Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,524 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I will be moving to the Bentonville/Rogers area in June. I love biking, and have been looking for some info on bike trails in the area.(website, maps) Also any info on kayaking or hiking in the area would be great. We are in our early 20's and are also looking for some fun hang-outs. Any ideas? I'm from Iowa orignally and my boyfriend is from Little Rock, but we are moving from Fort Myers, Fl. We are both very happy to be moving back closer to home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 08:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Olsen View Post
My boyfriend and I will be moving to the Bentonville/Rogers area in June. I love biking, and have been looking for some info on bike trails in the area.(website, maps) Also any info on kayaking or hiking in the area would be great. We are in our early 20's and are also looking for some fun hang-outs. Any ideas? I'm from Iowa orignally and my boyfriend is from Little Rock, but we are moving from Fort Myers, Fl. We are both very happy to be moving back closer to home.
I don't have the answers for you but if nothing else, you will be able to find lots of activities in Fayetteville. Good luck to you, I know how good it can be to get back to family.

Nita

Old 04-25-2008, 09:19 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
As for hot spots, two words. Dickson Street.

You'll find all the hot spots in downtown Fayetteville for the young crowd. NWA is a very sprawled out area, so with these gas prices I would suggest living some place closer to your job and then driving for your weekend fun.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:07 PM

697 posts, read 3,021,041 times
The obvious suggestion for hiking info is the HikeArkansas web site, which provides detailed information on hiking trails all over Arkansas, and in particular the Ozark Highlands Trail, which starts near Lake Ft. Smith and runs generally northeastward for approximately 165 miles to the Buffalo River. There are plenty of trails (and related camping opportunities) even closer to Bentonville/Rogers, including those in Devil's Den State Park.

You should have no trouble finding plenty of places to enjoy outdoor activities within a short drive from home.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Piney Point off of Hwy 12 out by Beaver Lake has a 15 mile dirt trail for bikes that's pretty awesome. There are other numerous hiking trails in the area, but some don't allow bikes. The parks around the lake would provide a good short bike run, the best way to use the parks is to purchase a $30 yearly pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers