Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Do you folks in AR have Sonics? If so, how are they? They're building new locations up here in my part of Pennsylvania in 2009. (Bye-bye hopes of six-pack abs! )
yep, we have one here in BV. I used to think they were pretty good, but now, they seem to be pretty pricey and just oK> I can think of other hamburger places that are a heck of a lot better. Like maybe, In and Out burger....

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 09:01 PM

529 posts, read 1,650,484 times
We have Popeyes and Sonic all over the place.

Rogers and Bentonville can have all the chains, I want unique local places in Fayetteville which fortunately we have. We just need some more. What we could really use is an Indian restaurant.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:24 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,313,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Do you folks in AR have Sonics? If so, how are they? They're building new locations up here in my part of Pennsylvania in 2009. (Bye-bye hopes of six-pack abs! )
This is the South. We have a Sonic and a church on every corner.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:16 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post
This is the South. We have a Sonic and a church on every corner.
On this side of the state it is a church, bank, and a sonic on every corner.

I am pretty sure the Sonics here outnumber the Mcdonalds and Burger Kings combined.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:00 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelw View Post
We have Popeyes and Sonic all over the place.

Rogers and Bentonville can have all the chains, I want unique local places in Fayetteville which fortunately we have. We just need some more. What we could really use is an Indian restaurant.
Cheesecake Factory is comming to the Pinnacle area next year. Will be the first one in the state. NWA is an unusually small market for them so it's surprising. I was hoping Little Rock would get it, but specialty chains usually test the waters in NWA first. Other than that, the Pinnacle area has become oversaturated and a few chains are starting to close up shop.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Cheesecake Factory is comming to the Pinnacle area next year. Will be the first one in the state. NWA is an unusually small market for them so it's surprising. I was hoping Little Rock would get it, but specialty chains usually test the waters in NWA first. Other than that, the Pinnacle area has become oversaturated and a few chains are starting to close up shop.
you are right, Pinnacle is over run with chains but I didn't raelize any of the chains were going under...Shows how much I don't know.
NIta

Old 10-28-2008, 04:44 PM

807 posts, read 2,514,998 times
Is Baker Brothers Deli doing alright up there? My wife and I love the one in Texarkana,and most other people I know who've tried it like it too.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:30 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post
On this side of the state it is a church, bank, and a sonic on every corner.
Here in PA it's a bar, funeral home, and church on every corner!

Old 10-28-2008, 07:35 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
I'm tired of going to restaurants that all taste like the back of a Sysco truck. What NW AR and SW MO need are restaurants where the people actually COOK the food from scratch instead of opening a can of this or a frozen box of that and passing it off as real food. Yeech!

The Front Porch in Yellville is a great restaurant. If they use Sysco, you can't tell it.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-29-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I'm tired of going to restaurants that all taste like the back of a Sysco truck. What NW AR and SW MO need are restaurants where the people actually COOK the food from scratch instead of opening a can of this or a frozen box of that and passing it off as real food. Yeech!

The Front Porch in Yellville is a great restaurant. If they use Sysco, you can't tell it.

20yrsinBranson
So right, all they do is order from a major food prep company like Sysco, then charge $20.00 for the steak, of course they throw in a potato and salad. The salad also came out of a bag and if the potato isn't baked it arrived pre-cooked as well. that is why I call TGIF, Bennigans, etc fast food just like Micky Ds...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers