Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 03:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideoutsider View Post
I'm retired but my wife is still employed. Her employer has given her the option of moving to Little Rock or losing her job. The choice must be made by this Monday. I hope we will be welcome in Arkansas.
so you are coming from Ca, is that right? Where in California? My suggestion, you want to be accepted? We love people from everywhere, but remember AR is not Califorinia. It is a beautiful state, lots of lakes and rivers, Little Rock is close to Tunica if you like to gamble and not far from Memphis for some good sight seeing.

We do not wear overalls all the time, do not marry our cousins very often and really are not mommies and daddies at 13...We do go to the dentist, do like good dining and are not all holier than thou right wing Christians. This doesn't mean we are not Christians and some are other faiths, I just don't want you to think everyone wears their religion on their sleve.

If you accept Arkansas for what it is, a mixture of mid-west and south and can cope with the summer heat you will love it. Of course I am partial to NWA, but that doesn't mean Little Rock doesn't have things to offer.

Welcome and good luck,

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 06:20 PM

271 posts, read 657,397 times
I have no problems with Californian's moving somewhere else. They have many reasons to. What I do have a problem with are the Californians that move elsewhere and then complain that it's not like California

Old 12-10-2009, 08:38 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
I just got here (November) from L.A. and I couldn't be happier. Trees as far as the eye can see. What Arkansans call traffic is laughable. It's so peaceful and just breathtakingly beautiful. WARNING: IT IS BEYOND COLD!!!!

Most people I've met so far has been really nice. Some of my co-workers are not so cool but that's just the usual office politics, not me being from California.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:44 AM

837 posts, read 2,248,974 times
it's not usually this cold! this is weird. and I hate it!

Old 12-11-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-b View Post
you think 9 degrees in the morning is cold? No, why would you say that?

Nita

now you can do like I did a few days ago: you have heard the term: dumb as a rock, I am dumber than the dumbest one: I went out (19 degrees) in a thin sweat shirt, no jacket, no gloves. Of course all I did all morning was ***** to hubby about how cold I was...He had no sympathy. GRUMPY OLD MAN!!!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:30 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-b View Post
Not to go off topic with this, jenni, but a restaurant recently opened on "the four lane" north of Cherokee Village called "Jeni B's, if I got the spelling right.

About two steps more upscale than anything else on the four lane. We ate there, and it wasn't bad, but short menu and inflated prices. The food was good, but no beter than any of the other places around there.

The place use to be a catfish restaurant. I liked it better then.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:20 PM

837 posts, read 2,248,974 times
sorry 'bout that! I swear it's not me, though.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:58 PM

218 posts, read 580,185 times
I see what you mean but you have to remember there are people from CA who are NOT the stereotype you mention. Almost all the CA people I knew who moved to our little town on the OR coast made just super duper neighbors (better than some of we natives, I might add) and their tax money into the county coffers was mighty appreciated. Sometimes these same people gave knowledge to our city council meetings that we sorely needed, as well. All I wanted to finish with is that it is just too easy sometimes for towns/cities/states to blame all their problems (and usually many which are self-made) on the outsiders. Let's judge people on who they are not where they came from..

Old 12-11-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXknitter View Post
I see what you mean but you have to remember there are people from CA who are NOT the stereotype you mention. Almost all the CA people I knew who moved to our little town on the OR coast made just super duper neighbors (better than some of we natives, I might add) and their tax money into the county coffers was mighty appreciated. Sometimes these same people gave knowledge to our city council meetings that we sorely needed, as well. All I wanted to finish with is that it is just too easy sometimes for towns/cities/states to blame all their problems (and usually many which are self-made) on the outsiders. Let's judge people on who they are not where they came from..
of course you are right, but it still depends on why they choose to re-locate and I have seen many, not only here but in other places that want to bring Ca with them. Others move to escape Ca.

Nita

Old 12-13-2009, 10:18 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Posts like this prove I am not talking about sodomy.
Very interesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers