U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Kingston, Arkansas is a great town
Yes 1 33.33%
No 1 33.33%
No way, stay away 1 33.33%
All are welcomed! Come here right away!! 2 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM

73 posts, read 31,889 times

Advertisements

I am interested in getting information about the town of Kingston, AR.

What is it like there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:23 AM

1,810 posts, read 1,121,665 times
Kingston is a very very TINY town. If you blink, you'll miss it. It's mostly a farming community.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM

69,561 posts, read 79,869,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf of Aden View Post
I am interested in getting information about the town of Kingston, AR.

What is it like there?
Never even heard of it. I wonder why you picked that particular town? There are many small town of just a few hundred residence spread all over the state

Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

2,695 posts, read 4,262,398 times
Posts like this just reek of trolling. No information provided about the OP or reason given for their inquiry whatsoever.....just a completely random question and an attached poll about an ultra tiny community out in the middle of the Ozarks?

Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Posts like this just reek of trolling. No information provided about the OP or reason given for their inquiry whatsoever.....just a completely random question and an attached poll about an ultra tiny community out in the middle of the Ozarks?
If I would like to know more about a small town then that’s my business. Is there a specific criterion I must pass through YOU before I ask such a question? How many Internet forum do YOU know about that are specific to Northwest Arkansas? That’s why I’m here.
Be kind, offer information that supports my question, or just go away!
I serve my truth tea boiling!

Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Kingston is a very very TINY town. If you blink, you'll miss it. It's mostly a farming community.
What are the people like? The “downtown “ area is quite quaint but no real stores. Thank you for the information

Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM

Quote:
What are the people like? The “downtown “ area is quite quaint but no real stores. Thank you for the information
They are no different than most small town Arkansans. Just small town living, many farmers and many who know how to do without . Some were depending on the local well hose to fill water tanks last winter as the drought was pretty bad. The downtown area as you call it, (not really downtown) is a tiny square of old buildings that are mostly little locally owned shops and an Anstaff bank. The biggest downside to living in Kingston is that you're pretty far from a town to do basic shopping like groceries. Over an hour away. I live about 40 minutes from Kingston and pass through it when I'm heading to NWA.

Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM

10,626 posts, read 11,719,036 times
Kingston is an unincorporated community in northeast Madison County, Arkansas, United States. It is located at the intersection of Arkansas highways 21 and 74.The community is located in the Kings River valley, the stream flows past just to the west of the town.Kingston was platted in 1853 by King Johnson, and named for him.

Pretty much everyone who lives there was born there. They don't take kindly to outsiders. It is a beautiful area though.

Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Kingston is an unincorporated community in northeast Madison County, Arkansas, United States. It is located at the intersection of Arkansas highways 21 and 74.The community is located in the Kings River valley, the stream flows past just to the west of the town.Kingston was platted in 1853 by King Johnson, and named for him.

Pretty much everyone who lives there was born there. They don't take kindly to outsiders. It is a beautiful area though.
Do they truly not like those that aren’t from there?

Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Do they truly not like those that aren’t from there?
I would disagree with Jim's comment about outsiders. There are some outsiders and it's fine by most. I know some who live there and they weren't born there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or