Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 09:54 PM

6 posts, read 26,464 times

Advertisements

My family and I are relocating to NWA for my husband's job with Walmart. We are looking for a nice area to live in, can anyone provide information regarding Bentonville, Rogers, Bella Vista? In regards to proximity to shopping, conveniences, good schools, etc. Can anyone recommend a good subdivision (I have heard the name Kensington thrown around).
Any information is greatly appreciated. We will be out in NWA this weekend looking for homes in different areas.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 07:14 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,421 times
Well, I live in Okie land but spend lots of time in that area. My parents are planning on moving to Bella Vista which is very pretty but you'll probably be with the old folks there. Although on the East side of Bella vista is the Bentonville School distrist and is supposively very good and getting young families in that school district. The area has lots to do, hiking trails and such. Many lakes and day trips that I love like Eureka Springs. From Bentonville through Rodgers is heavly developed in my book. I am a rural personality so that is my feelings. I live on a cattle ranch but when my husband retires in a few years, I might look in the country near Eureka Springs for land.

Bella Vista has 8 lakes and many golf courses. You need to pay a montly due to live in the village which is 24 a month. They also nickle and dime you to death to use their many recreation areas. For instance when my parents move their, I will have to pay 3 bucks a day to sit on their beach not being a member of Bella Vista. Just stuff to think about.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
My view differs a little from Debbie's. You will not be the Odd Folks I don't think. Yes, BV has many seniors, but younger families are moving in daily. She did mention the east side, that does seem to be where the families are located. All the areas you are talking about are convenient to shopping, etc as they are within 15 minutes of each. This is what makes NWA so special. You can enjoy the rural life and still have all the conveniences of the city at your finger tips.

As for the extra charges for the facilities, I see nothing wrong with this as home owners we are paying for the use of the beaches, or whatever. Charging those who do not live in our area seems reasonable to me. Where we live right now there is a semi private golf and country club. For members all facilities are covered in our monthy fees, for others, things like the pool are about $5 per person. I do think sitting on the beach and paying $3 might be a little much. iBy the way we are not even living there yet (2 weeks from today) You would think I lived there forever: we have spent quite a bit of time there researching the area before we made our decision.

Nita

Old 05-29-2008, 11:21 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,572 times
The only thing I know is that the realtor we are in contact with has said over and over that the schools in Bentonville are better than any other in the area. I'm not sure if this is true or not because we currently live in VA, but this is what she has told us. My husband works for Wal-Mart as well and I know that sometimes they will assign a realtor to you if you do not have one, but my advice would be when you get there to start asking all the people at corporate where they live? What schools are best? and so on.

Good Luck and maybe we will see you out there this summer!!!

DVCGAL

Old 05-30-2008, 08:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
The only thing I know is that the realtor we are in contact with has said over and over that the schools in Bentonville are better than any other in the area. I'm not sure if this is true or not because we currently live in VA, but this is what she has told us. My husband works for Wal-Mart as well and I know that sometimes they will assign a realtor to you if you do not have one, but my advice would be when you get there to start asking all the people at corporate where they live? What schools are best? and so on.

Good Luck and maybe we will see you out there this summer!!!

DVCGAL
Good idea, but do trust your realtor. Most of the realtors that are located in the Bentonville area will service Bentonville, rogers and BV. Much of BV is part of the Bentonville school district. In fact even though they are 2 separate cities, they really are very closely tied.

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers