U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2018, 09:38 PM
 
Location: Nevada
1,946 posts, read 5,782,783 times
Reputation: 1093

Advertisements

Hi,

How is the quality of doctors, hospitals. Healthcare overall in The Fayetteville Ar area compared to larger surrounding cities or compared to other cities you lived in?

If one needs a specialist such as neurology, Gastroenterologist. Does Fayetteville have a lot to offer medically?

Iím in Las Vegas & the medical care is horrible.

Are the doctor offices able to Keep up with the Fayetteville population growth?

Thank you

Have a great night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2018, 06:02 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,814 posts, read 80,248,266 times
Reputation: 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Hi,

How is the quality of doctors, hospitals. Healthcare overall in The Fayetteville Ar area compared to larger surrounding cities or compared to other cities you lived in?

If one needs a specialist such as neurology, Gastroenterologist. Does Fayetteville have a lot to offer medically?

Iím in Las Vegas & the medical care is horrible.

Are the doctor offices able to Keep up with the Fayetteville population growth?

Thank you

Have a great night
Gee, the medical care in Vegas used to be seen as darn good. I guess something has changed. Anyway, here in NWA we have 4 nice sized hospitals plus now we have a Children's hospital center. Ar children's hospital is highly rated. As for specialist, yes, we have just about all the ones you would need including a great Cancer center. Is the medical care the same as you might get in say. Los Angeles or Chicago? No, but it is certainly better than what we had in Albuquerque. that is for sure. WE have been here over 10 years now and never had a concern about the care we are getting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2018, 06:54 AM
Status: "watching out" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: Eastern Tennessee
2,352 posts, read 1,576,084 times
Reputation: 6023
Fayetteville is well known to have excellent medical care.
The University of Arkansas has a Family Medicine residency program there and many of the practicing physicians participate in mentoring the residents and stay very current on best medical practice.
Washington Regional Medical Center is a modern, well equipped hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2018, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,814 posts, read 80,248,266 times
Reputation: 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
Fayetteville is well known to have excellent medical care.
The University of Arkansas has a Family Medicine residency program there and many of the practicing physicians participate in mentoring the residents and stay very current on best medical practice.
Washington Regional Medical Center is a modern, well equipped hospital.
As is Mercy in Rogers. I agree there are some outstanding health facilities within a few miles, which ever direction you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 08:13 AM
 
Location: OKLAHOMA
1,778 posts, read 3,504,957 times
Reputation: 927
Very good! Been through AML with my father and the doctors were excellent. My mother's cancer too. With her I found an agency that drove her for 7 weeks five days a week for her treatments. Can't tell you how much of a blessings that was for me (I live 3 1/2 hours away. I'd say you'll have no problems finding the best medical care around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Cambridge, Isanti County, MN
2,731 posts, read 4,288,353 times
Reputation: 3429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
I’m in Las Vegas & the medical care is horrible.
Sorry, but this is hard to believe. Vegas is one of, if not THE fastest growing metro in the U.S., with a CSA population of 2.5 million people. If you can't find good medical care there I sure wouldn't be enthused about getting it in a metro of only 500,000, although NWA definitely has more than adequate medical facilities. I interviewed at both Northwest in Bentonville and Washington Regional in Fayetteville and was impressed with both setups, but especially Washington's. They offer just about any medical service, are growing exponentially, and their campus is absolutely beautiful. They even have an outpatient imaging facility now called Plaza Imaging Center.....it's right next to the hospital and offers the convenience of getting testing done without having to go into the main hospital, which can be stressful due to parking and finding your way around. I applied to run the CT machine there, but couldn't take the job because the pay was just too low for our big family to survive on. I would have been proud to work there, though.

As others have mentioned, Arkansas Childrens recently opened a campus in Springdale. This is significant not only in that Childrens is a top notch organization, but because getting a childrens hospital really signals the arrival of a metropolitan area medically. Arkansas Childrens is a major center for pediatric heart transplants in North America and was also the hospital (the main campus in Little Rock) that treated one of only three known survivors of the horrible brain eating amoeba known as Naegleria Fowleri. That is a pretty doggone good pedigree (sorry....just had to).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,814 posts, read 80,248,266 times
Reputation: 39267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Sorry, but this is hard to believe. Vegas is one of, if not THE fastest growing metro in the U.S., with a CSA population of 2.5 million people. If you can't find good medical care there I sure wouldn't be enthused about getting it in a metro of only 500,000, although NWA definitely has more than adequate medical facilities. I interviewed at both Northwest in Bentonville and Washington Regional in Fayetteville and was impressed with both setups, but especially Washington's. They offer just about any medical service, are growing exponentially, and their campus is absolutely beautiful. They even have an outpatient imaging facility now called Plaza Imaging Center.....it's right next to the hospital and offers the convenience of getting testing done without having to go into the main hospital, which can be stressful due to parking and finding your way around. I applied to run the CT machine there, but couldn't take the job because the pay was just too low for our big family to survive on. I would have been proud to work there, though.

As others have mentioned, Arkansas Childrens recently opened a campus in Springdale. This is significant not only in that Childrens is a top notch organization, but because getting a childrens hospital really signals the arrival of a metropolitan area medically. Arkansas Childrens is a major center for pediatric heart transplants in North America and was also the hospital (the main campus in Little Rock) that treated one of only three known survivors of the horrible brain eating amoeba known as Naegleria Fowleri. That is a pretty doggone good pedigree (sorry....just had to).
I was surprised to hear someone thought Vegas had poor medical care.. When we still lived in the DC area in the late 80s my husbands cardiologist, when we thought we might settle in Las Vegas assured us the medical care was outstanding there. Our doctors in Dallas told us the same a out 15 years ago. I doubt it could have gone down hill that fast? The poster must have had a bad experience and is judging all the care based on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Cambridge, Isanti County, MN
2,731 posts, read 4,288,353 times
Reputation: 3429
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I doubt it could have gone down hill that fast? The poster must have had a bad experience and is judging all the care based on that.
That’s exactly what I thought, too. I’m trying to give OP benefit of the doubt here, but between that and their starting multiple threads (followed by minimal participation) to inquire about the area it seems they’re kinda leaning trollish. I’d like to see something a little more concrete in correlation with their NWA aspirations.

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 09-12-2018 at 02:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Nevada
1,946 posts, read 5,782,783 times
Reputation: 1093
Default My apologies

So sorry everyone. I apologize for the many posts & lack of participation. I donít like using it as an excuse but Iím battling multiple health issues unfortunately. My main problem is neurological. I prefer the phone. My story is a long one that I get depressed talking about. I like to not think of my issues.
I had brain surgery back in 2005 for seizures & a brain hemorrhage caused by something called ď cavernous angiomaĒ. Long story short the brain surgery required removal of part of my right temporal lobe. That left me with all kinds of neurological challenges. Such as memory issues, massive headaches , anxiety, grammar issues. I basically lost a lot. Last year I had a bad reaction to anti seizure medications &
Ended up hospitalized & now battling chronic pancreatitis on top of my seizures.
I often forget quickly what I write on here. So again sorry for the multiple threads. My wife also uses this same account which I guess makes things more confusing. Iím permanently disabled.
From my experience with both neurological & pancreas issues I had very little luck in Las Vegas. Iím not saying Las Vegas is the worst place for medical. But itís not good in my opinion. I just saw others mention the poor medical here in the Idaho threads.

We have two teenagers. We do want out of Nevada. We read good things about Fayetteville, but itís tough to judge an area by an internet search.

Currently we are looking at multiple cities & states. Top quality medical, good schools, low crime & cost of living is very important. I will start one single thread soon to make things less complicated.

Iím actually not feeling well today. Was just in the hospital last week for a seizure.

I am glad to hear that NW Arkansas has good medical access.

Sorry again everyone.

Have a safe & great night
Thank you
( excuse my grammar, since surgery writing is a huge challenge. I talk much better than I can write.)



QUOTE=Tyryztoll;53066487]Thatís exactly what I thought, too. Iím trying to give OP benefit of the doubt here, but between that and their starting multiple threads (followed by minimal participation) to inquire about the area it seems theyíre kinda leaning trollish. Iíd like to see something a little more concrete in correlation with their NWA aspirations.[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Cambridge, Isanti County, MN
2,731 posts, read 4,288,353 times
Reputation: 3429
OP, thanks for the clarity. I apologize for the hastiness in analyzing your posts, it's just that we've had a ton of trolls roll through this forum and so some of us are kinda weary over it. Don't feel like you have to start another thread with everything in it, as this most recent post provided us with good info in correlation with your situation and I would advise just rolling with this particular thread now that we know more about you.


So we know about your medical situation, but why was it that you wanted out of Nevada and what brought you to consider NWA? As I said, NWA has very adequate medical facilities, but your medical issues seem to indicate you might want to be in or near a major metropolitan area that can provide the advanced, specialized care you require, which is why I was kinda puzzled when you said Vegas medical care was horrible. I highly doubt you will find anything in NWA that can exceed the specialized medical care provided in one of the nations fastest growing metropolitan areas. I would check into that, because the last thing you wanna do is move somewhere and then wind up having to go out of town and/or state for your medical needs. Again, the hospitals in NWA are progressing at an impressive rate and may even be able to accommodate you as of this writing, but definitely check it out before making any relocation decisions.


BTW, I don't actually live in Arkansas, but I'm very fond of the state having spent a good amount of time there and enjoy participating in this forum with many of the folks who are locals. I like to think of myself as a "spiritual Arkansan". Just so you know.

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 09-12-2018 at 06:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top