Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 01:25 PM

1,600 posts, read 864,677 times

Advertisements

My wife and I don't get out much, especially during the week. Our jobs keep us very busy and back-and-forth to the office is about it. Also, during Covid work-from-home we got in the habit of making menus in advance and cooking at home. Consequently we don't get fast food very much any more. We did go to Chick-fil-a on Walton Blvd in Bentonville on Wednesday and imagine our surprise that the Sonic had burned and was being torn down. My wife mentioned this to a colleague who told her the Dairy Queen on Walton had also burned. I looked it up and the fires were within 12 days of each other, though Sonic burned before dawn and Dairy Queen during the day.

Just seems so weird to have two of them burn so close together. Sending positive vibes to the Culver's being built on New Hope road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 08:55 PM

425 posts, read 505,477 times
I knew about the Sonic burning, didn’t know about the Dairy Queen. I never went to that particular Sonic due to it being so hard to get into and out of. The business next to that Sonic also burnt down a couple years ago. Can’t remember the name of it.

Old 03-23-2022, 12:56 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Fast food restaurants are always a fire waiting to happen. Hot grease and drippings, frying oil, the smoke resins that build up in the vents: all flammable, when they are at cooking temperatures. Half the people who work there aren't old enough to have seen what can happen, so, sometimes they aren't all that careful and conscientious.

Other times, things just happen. The diner where I eat breakfast, sometimes, the grill surface cracked along a seam and drippings from the food ran into the gas burners underneath. Thankfully, the manager was experienced and didn't bat an eye. She had it out before the fire alarm could go off. They had it fixed in a few days.

If Sonic burned before dawn, I would suspect something (wiring, etc) was faulty, or maybe something got left on, overnight.

Old 03-25-2022, 10:47 PM

425 posts, read 505,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Fast food restaurants are always a fire waiting to happen. Hot grease and drippings, frying oil, the smoke resins that build up in the vents: all flammable, when they are at cooking temperatures. Half the people who work there aren't old enough to have seen what can happen, so, sometimes they aren't all that careful and conscientious.

Other times, things just happen. The diner where I eat breakfast, sometimes, the grill surface cracked along a seam and drippings from the food ran into the gas burners underneath. Thankfully, the manager was experienced and didn't bat an eye. She had it out before the fire alarm could go off. They had it fixed in a few days.

If Sonic burned before dawn, I would suspect something (wiring, etc) was faulty, or maybe something got left on, overnight.
“Greasy Spoons” The best places to eat. Many of my favorite places have been standing for decades, generational type places. And to your point, it’s normally a ‘fire’ that takes them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers