Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2018, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 687 times

Advertisements

We are moving out of the insanity of California in early 2019. Looking at NorthWest Arkansas as a possible home. We home school three kids (more like unschool) We try to be active with mountain biking, kayaking, climbing and some ballet thrown in. Does anyone have info on the home school community, support groups, co-ops,etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 01:58 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,364,058 times
Info on homeschooling in AR.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfam adventure View Post
We are moving out of the insanity of California in early 2019. Looking at NorthWest Arkansas as a possible home. We home school three kids (more like unschool) We try to be active with mountain biking, kayaking, climbing and some ballet thrown in. Does anyone have info on the home school community, support groups, co-ops,etc?
I don't have the information but I do know there is a lot of home schooling here, as well as kids doing self computer schooling. The gal who cleans our house once a month has a son that is involved in computer schooling and is doing well according to her. i know they do have a social group as well and there are so many activities for kids in NWA it would not be hard to have kids involved. Our family life minister at our church has twins that are home schooled. go to the sight Gemstone suggested.

BTW: we are transplants from Ca and we have never regretted getting the heck out of the state.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:11 PM

231 posts, read 381,456 times
I have known and know several families that home-school. I know they are all very active in the general public activities through something for home schooling. Never really asked since I am not in a position to educate my kids in that fashion.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaple4 View Post
I have known and know several families that home-school. I know they are all very active in the general public activities through something for home schooling. Never really asked since I am not in a position to educate my kids in that fashion.
I hope you mean either your kids are grown or you have none and not, you do not believe in educating your kids?

Old 10-04-2018, 06:24 AM

231 posts, read 381,456 times
Ha, meant I am unable to educate my children through a homeschooling curriculum. Public schools for my kids. One complaint I have heard from all of those who have school has been about taxes/funding. The tax $ do not follow the kid unless they are in a public system. So, you have to pay taxes to educate other people's kids then pay for all the stuff to educate your kids. I am sure there are grants or something to help but that is a complaint I hear.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaple4 View Post
Ha, meant I am unable to educate my children through a homeschooling curriculum. Public schools for my kids. One complaint I have heard from all of those who have school has been about taxes/funding. The tax $ do not follow the kid unless they are in a public system. So, you have to pay taxes to educate other people's kids then pay for all the stuff to educate your kids. I am sure there are grants or something to help but that is a complaint I hear.
Pretty much the same with our kids, it was private schools or public. But as for the kids who do not go to public school and families are still paying taxes to support other kids who do, isn't that the same argument people make who hove no kids or are seniors and have no kids in school? I do see your side of it and have heard the argument for years.

I am just glad you don't think your kids should not be educated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
View detailed profiles of: