Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 08:50 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,445,611 times

Advertisements

We’re in Rogers tonight on the way back from a doc appointment for our daughter in Dallas. That was on Thursday, but we made a spur of the moment decision to go to San Antonio yesterday and so we actually drove up here from there today. Took about 11 hours with the kids and all the stops. After getting settled in the hotel we checked out Bentonville....took a ride downtown and past the high school, out to Crystal Bridges....took a short walk at Orchards Park. That’s a perfect spot to go walk with our daughter in her wheelchair. Had dinner at the Denny’s on Walton....we were the only ones in there and it was great! Didn’t have time for much else....everyone is exhausted from a long trip. Gonna head back to MN in the morning, but will take a drive around Bella Vista first. The Bentonville area suits us right down to the ground. What a unique, charming town with the Rockwellesque city center and the beautiful parks and trails everywhere. Anyway....just wanted to actually do a post from Arkansas for a change, ha ha. Wish we could stay longer, but you know we’ll be back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 05:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
We’re in Rogers tonight on the way back from a doc appointment for our daughter in Dallas. That was on Thursday, but we made a spur of the moment decision to go to San Antonio yesterday and so we actually drove up here from there today. Took about 11 hours with the kids and all the stops. After getting settled in the hotel we checked out Bentonville....took a ride downtown and past the high school, out to Crystal Bridges....took a short walk at Orchards Park. That’s a perfect spot to go walk with our daughter in her wheelchair. Had dinner at the Denny’s on Walton....we were the only ones in there and it was great! Didn’t have time for much else....everyone is exhausted from a long trip. Gonna head back to MN in the morning, but will take a drive around Bella Vista first. The Bentonville area suits us right down to the ground. What a unique, charming town with the Rockwellesque city center and the beautiful parks and trails everywhere. Anyway....just wanted to actually do a post from Arkansas for a change, ha ha. Wish we could stay longer, but you know we’ll be back.
That is a lot of driving in one day. I bet you were exhausted. Enjoy your day, drive carefully you might want to stop for lunch, if you have time at the pizza place or JJs. I imagine you will be on your way out of BV way before lunch.

Old 07-26-2020, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is a lot of driving in one day. I bet you were exhausted. Enjoy your day, drive carefully you might want to stop for lunch, if you have time at the pizza place or JJs. I imagine you will be on your way out of BV way before lunch.
Yep....you know us, though. Won’t be long before we’re back in some fashion. We can drive 11 hours standing on our head. This is a highly experienced road trippin’ family.

It’s a beautiful morning in NWA. This area of Rogers with all the hotels next to the WalMart AMP is so nice. Gonna get a hot cup o’ joe and tool around a little bit before heading home.

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 07-26-2020 at 06:05 AM..

Old 07-26-2020, 05:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Yep....you know us, though. Won’t be long before we’re back in some fashion.

It’s a beautiful morning in NWA. This area of Rogers with all the hotels next to the WalMart AMP is so nice. Gonna get a hot cup o’ joe and tool around a little bit before heading home.
keep in touch

Old 07-26-2020, 08:49 PM

425 posts, read 506,280 times
Quote:
Awesome man! Glad you enjoyed B’ville. It is indeed a charming little town square. You should it at Christmas time! It’s truly magical. We are in the great state of Alabama right now. Visiting family here and will also make our rounds in North Georgia this week. The roads are pretty busy. Not many folks staying home
Y’all be safe!

Old 07-27-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
Awesome man! Glad you enjoyed B’ville. It is indeed a charming little town square. You should it at Christmas time! It’s truly magical. We are in the great state of Alabama right now. Visiting family here and will also make our rounds in North Georgia this week. The roads are pretty busy. Not many folks staying home
Y’all be safe!
Thanks. I bet the Christmas scene is wonderful. My wife would melt over that. I'd love it, too.

Anywho...back home now. What a long trip.

Before we left yesterday we took a short look around Centerton and Bella Vista. Centerton was a big step down from Bentonville.....very flat....looked like those blah places in Texas we used to live amongst. The schools over there were a wow, but can't see us moving to Arkansas and living in an area like that. Bella Vista was beautiful but my wife does not like being buried in foliage like you are through there. She likes a little open space where she can see more sky and sun. The multi level hillside homes are also not really conducive to our daughters handicapped equipment. We really need single story for that reason. So basically we need an area that's like Centerton and Bella Vista had a baby (haw haw).....which is Bentonville and many other places we've seen around there, so still a lot to choose from.

As for my employment endeavors, none of the recent job apps panned out. I can only work long shifts that give me more days off a week in order to handle our kids medical needs, so it takes longer to unearth those specific opportunities, especially in a smaller metro. Gonna keep at it and let the good Lord guide us, as always. Our desire to relocate has been accelerated now because we are leaning toward turning our daughter back over to her former hospital in Dallas. If we can't get to Arkansas we may even consider going back to Texas so that they can do her back surgery (scoliosis) there. It's a big surgery that the doctor here wants to rush into, while our former doc has a more cautious and detailed approach that we're much more comfortable with. Nothing is ever easy or routine with special needs kids it seems.....you just do whatever you have to in order to get them whatever they need.

Again, apologies to the OP for basically commandeering this thread, but haven't heard from them in a while anyway so I doubt they really mind at this point.

Old 08-03-2020, 07:24 PM

425 posts, read 506,280 times
Well, it's the foliage and thick canopy we love most about Bella Vista. You are correct, many houses around here are built on steep hillsides, but you can find flat ground single story pad homes here, they do exist (but not common). Bentonville is indeed a happy medium between the two, however be prepared to over pay for housing within B'ville city limits!

We just got back from our Alabama/Georgia Trip. Man the roads were insane this weekend coming home! Many many folks out traveling! We had to wait (more than once) for a gas pump. Folks have had enough of the "stay at home". And on the way home we saw hundreds of motorcycles on the interstates headed to Surgis 2020! It was good to see some normalcy.

Hopefully everything works out with your daughter and you can get her back to the Texas hospital. Texas is an easy drive from Arkansas (as you know).

Old 08-03-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Well, it's the foliage and thick canopy we love most about Bella Vista. You are correct, many houses around here are built on steep hillsides, but you can find flat ground single story pad homes here, they do exist (but not common). Bentonville is indeed a happy medium between the two, however be prepared to over pay for housing within B'ville city limits!

We just got back from our Alabama/Georgia Trip. Man the roads were insane this weekend coming home! Many many folks out traveling! We had to wait (more than once) for a gas pump. Folks have had enough of the "stay at home". And on the way home we saw hundreds of motorcycles on the interstates headed to Surgis 2020! It was good to see some normalcy.

Hopefully everything works out with your daughter and you can get her back to the Texas hospital. Texas is an easy drive from Arkansas (as you know).
Thanks. Big appointment here in MN tomorrow that's going to determine our next step. The job hunt in Arkansas has just not yielded any fruit this summer, so if we choose TX for her back surgery we're going to take a look at possibly heading to Tulsa or points south in Oklahoma seeing as they have programs and services for special needs kids there that we can't get in TX or AR. Depending on what the doc says tomorrow we might just set sail on another year here, too, and try again for the AR dream down the road. We always said we didn't want to force it, ya know....that when the time was right the good Lord would let us know.....but it just doesn't seem like He wants it for us once again this year, so we'll wait. No worries. We're used to it now.

I know what you mean about the roads being full of travelers. We went all the way down to San Antonio and back up through NWA and the traffic was nuts, especially through DFW and Austin. Was glad to see it, though....and it was so nice to be out and about in this great land of ours.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:41 AM

90 posts, read 92,288 times
Quote:
You aren’t going to answer my questions?
....nope...not worth the energy....

Old 08-04-2020, 05:01 AM

90 posts, read 92,288 times
Quote:
Well I thought for sure I'd be buying a new nest here snuggled in the trees, but after driving in circles for days & days (& truly loving the natural beauty) I was overwhelmed with so much foliage after all, & ended up snagging (by total serendipity!) a lovely one level free standing town home on the golf course at the BVCC. Never thought I'd love watching golfers & their antics, so much better than TV!

I know how lucky I got, the place was taken off the market for a few hours & I happened upon the realtor investigating the cause, made the offer immediately, & it was accepted that evening, moved in 25 days later. The really funny part is, when I came for the home inspection there was a note under the doormat from a couple who'd seen the place prior but were looking for a place with more trees! They could easily have bought this 3 days before me, had they not wanted lots of trees. We've become pretty good friends & many times I've thanked them for not buying my dream home! The place came fully furnished & they even bought the things I didn't want. I know how lucky I was to find this gem & won't be moving again til I either go out of here on a gurney or into the Concordia Retirement place, about a mile down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers