitimate .
I did nothing to flame the discussion, in fact, it was you who first came to this thread to wag your finger at others.

I just called you on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers