U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 03:50 PM

69,289 posts, read 79,469,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Has anyone else noticed that even ceramic tile floors are becoming less common and less desirable. Now it's the those waterproof vinyl planks, even in bathrooms. I remember when ceramic was "the" thing to have in kitchen and bathrooms and now people are removing it and replacing it with this newer floor.

My entire house is wood floor. It's the old style wide plank wood floors too, even in the bathrooms. It's a log home, everything, and I do mean everything, is wood. Walls, ceilings, floors, etc. We have a HUGE area rug in the living room to soften things up, and lots of rugs in the bedrooms. I prefer carpet at least in the bedrooms, mostly for the softness on the feet. We will probably remove the wood floor from the bathrooms and replace with the vinyl planks.
We too prefer carpet or area rugs in our bedroom and yes, we have an area rug in the living room. I remember when tile was the trendy thing. As you say, now it is bare floors, either laminent (spelling) or honest real wood. I am thinking when I responded to some of the posters, more about re-sale than what I actually prefer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 05:03 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,104,283 times
I'm also noticing a huge trend in decorating everything in GREY! Even the fake wood floors (vinyl planks) are selling a lot of the grey wood. I have lots of friends sharing remodel pics and the walls are grey, the floors are grey. It looks like a hospital, it's so cold and non-homey. I can barely tell if they painted the drywall since it's the color of bare drywall.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
I'm also noticing a huge trend in decorating everything in GREY! Even the fake wood floors (vinyl planks) are selling a lot of the grey wood. I have lots of friends sharing remodel pics and the walls are grey, the floors are grey. It looks like a hospital, it's so cold and non-homey. I can barely tell if they painted the drywall since it's the color of bare drywall.
not for me thank you. I am not a person who loves gray. A little goes a long way in my mind. The only positive thing about gray, it is easy to decorate around.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:58 AM

962 posts, read 557,604 times
Don't you know, Gray is the new Beige. Actually it isn't new and has been trending for quite a few years now.

Our house in SD is painted the same color as our NWA home, Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray. Boring I know but we love it and just got tired of the golds and beiges out there. It is gray but with a hint of brown so goes well with everything.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:59 AM

10,546 posts, read 7,498,014 times
Quote:
You can usually tell a flip house because it's gray, gray, gray, including the floors, and the kitchen and baths all have white cabinets with white/gray countertops. Often wide gray vinyl floor planks are used on the bathroom floors and walls.
IMO very boring, sterile, and depressing. I don't even like to visit such houses, can't even imagine living in one.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:01 AM

10,546 posts, read 7,498,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
Don't you know, Gray is the new Beige. Actually it isn't new and has been trending for quite a few years now.

Our house in SD is painted the same color as our NWA home, Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray. Boring I know but we love it and just got tired of the golds and beiges out there. It is gray but with a hint of brown so goes well with everything.
Warm (or even cool) gray walls are fine; it's the unremitting gray/white on every inch of surface that doesn't work.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Warm (or even cool) gray walls are fine; it's the unremitting gray/white on every inch of surface that doesn't work.
I agree. We put a light oak hardwood floors in our house here to keep it light and bright and paid the extra for white ceilings although a lot of our neighbors went with gray walls AND gray ceilings. No, no no.

The fact that the builder was even willing to paint the walls and the trim a color of your choice was pretty amazing because on the west coast you get white everything period.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
I agree. We put a light oak hardwood floors in our house here to keep it light and bright and paid the extra for white ceilings although a lot of our neighbors went with gray walls AND gray ceilings. No, no no.

The fact that the builder was even willing to paint the walls and the trim a color of your choice was pretty amazing because on the west coast you get white everything period.
Our external is painted grey and that is fine, especially if you choose a nice accent color like blue or maroon. It is all grey inside including floors that are just not us.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:03 PM

So where are you in your thinking gunslinger256?

Old 09-06-2018, 09:59 PM

2,484 posts, read 1,710,061 times
We want to move to a smaller house, she wants less land for me to mow, but I want more land for less neighbors and less noise.

I really like my current house but it already feels too big.

We looked at a new development in Lowell for smaller homes on smaller lots and the proximity of the neighbors has me concerned about barking dogs, cars parked everywhere, arguments etc etc

We just learned the development is all electric so neither of us are very warm to it now.

I'd like to buy an older house and fix while we we live in the old house, but I doubt I have the energy these days for a project like that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or