U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 09:05 AM

275 posts, read 649,815 times

Advertisements

I just happened to stumble across Bella Vista a while back. From the comments here as well as images I have seen online, BV looks like a very nice area. I am still looking for a retirement area after FL (too hot/humid here). We'll be driving through the NWA area in a few weeks and plan on stopping to have a look-see. I have a question concerning housing. If I was looking at housing in the 350k - 450k range, are all these houses part of a HOA? Also, one of my hobbies is amateur radio. I would like to erect an antenna (not a big, unsightly behemoth) on property. Does anyone have any experience with such antennas being allowed/disallowed? Also, I notice that none of the properties I have seen on realtor.com have any privacy fences. Are fences discouraged as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 11:58 AM

70,429 posts, read 81,396,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandoyankee View Post
I just happened to stumble across Bella Vista a while back. From the comments here as well as images I have seen online, BV looks like a very nice area. I am still looking for a retirement area after FL (too hot/humid here). We'll be driving through the NWA area in a few weeks and plan on stopping to have a look-see. I have a question concerning housing. If I was looking at housing in the 350k - 450k range, are all these houses part of a HOA? Also, one of my hobbies is amateur radio. I would like to erect an antenna (not a big, unsightly behemoth) on property. Does anyone have any experience with such antennas being allowed/disallowed? Also, I notice that none of the properties I have seen on realtor.com have any privacy fences. Are fences discouraged as well?
BV has so much to offer and so little to be concerned about but that certainly does not mean it is a perfect solution to all problems. I would go into detail but am doing my last posting for a coupe of weeks as we are leaving in an hour for a 10 day cruise. Enjoy you visit and to answer your question about the HOA or POA as it is called here all homes are part of POA. I do not know about the antenna policies. Fenced yards, yes they are allowed and you will see them all over but many of the residents do like the open feeling. There are some restrictions as to what kind of fence can be built. the POA rules are pretty relaxed to tell you the truth. Your price range can get you about anything you could want in a home. For many of us here, God created heaven and then he added Bella Vista. Again that is not saying there are no problems or that is is perfect for everyone.

BTW: our daughter and son in law live in Windermare, Fl.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:02 PM

105 posts, read 105,698 times
Assume any house with a Bella Vista address is also part of the POA. Someone can link to the POA requirements; I would but am at work. In that price range you will be getting a very large house, and/or on one of the lakes. There are some fences in the area but not many as they are not usually needed. POA probably has restrictions.

Overall Bella Vista is a beautiful area. Took my kids and some friends hiking along Blowing Springs Park Saturday, will possibly go to Tanyard Creek in a week or two. Hiking options are increasing With all the mountain biking trail going in. Have several customers on the lakes and the views are amazing, quiet, and just down right peaceful.

Problems with the town:
1) It has a POA (but his also applies to other neighborhoods not just Bella Vista) but you do get the pools, golfing....
2) no sidewalks. This has been done to lower building costs.
3) no natural gas
4) Traffic/commute can be higher than surrounding areas depending on location.
5) Distance to schools can be far (though this may not apply to you)
6) Limited restaurants/shopping (though Bentonville/Rogers is just a few minutes south).

Old 02-06-2019, 10:34 AM

275 posts, read 649,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaple4 View Post
Assume any house with a Bella Vista address is also part of the POA. Someone can link to the POA requirements; I would but am at work. In that price range you will be getting a very large house, and/or on one of the lakes. There are some fences in the area but not many as they are not usually needed. POA probably has restrictions.

Overall Bella Vista is a beautiful area. Took my kids and some friends hiking along Blowing Springs Park Saturday, will possibly go to Tanyard Creek in a week or two. Hiking options are increasing With all the mountain biking trail going in. Have several customers on the lakes and the views are amazing, quiet, and just down right peaceful.

Problems with the town:
1) It has a POA (but his also applies to other neighborhoods not just Bella Vista) but you do get the pools, golfing....
2) no sidewalks. This has been done to lower building costs.
3) no natural gas
4) Traffic/commute can be higher than surrounding areas depending on location.
5) Distance to schools can be far (though this may not apply to you)
6) Limited restaurants/shopping (though Bentonville/Rogers is just a few minutes south).
Thanks for your response. I would require a fence as we have a senior citizen dog. I doubt I can teach her to adhere to an invisible fence. So, some kind of physical fence would be a must. We use cypress fences here a lot. Pretty when they first go up. But, after a year, they look lousy unless they are treated. So, whatever fencing is allowed would be ok with me. You bring up another point that I didn't think about. You say no natural gas. So, am I to assume that electricity is the choice for heating in the winter? Electricity works here because it doesn't get cold for very long. Up there, that's another story. Just curious what the predominant heating source would be.

Also, since the area has a good amount of retirees, where do most Medicare-eligible people go for medical care. Mostly concerned about cardiovascular, cancer care, etc. Thanks.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:45 PM

105 posts, read 105,698 times
Heat pumps are very common and work well most of the time (especially if you have a newer system). When it gets below 30 the heat strips start kicking in. I have been seeing more dual fuel system (heat pump with propane furnace). Those are best for comfort.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:49 PM

515 posts, read 860,254 times
I didn't realize BV doesn't have natural gas. We just moved to Bentonville from Texas and we have gas heat (and water heater and range) here. Our combined utility bills so far are lower than our bills in Texas. Of course we've only had one partial bill (about 3 weeks) and one full bill so far. Of course, our house here is about 11 yrs newer than our house in Texas was too.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:17 AM

378 posts, read 909,647 times
Hot Springs Village does not have natural gas either so the choices are solar, dual fuel, electric or propane.

Old Today, 06:27 AM

70,429 posts, read 81,396,879 times
As for no natural gas it is a pain but we get used to it. We have our heat pump and we use propane in our fireplace.

Someone commented on the traffic: with the by pass it is better and will continue to get even better when the by pass is complete. The only time the traffic is really bad for a couple of miles is from about 7 to 8:00 in the morning. The comment about schools being far away, except for Copper Elementary this is true. I so wish we woulc get another elementary school, but it was voted down 4 years ago. People without kids just don't seem to understand. I have no kids, but I know the value of schools close by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers