U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-28-2019, 04:45 PM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
1,131 posts, read 297,546 times
Reputation: 3036

Advertisements

This winter has been great, lots of 50-60 degree days Dec and Jan. Next weekend forecast is calling for mid 60s again, gotta love it. Last winter was much colder with lots of single digit days, but no snow to speak of either year. Compared to Illinois winters it's very mild.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2019, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,858 posts, read 1,180,396 times
Reputation: 3668
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
This winter has been great, lots of 50-60 degree days Dec and Jan. Next weekend forecast is calling for mid 60s again, gotta love it. Last winter was much colder with lots of single digit days, but no snow to speak of either year. Compared to Illinois winters it's very mild.
Where do you live in AR? We are going down to the teens for the next 3 nights with wind chills near zero, sat at 11 degrees last weekend with several inches of snow, I've had snow at least 5x this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2019, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Cambridge, Isanti County, MN
2,800 posts, read 4,353,338 times
Reputation: 3574
Pretty sure duke is in the Bella Vista area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2019, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
1,131 posts, read 297,546 times
Reputation: 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Where do you live in AR? We are going down to the teens for the next 3 nights with wind chills near zero, sat at 11 degrees last weekend with several inches of snow, I've had snow at least 5x this year.
Jeez, glad I don't live where you do. Bella Vista.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2019, 06:10 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
70,378 posts, read 81,110,064 times
Reputation: 40008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Where do you live in AR? We are going down to the teens for the next 3 nights with wind chills near zero, sat at 11 degrees last weekend with several inches of snow, I've had snow at least 5x this year.
Here in NWA it has been nice for much of the winter, but with the exception of last Sunday it has been coler than usual. The next 3 days are going to see very cold nights and not much better days. Right now it is 16 degrees. Next week is supposed to be pretty nice. I know you are higher in the mountains so get more cold weather than we do, but I agree with you, the past few weeks have been pretty darn cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2019, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
1,131 posts, read 297,546 times
Reputation: 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Here in NWA it has been nice for much of the winter, but with the exception of last Sunday it has been coler than usual. The next 3 days are going to see very cold nights and not much better days. Right now it is 16 degrees. Next week is supposed to be pretty nice. I know you are higher in the mountains so get more cold weather than we do, but I agree with you, the past few weeks have been pretty darn cold.
Interesting you think this year is cooler than usual, that's great news because this winter has been so much more mild than last winter.

Here's January 2019:
https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/USAR0043:1:US

Then select January 2018, and you can see the difference. Jan 2018 there were 2 below zero low days, 4 single digit low days and 12 days with lows in the teens or lower. Jan 2019 so far there have been no single digit low days and only 4 days with lows in the teens. If the forecast holds out, there will be no more days hitting the teens the rest of this month. Really no comparison between this winter and the last, and I'm very glad because I didn't like how cold it was last winter one bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2019, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
70,378 posts, read 81,110,064 times
Reputation: 40008
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Interesting you think this year is cooler than usual, that's great news because this winter has been so much more mild than last winter.

Here's January 2019:
https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/USAR0043:1:US

Then select January 2018, and you can see the difference. Jan 2018 there were 2 below zero low days, 4 single digit low days and 12 days with lows in the teens or lower. Jan 2019 so far there have been no single digit low days and only 4 days with lows in the teens. If the forecast holds out, there will be no more days hitting the teens the rest of this month. Really no comparison between this winter and the last, and I'm very glad because I didn't like how cold it was last winter one bit.
I am not going to argue with you. This is just plain stupid. We have had, here a few days in single digits. I get up about 5am and check the weather each morning. We all have our ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2019, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
1,131 posts, read 297,546 times
Reputation: 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not going to argue with you. This is just plain stupid. We have had, here a few days in single digits. I get up about 5am and check the weather each morning. We all have our ideas.
There's nothing to argue about, there's the almanac- it tells us exactly how much colder it was last year and how mild it's been this year in comparison. It doesn't lie, neither do my heating bills that are 2/3 what they were last year. If your thermometer has told you single digits this year, might want to get a new one.

To the OP - I see you are going to be having -20s for lows next couple days, that is is horrific weather I remember well growing up in MN. That would be reason enough to haul my butt down to NWA!

Last edited by duke944; 01-29-2019 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2019, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,858 posts, read 1,180,396 times
Reputation: 3668
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
There's nothing to argue about, there's the almanac- it tells us exactly how much colder it was last year and how mild it's been this year in comparison. It doesn't lie, neither do my heating bills that are 2/3 what they were last year. If your thermometer has told you single digits this year, might want to get a new one.

To the OP - I see you are going to be having -20s for lows next couple days, that is is horrific weather I remember well growing up in MN. That would be reason enough to haul my butt down to NWA!
We are in the middle of winter, so how can anyone state which winter is colder? So far, yes last winter had some colder days. My initial response to you was stating it's been warm with no snow either year. Maybe you slept through it. My son lives in Bentonville and has sent me snow pics on several occasions this winter alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2019, 12:44 PM
 
2,198 posts, read 822,419 times
Reputation: 1613
I would be more concerned about the possibility of tornadoes in this part of the country than cold weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top