U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-28-2018, 12:01 PM
 
2 posts, read 428 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I currently live in Kansas, but I'm looking at moving to the Fayetteville area for various reasons. Where I currently am located we have a huge problem with bullies and our schools do not handle it well at all. We live in what many people consider a fantastic Towne with very low crime rates and even that towns close and the City near us seem to be having issues as well. so is wanting insight from parents that may have direct experience. If you have specific examples that would be excellent. Just as a point of reference some of the issues we deal with here is kids being physically assaulted and there aren't repercussions. Kids reporting incidents of bullying and then having to confront the bullies face to face which just makes the situation worse and these situations have lead to multiple suicides of the young people in our community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-28-2018, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,774 posts, read 80,179,990 times
Reputation: 39195
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanderegg View Post
I currently live in Kansas, but I'm looking at moving to the Fayetteville area for various reasons. Where I currently am located we have a huge problem with bullies and our schools do not handle it well at all. We live in what many people consider a fantastic Towne with very low crime rates and even that towns close and the City near us seem to be having issues as well. so is wanting insight from parents that may have direct experience. If you have specific examples that would be excellent. Just as a point of reference some of the issues we deal with here is kids being physically assaulted and there aren't repercussions. Kids reporting incidents of bullying and then having to confront the bullies face to face which just makes the situation worse and these situations have lead to multiple suicides of the young people in our community.
By multiple do you mean a couple a year, one a week or on rare occasions? I am not sure there is an answer to your question as bullying means something different to each of us.

I would be more concerned about trying to find a place to live wiht a pitt bull than how Fayetteville handles bullying. Do you have a young child that has been bullied? Not only has bulling gotten out of hand, kids sare are often not taught how to handle the problem. I believe we all grew up with bullying from both sides and we survive. I wish we knew why it has gotten so out of hand? Even in adult life it is out of hand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2018, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,774 posts, read 80,179,990 times
Reputation: 39195
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanderegg View Post
I currently live in Kansas, but I'm looking at moving to the Fayetteville area for various reasons. Where I currently am located we have a huge problem with bullies and our schools do not handle it well at all. We live in what many people consider a fantastic Towne with very low crime rates and even that towns close and the City near us seem to be having issues as well. so is wanting insight from parents that may have direct experience. If you have specific examples that would be excellent. Just as a point of reference some of the issues we deal with here is kids being physically assaulted and there aren't repercussions. Kids reporting incidents of bullying and then having to confront the bullies face to face which just makes the situation worse and these situations have lead to multiple suicides of the young people in our community.
What makes me think you are TROLLING? If you were for real you would answer the questions asked you yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2018, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Cambridge, Isanti County, MN
2,730 posts, read 4,283,937 times
Reputation: 3423
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What makes me think you are TROLLING? If you were for real you would answer the questions asked you yesterday.
Yep. Their OP makes little sense. Like there's a place that exists with no bullying and where pit bulls (their other post in the NC forum) are adored universally?

We'll get a mod in here someday........we hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2018, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,774 posts, read 80,179,990 times
Reputation: 39195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Yep. Their OP makes little sense. Like there's a place that exists with no bullying and where pit bulls (their other post in the NC forum) are adored universally?

We'll get a mod in here someday........we hope.
oh how I miss Sam She was so good and always on the ball, plus very helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2018, 12:20 PM
 
Location: Cambridge, Isanti County, MN
2,730 posts, read 4,283,937 times
Reputation: 3423
Maybe the OP is legit, maybe they aren't.......but these posts that contain no real background and vague referencing drive me nuts. First, OP just says they're in Kansas - nowhere specific. No indication of their personal situation. So there's bullying in your schools - is it your child? A friend's child? Are you worried it's going to happen to your child? DO YOU EVEN HAVE CHILDREN (because not even that was made clear in the OP)? And what are these face to face encounters you speak of? Was there a specific incident? Who committed suicide and when?

Same with the pit bull post in the other forum. NC sounds fantastic! Really? How so? You need insight as to living in Durham with pit bulls. What is it you want to know? Breed restrictions, bans, individual opinions of the breed? Give the forum participants something to respond to.

Sorry, I know I'll probably get tagged for this, but whatever. I'm just repeating what I've seen mods in the other forums ask for posts like this one. I fully realize I have no authority to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2018, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,819 posts, read 1,135,528 times
Reputation: 3604
What exactly is bullying these days? When I was younger ,it was someone who tried to pick a fight with you but didn't really expect anything in return until they got punched one time and then it was over.

Kids can be cruel. I don't think it's happens at any specific school or town, just in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2018, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,774 posts, read 80,179,990 times
Reputation: 39195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
What exactly is bullying these days? When I was younger ,it was someone who tried to pick a fight with you but didn't really expect anything in return until they got punched one time and then it was over.

Kids can be cruel. I don't think it's happens at any specific school or town, just in general.
I realize bullying is much worse than it used to be but I also realize many of today's kids are just thin skinned
with parents that baby them too much. I think if we look back on our lives when we were in school almost everyone of us was bullied by someone or a group and we probably did some bullying as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2018, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,819 posts, read 1,135,528 times
Reputation: 3604
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I realize bullying is much worse than it used to be but I also realize many of today's kids are just thin skinned
with parents that baby them too much. I think if we look back on our lives when we were in school almost everyone of us was bullied by someone or a group and we probably did some bullying as well.
Yes, while I didn't want to say that since it's so un-PC (but since when am I ever worried about PC), too many parents are raising pansies these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2018, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,774 posts, read 80,179,990 times
Reputation: 39195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Yes, while I didn't want to say that since it's so un-PC (but since when am I ever worried about PC), too many parents are raising pansies these days.
Thank God, for the most part our 2 granddaughters are raising their kids to know how to take care of themselves and somewhat in an old fashion way. They know mom and dad are boss, they are to obey rules, be polite and to fight their own battles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top