U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 01:15 PM

103 posts, read 42,199 times

Advertisements

Family and I are looking to relocate (first my folks who are retired then the wife and I)

Springdale and rogers- what are the benefits cheaper and smaller? Commutable still to fayetteville and or bentonville for work school etc? Crime seems high compared to bentonville

fayetteville is the city which is what I am used to (boise, idaho) but again crime seems high compared to bentonville but is the convenience worth the gamble? are costs comparable to the others or much higher?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 07:35 PM

1,247 posts, read 1,398,049 times
I wouldn't think of Fayetteville (or Springdale or Rogers) as having "high crime" in any sense.

Fayetteville has a larger homeless population, and in some parts of the city that can lead to property crime, but it seems isolated. People use the trail system here at all hours of the day and night and there aren't many issues with that.

Fayetteville is the college town.

Springdale is the most hispanic and "working class" of the larger towns.

Rogers is a mix of Springdale and Bentonville (latino east side, rich west side).

Old 01-11-2019, 06:40 AM

70,161 posts, read 80,841,019 times
rock Climber sees it the same as I do: yes, the crime rate in Springdale is higher than anywhere else in the region and Fayetteville, as the major city is going to have a higher homeless population. But the homeless problems are still almost non existing compared to many cities throughout the USA>

If budget is your main concern and the crime is an issue I think Rogers would be a safe bet. Bentonville and Fayetteville are going to be more expensive. I am talking home value wise, everything else will be similar Te ares are almost back to back and you hardly know when you have left one city and gone to the other. Each has its pros and cons. Springdale, as Rock Climber mentioned has a high Hispanic population. This is good or bad just a point to be made. You may also, depending on where you will be working and your budget want to consider some town like Centerton. It is growing and a very popular city for young families.

Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,806,731 times
I'm looking to move (downsize) to Rogers but after driving through springdale yesterday, it's clear that the town is trying to grow very much like bentonville, rogers, and fayetteville.

I wouldn't mind looking to move to springdale either. NWA is growing rapidly and all the towns will experience growth over the coming years.

Old Today, 02:23 PM

100 posts, read 102,045 times
All the town's have their charm. Even the ones further out (Lincoln, West fork, Gravett, Decatur, Sulphur Springs....) have something that is worth looking into. Personally I wouldn't have a problem living in any of the main cities along the highway. There are areas to avoid if you can afford it but nothing I would consider unsafe just some areas are not as well kept.

Let us know what price range, any requirements for your home (amount of land, size of home, if proximity to certain things are important,...) And things that don't bother you (maybe 45-60 min commute is ok, you are fine with no grass, you don't care about age of home...). We can then steer you towards certain areas within NWA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers