U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-18-2018, 09:53 PM
 
16 posts, read 5,870 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

As a potential buyer this makes me wonder if we should maybe consider a different community. The lack of POA concern makes me wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2018, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
1,027 posts, read 275,843 times
Reputation: 2777
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNFBW View Post
As a potential buyer this makes me wonder if we should maybe consider a different community. The lack of POA concern makes me wonder.
Yeah, the poa is the only local government and they are the ones who sold it to this new owner who I believe is doing this burning intentionally based on my observations. I think lawsuits are inevitable if this crap continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2018, 10:12 PM
 
16 posts, read 5,870 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Yeah, the poa is the only local government and they are the ones who sold it to this new owner who I believe is doing this burning intentionally based on my observations. I think lawsuits are inevitable if this crap continues.
I was under the impression that BV was kind of split between a POA and a small city government, but the POA is on the hook for the stump dump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2018, 05:21 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
70,234 posts, read 80,947,622 times
Reputation: 39793
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNFBW View Post
I was under the impression that BV was kind of split between a POA and a small city government, but the POA is on the hook for the stump dump.
I would suggest you talk to the city and POA before you make a decision. There are people who just plain do not like POA and do not understand what they do for the community. I think you are putting to much into what they have to say. If nothing else, pick up a copy of the weekly paper: Just Wed there was an article about the stump dump. My understanding: it is permanently closed.

I am always amazed at people who knock something without finding out the truth. this is why there are community meetings, a weekly newspaper and other sources. These are the same people who do not always vote in local elections, do not attend meeting or candidate nights and do not support the local businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2018, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
1,027 posts, read 275,843 times
Reputation: 2777
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would suggest you talk to the city and POA before you make a decision. There are people who just plain do not like POA and do not understand what they do for the community. I think you are putting to much into what they have to say. If nothing else, pick up a copy of the weekly paper: Just Wed there was an article about the stump dump. My understanding: it is permanently closed.

I am always amazed at people who knock something without finding out the truth. this is why there are community meetings, a weekly newspaper and other sources. These are the same people who do not always vote in local elections, do not attend meeting or candidate nights and do not support the local businesses.

AGAIN - The stump dump has been closed for quite some time, yes. The contents under ground are being burned sporatically, and when this is happening the entire area reeks of a terrible smell. This obviously isn't a problem for you because you don't live near it, but it is a big problem for those who do. I haven't had any problem with the poa until this issue started and they have refused to do anything about it since they sold it last summer. I think there are lots of toxic chemicals and waste being burned and find it very irresponsible of them to sell it to some guy who looks to me like he is just trying to dispose of it through burning it off. The situation is a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2018, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
1,027 posts, read 275,843 times
Reputation: 2777
It reeks like a stinky gym sock on fire outside tonight. I can't believe this beautiful, forested area that I moved to stinks worse than New York City. F me, someone needs to get sued into doing something, this is beyond ridiculous. I'm seriously considering going door to door gathering up participants for a class action lawsuit against the current property owner and the POA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2018, 08:47 PM
 
16 posts, read 5,870 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would suggest you talk to the city and POA before you make a decision. There are people who just plain do not like POA and do not understand what they do for the community. I think you are putting to much into what they have to say. If nothing else, pick up a copy of the weekly paper: Just Wed there was an article about the stump dump. My understanding: it is permanently closed.

I am always amazed at people who knock something without finding out the truth. this is why there are community meetings, a weekly newspaper and other sources. These are the same people who do not always vote in local elections, do not attend meeting or candidate nights and do not support the local businesses.
All I said was that the community is governed by a city council and the POA and that the stump dump is/was managed by the POA. Not making a decision, just stating a fact. Permanently closed or not, the POA bares some responsibility. There have been dump fires across the US that have burned for 10+ years.

Not knocking the POA/city, just trying to understand the structure. If I invest 300K in a home I want to know how the community is being managed and what I am paying for. (Living 1000+ miles away I'm doing my best reading papers, internet posts and emails to make the best possible decision)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2018, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
70,234 posts, read 80,947,622 times
Reputation: 39793
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNFBW View Post
All I said was that the community is governed by a city council and the POA and that the stump dump is/was managed by the POA. Not making a decision, just stating a fact. Permanently closed or not, the POA bares some responsibility. There have been dump fires across the US that have burned for 10+ years.

Not knocking the POA/city, just trying to understand the structure. If I invest 300K in a home I want to know how the community is being managed and what I am paying for. (Living 1000+ miles away I'm doing my best reading papers, internet posts and emails to make the best possible decision)
I totally agree with you and was not referring to you at all, in my comments. You are right about POA and the stump pump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2018, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
1,027 posts, read 275,843 times
Reputation: 2777
Just a few days ago there was an air quality warning put out due to this stump dump fire. The new owner and the poa need to get their asses sued into doing something. It has really reeked lately and I'm a mile away from it, so their half mile radius is way too conservative. This is not only a big concern for people who live here off Trafalger but all the wildlife.

https://5newsonline.com/2018/12/12/s...ta-stump-dump/

Last edited by duke944; 12-16-2018 at 05:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2018, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
70,234 posts, read 80,947,622 times
Reputation: 39793
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Just a few days ago there was an air quality warning put out due to this stump dump fire. The new owner and the poa need to get their asses sued into doing something. It has really reeked lately and I'm a mile away from it, so their half mile radius is way too conservative. This is not only a big concern for people who live here off Trafalger but all the wildlife.

https://5newsonline.com/2018/12/12/s...ta-stump-dump/
It is a huge concern right now: even on the 6pm news last night. In the weekend paper 2 experts did say, when tested a few days ago the air quality was not in the unhealthy cata. at that time. It seems to change everyday. I imagine those most affected. living on the east side did attend the city meeting last night.. You did I would think. I am glad we are living on the west side of town. Like most people,, when we purchased out house we looked at homes on the east and the west side. Our second favorite happened to be on the east side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top