U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 01:39 PM

58 posts, read 10,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you do realize he has spent time in AR, interviewed for a few jobs here, would rather live here than almost anywhere and to be honest, he brings up a good point. We have so many trolls posting here, strange postings do make some of us wonder. And this is one of them for sure
Agree 100%
Tyryztoll has been criticized by a few for sounding critical in his responses. IMO sometimes critical is called for! When you pose a question to the forum do you want the truth, or do you want what you want to hear? I will take the truth 10 times out of 10!
I have personally appreciated the honesty and effort Tyryztoll has offered to me!
As I see it on this forum, the truth and/or honest opinions are what makes this place special, certainly not the belly crawling trolls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 02:12 PM

2,835 posts, read 4,387,141 times
Thanks, Nita and Bella, but biscuits response was a complete overreaction. Obviously that person has a problem with me and that's fine. There's a faction of folks who seem to think you can't have a voice in here if you either aren't from AR or don't currently live there, and I've learned to just live with them. As Nita mentioned, my family and I spent a lot of time in Arkansas when we lived next door in Texas and attempted to move there on two separate occasions before taking a better paying position here in MN. Still, we love Arkansas and are constantly devoting some type of time and/or attention to what became a very special place to us. I've been an active participant in the Arkansas forum going on 4 years now and anyone familiar with me knows that I won't hesitate to inquire if I read something that sounds fishy. In this case it was the OP stating they couldn't afford to live on their own in CA but having enough $$ to pay cash for a house in AR (that's STILL hundreds of thousands of dollars - who pays cash for a house?), and also their horse being rehomed 2,000 miles away from them in NWA? Would be interested to know how that happened. On top of that they say they'll likely have to work "at least" part time once they move? None of that sounds like someone who can't afford to live on their own - anywhere. Just seems like there should be more to this story, and I'd like to hear it, that's all.

As for "bashing" prospective residents of the Natural State, there's a feature where you can go look at any and all of my posts from 2015 to today since I started posting in here. Yes, I've helped to chase away many trolls, have been curious to the point of inquiry regarding others, and have especially been critical of people who base every decision in their lives on race and/or politics, but to accuse me of recklessly "bashing" people is way off base and I would hope most of my fellow AR forum participants would agree.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:30 PM

58 posts, read 10,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Thanks, Nita and Bella, but biscuits response was a complete overreaction. Obviously that person has a problem with me and that's fine. There's a faction of folks who seem to think you can't have a voice in here if you either aren't from AR or don't currently live there, and I've learned to just live with them. As Nita mentioned, my family and I spent a lot of time in Arkansas when we lived next door in Texas and attempted to move there on two separate occasions before taking a better paying position here in MN. Still, we love Arkansas and are constantly devoting some type of time and/or attention to what became a very special place to us. I've been an active participant in the Arkansas forum going on 4 years now and anyone familiar with me knows that I won't hesitate to inquire if I read something that sounds fishy. In this case it was the OP stating they couldn't afford to live on their own in CA but having enough $$ to pay cash for a house in AR (that's STILL hundreds of thousands of dollars - who pays cash for a house?), and also their horse being rehomed 2,000 miles away from them in NWA? Would be interested to know how that happened. On top of that they say they'll likely have to work "at least" part time once they move? None of that sounds like someone who can't afford to live on their own - anywhere. Just seems like there should be more to this story, and I'd like to hear it, that's all.

As for "bashing" prospective residents of the Natural State, there's a feature where you can go look at any and all of my posts from 2015 to today since I started posting in here. Yes, I've helped to chase away many trolls, have been curious to the point of inquiry regarding others, and have especially been critical of people who base every decision in their lives on race and/or politics, but to accuse me of recklessly "bashing" people is way off base and I would hope most of my fellow AR forum participants would agree.
No need to explain to me sir. I'm for all things honest and fair, and you seem both to me from what I see and read. I'd be honored to share a cold one or two with you on the front porch in NWA, just not a hot toddy that I need here soon!
BTW....we are supposed to finally see 0F about 8:30 tonight! 20F tomorrow!
It's truly the little things in life that we appreciate the most!

Old 02-01-2019, 06:26 AM

70,499 posts, read 81,508,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post

can't rep you or Bella again but agree with both of you. And yes there are people on boards, that have a problem with a particular poster: there is one here that has a problem with my posts. They will use every excuse they can to debate what is said. Oh well, life goes on and people are just people: some with better attitudes than others.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:40 AM

10,651 posts, read 7,772,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you do realize he has spent time in AR, interviewed for a few jobs here, would rather live here than almost anywhere and to be honest, he brings up a good point. We have so many trolls posting here, strange postings do make some of us wonder. And this is one of them for sure
To be clear, it's s/he who is trolling here.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 02-03-2019 at 01:51 AM..

Old 02-03-2019, 04:15 AM

2,835 posts, read 4,387,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Then report me and let a mod decide.

By the way, where is the OP?

Old 02-03-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Absolutely you are incorrect about this one. No one is trolling other than,perhaps the OP. It does seem strange she would have stayed away for 11 years and suddenly start posting again.

Old Today, 01:48 AM

3 posts, read 209 times
Trans? lol, no offense but being real here: you won't be welcomed in NWA, not in 2019, not even Fayetteville. It's a slightly more liberal town, but the whole state is extremely red. And yes, I've been in Fayetteville since 2006.

Old Today, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDude2019 View Post
Trans? lol, no offense but being real here: you won't be welcomed in NWA, not in 2019, not even Fayetteville. It's a slightly more liberal town, but the whole state is extremely red. And yes, I've been in Fayetteville since 2006.
I don't know about trans, but we know a few gay couples right here in Bella Vista and they are very much accepted. One woman just passed away. If you had seen how many showed up for the celebration of her life you might feel a bit different. BTW, Fayetteville is really pretty liberal compared to many parts of the state and country for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or