U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 12:40 PM

2,524 posts, read 1,758,881 times

Advertisements

not sure if bullying applies, but my son came across 2 boys in middle school who were problematic. They got detention a few times and finally an ultimatum that they would get kicked out of the school which they ultimately did.

The problem was they came to our charter school because they were kicked out of their old school and I imagine they would eventually drop out and become criminals.

The problems went away once he transferred to a higher performing school where kids get kicked out if they don't stay above a C average and everybody must apply to a college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 02:50 PM

2,121 posts, read 1,497,082 times
So you're saying, if you're a small kid that get's pushed around by bigger classmates, he/she should just "tough it out"? I don't think so...

Old 12-03-2018, 05:56 PM

1,819 posts, read 1,135,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
So you're saying, if you're a small kid that get's pushed around by bigger classmates, he/she should just "tough it out"? I don't think so...
The problem is that these days, everything is labeled as bullying. The scenario you just named is probably what most older people consider bullying, but in today's age, it's anything you can think of that affected a child in a negative way. Kids have to deal with lots of situations in school with other students. How often do you really think it's a big kids pushing around a little kid? I would say a tiny fraction of "bullying" incidents. Growing up, kids learn a lot of life, and at times it's tough lessons. Today's helicopter parents don't want their sweet angels to ever get their feeling hurt. Life isn't always fairies and rainbows. Now if a child is truly physically assaulted in a way that causes injuries, it should be reported, but that doesn't happen often. A pushing match or a few fists thrown usually handles the situation on it's own and it's done with.

Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM

5,556 posts, read 5,244,729 times
The problem is that these days, everything is labeled as bullying. The scenario you just named is probably what most older people consider bullying, but in today's age, it's anything you can think of that affected a child in a negative way. Kids have to deal with lots of situations in school with other students. How often do you really think it's a big kids pushing around a little kid? I would say a tiny fraction of "bullying" incidents. Growing up, kids learn a lot of life, and at times it's tough lessons. Today's helicopter parents don't want their sweet angels to ever get their feeling hurt. Life isn't always fairies and rainbows. Now if a child is truly physically assaulted in a way that causes injuries, it should be reported, but that doesn't happen often. A pushing match or a few fists thrown usually handles the situation on it's own and it's done with.

I agree, Hollynla. These loony-tunes that shoot up schools are not the norm. It just seems like it. Kids need to get "turtle backs" and let a lot of the nonsense just roll off their backs. It'll go easier that way. Once you pick a fight you're up a creek without a decent wooden or aluminum paddle.

Old Today, 06:54 AM

69,774 posts, read 80,179,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

I agree, Hollynla. These loony-tunes that shoot up schools are not the norm. It just seems like it. Kids need to get "turtle backs" and let a lot of the nonsense just roll off their backs. It'll go easier that way. Once you pick a fight you're up a creek without a decent wooden or aluminum paddle.
so true. I have to wonder if the OP posted just to see what kind of respond he/she would get. Obviously whe isn't really interested in moving to NWA,.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or