U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 12:06 PM

70,633 posts, read 81,712,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
I agree as well.
OP asked a question, and several folks took time from their day to offer good advice and then....
It appears OP didn't need help after all! Maybe there is an innocent explanation for this?
This is a pet-peeve of mine, where someone asks a question, online or in person for that matter, and you go to the trouble to respond or help and when you get finished, it turns out they weren't truly interested in your response but rather you were short-term entertainment for them. I enjoy helping folks who truly need help but this frustrates the heck out of me. Am I alone with this?
totally agree and we this too often; either they never respond, they never come back or they are just fishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 03:54 PM

2,861 posts, read 4,406,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
I agree as well.
OP asked a question, and several folks took time from their day to offer good advice and then....
It appears OP didn't need help after all! Maybe there is an innocent explanation for this?
This is a pet-peeve of mine, where someone asks a question, online or in person for that matter, and you go to the trouble to respond or help and when you get finished, it turns out they weren't truly interested in your response but rather you were short-term entertainment for them. I enjoy helping folks who truly need help but this frustrates the heck out of me. Am I alone with this?

The AR forum is a troll magnet due to the lack of a dedicated moderator. They start or hijack threads and run amok. I'm not sure what the deal is with this particular OP, as he stated he has his own business and works from home, but clearly has some type of job outside of the home based on his posts in other forums.....in addition to declaring he accepted a job offer that was relocating him to NWA. If this is a legit thread it would be good for him to stop back in and give us some clarification.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:29 PM

70,633 posts, read 81,712,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
The AR forum is a troll magnet due to the lack of a dedicated moderator. They start or hijack threads and run amok. I'm not sure what the deal is with this particular OP, as he stated he has his own business and works from home, but clearly has some type of job outside of the home based on his posts in other forums.....in addition to declaring he accepted a job offer that was relocating him to NWA. If this is a legit thread it would be good for him to stop back in and give us some clarification.
I wonder why we can't get a legit moderator. We used to have Sam but she had health problems so am guessing that is why she gave it up; after that we had a couple of others for just a short period of time and now it has been, at least a year since we have had one and God knows we need someone.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I wonder why we can't get a legit moderator. We used to have Sam but she had health problems so am guessing that is why she gave it up; after that we had a couple of others for just a short period of time and now it has been, at least a year since we have had one and God knows we need someone.

Amen, Nita. I wonder what the criteria are?

Old 01-26-2019, 08:55 AM

2,600 posts, read 1,870,865 times
I doubt a mod would do anything with this particular thread but I'm usually reporting threads I view suspicious or not proper. As for our pet peeve on no followups... I'm voting for attention deficit issues. My wife posted here years ago when she got the interview and never posted again (maybe once more a few years later).

I can say for her, life got in the way.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I doubt a mod would do anything with this particular thread but I'm usually reporting threads I view suspicious or not proper. As for our pet peeve on no followups... I'm voting for attention deficit issues. My wife posted here years ago when she got the interview and never posted again (maybe once more a few years later).

I can say for her, life got in the way.
Understandable. As I said, I'm not out to discredit the OP, just pointing out a discrepancy and seeking clarification. I enjoy following threads involving folks moving to AR and kinda live vicariously through them.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:51 AM

66 posts, read 15,305 times
Quote:
Understandable. As I said, I'm not out to discredit the OP, just pointing out a discrepancy and seeking clarification. I enjoy following threads involving folks moving to AR and kinda live vicariously through them.
I meant no disrespect to OP here as well. There very well may be a reason for his "sudden departure". Although his reply post conflicted with his opening thread.
And I do agree about the attention span thing especially those a generation .... or two behind us. We try to answer our own thoughts and questions through research of one type or another. The younger folks are more apt to say OMG! outloud and ask for help without trying to help themselves. I will help anyone who has first shown me they have tried to help themselves. I guess I was always taught that God helps those that help themselves.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:12 AM

299 posts, read 179,001 times
Quote:
Sorry, I thought you said you were presented with a job offer that was relocating you to NWA?
Sorry for the confusion! Yes and no - I run my own consulting business, and with most contracts I do remotely, but said client had a requirement of wanting me to be able to be on site for meetings and such.

Flying so often and living in hotels gets tiring ( been there, done that ) so here I am

Old 03-06-2019, 10:13 AM

299 posts, read 179,001 times
Also, officially in NWA

Old 03-06-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhammer View Post
Sorry for the confusion! Yes and no - I run my own consulting business, and with most contracts I do remotely, but said client had a requirement of wanting me to be able to be on site for meetings and such.

Flying so often and living in hotels gets tiring ( been there, done that ) so here I am
Dude, where you been? You started the thread and then disappeared. Probably tied up with relocating I'm guessing.

What do you think of your new home so far?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or