U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 06:45 PM

9 posts, read 15,369 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to move from Nebraska to NWA. We are wondering what city or cities would be best for us. We are thinking somewhere around Centerton, Bentonville or Harrison areas. Wanting to spend around $150k. My husband needs to work in a little bigger city (Electrician) but live outside of the bigger city. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 07:38 PM

425 posts, read 388,200 times
Hi... The housing market is booming all across NWA, your husband should not have any issue finding work as an electrician (actually I'm trying to find one now for a remodel project we are doing). The issue you will run into is finding a house for 150k. You should be able to land within that range in Harrison, and possibly some smaller houses in Centerton, but it will be hard to find that range in Bentonville. You might look at Bella Vista, you can still find houses in the 150k range (but better hurry, they are climbing in price every month). You can also look in the Gravette and Gentry areas. Another option you might consider is McDonald County in MO. It is just over the line and accessible to most parts of NWA. All of these places would be accessible to the construction boom, with maybe the exception of Harrison (Harrison is a bit far out, with a lower population, but access to the larger cities will be much longer drive).

Old 06-21-2020, 08:01 PM

We are hoping to stay away from HOA/POA, so I do not think Bella Vista would work for us. We dont plan on moving for a couple of years. We just want to visit some areas to see if they would be a good fit for us.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:21 AM

77,786 posts, read 98,908,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjovi199 View Post
We are hoping to stay away from HOA/POA, so I do not think Bella Vista would work for us. We dont plan on moving for a couple of years. We just want to visit some areas to see if they would be a good fit for us.
Oh my, if you are not planning on a relocation for a couple of years, you are asking questions that no one can answer for you or even give advise right now. I can tell you a few things though:

One: forget Centerton, the town is one of the fastest growing in the region, and depending on the size home you are considering: $150, 000 will not buy much or anything. This is true in Bentonvile and pretty true here in BV.

two: your husband will have no trouble finding a decent job anywhere in NWA. What about you: do you work or are you a stay at home wife. What about kids? Are schools important to you?

Three: You will find a lot of people living in NWA that are fro your state.

Four: yes, it is a good idea to come and visit for a few days: maybe even find a realtor that will be willing to take a few hours to show you around, knowing you are not ready to relocate quite yet. They are used to doing this. WE did the same thing about a year prior to moving here.

Five: I will name a few cities or towns you may want to consider that will be still close but more in your price range: Gravette is one, as well as Pea Ridge. BV has POA as you apparently know. I have to wonder what is it about POA?HOAs that you are concerned about?

Old 06-22-2020, 11:23 AM

1,133 posts, read 3,020,733 times
I disagree that you can't find a home in Bentonville/Centerton for $150k. There isn't a huge inventory because they always go quickly but there are still houses available. They are more of your cookie cutter-ranch style homes but they are still for sale and most of them aren't even total dumps. They just aren't brand new and maybe not in the most convenient part of town. Most new construction is a little pricier due to the cost of lots increasing but if the OP is willing to do a little bit of work, they can find a simple home in a safe area at this moment. Who knows what the situation will be in two years?

Old 06-22-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
I disagree that you can't find a home in Bentonville/Centerton for $150k. There isn't a huge inventory because they always go quickly but there are still houses available. They are more of your cookie cutter-ranch style homes but they are still for sale and most of them aren't even total dumps. They just aren't brand new and maybe not in the most convenient part of town. Most new construction is a little pricier due to the cost of lots increasing but if the OP is willing to do a little bit of work, they can find a simple home in a safe area at this moment. Who knows what the situation will be in two years?
I certainly didn't mean you could not find any, but they will few and far between and 2 years from now they will be almost non existent. That is why I mentioned how large of a home would they be wanting. Decent homes in Bentonville and Certerton if they are 3 or more bedrooms are generally priced much higher. So what I am saying is generalization only!!!

Old 06-22-2020, 03:45 PM

1,133 posts, read 3,020,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I certainly didn't mean you could not find any, but they will few and far between and 2 years from now they will be almost non existent. That is why I mentioned how large of a home would they be wanting. Decent homes in Bentonville and Certerton if they are 3 or more bedrooms are generally priced much higher. So what I am saying is generalization only!!!
Its hard to find something less than 3 bedrooms but the bedrooms start to resemble large closets. A lot of the houses off tunbridge north of 14th street fall in that price range. They are the smaller homes with full vinyl siding and maybe a one car garage. Who knows what to expect two years from now? Houses might be worth less if the economy tanks.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:16 PM

We do not have any children and I work from home. We are looking at 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom and at least 2 car garage. Right now we are just trying to see what city or cities would be a good fit for us. We are not looking to buy anything right now. What are the crime rates like in the cities mentioned above (Centerton, Bentonville, Pea Ridge, Gravette and Bella Vista)?

Old 06-23-2020, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjovi199 View Post
We do not have any children and I work from home. We are looking at 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom and at least 2 car garage. Right now we are just trying to see what city or cities would be a good fit for us. We are not looking to buy anything right now. What are the crime rates like in the cities mentioned above (Centerton, Bentonville, Pea Ridge, Gravette and Bella Vista)?
Pretty much, if you stay away from Springdale and that general area the crime rate is very low, especially Pea Ridge, Bella Vista and Centerton.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:20 AM

425 posts, read 388,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Pretty much, if you stay away from Springdale and that general area the crime rate is very low, especially Pea Ridge, Bella Vista and Centerton.
Springdale is a high crime area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers