Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 09:18 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,734,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognoxious View Post
Fayetteville has plenty of local flavor. To name a few:

Hugos • Catfish Hole • Tim's Pizza • Powerhouse Seafood • A Taste of Thai • Cable Car Pizza • Noodles Italian Kitchen • Cajun Gypsy • Hogwild Pizzeria • Penguin Ed's BBQ • Tim's Pizza • Common Grounds • Cafe Rue Orleans • Momma Dean's Soul Kitchen • Bangkok • Elenita's Mexican cafe • Greenhouse Grille • Hogs Breath Eatery • Herman's Ribhouse • Rick's Iron Skillet • Foghorns • Slim Chicken's • Ella's • Mermaids • On The Rocks • Restaurant on the Corner (ROTC) • Josés • Rollin' Pin Cafe • Picasso's • Kobé • Wasabi • Hoffbrau Steakhouse • Ye Olde King Pizza • Flying Burrito • The Gypsy • Wilma's Resturant • Uncle Gaylord's Mountain Cafe • Emelia's Kitchen • Lou Lou's Fish Shack • Meadow Street Bar & Grille • Jammin' Java • Little Bread Company • Las Fajitas Mexican Grill • Boar's Nest Bar-B-Que • Chloe • Arsaga's • The Left Bank • Taponazos • AQ Chicken House • Boi De Ouro • Elenitas Mexican Cafe • Pesto Cafe • Sook & Sungs • Madame Wu's • Las Palmas • Razorback Pizza • Meaux Dad's • and on and on ...

Some better than others, but all worth at least a try if your seeking out independent, locally owned eats.
I just took a real look at this list...Cable Car is gone now isn't it?? It's a crying shame, some of the BEST pizza I've ever had anywhere could be found at Cable Car. Their crust was great but it was the freshness of the toppings that really separated the place from the rest of the pack. I've never had fresher vegetables on a pizza than at Cable Car. I'd swear the green peppers had just been cut! US Pizza is also Arkansas owned and very good. Excellent NY style pizza!

Jose's...I'm really not hip on that place. Their food is obviously pre-prepared and has been for years.

No list of great NWA based restaurants could be complete without Penguin Ed's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 09:28 AM

165 posts, read 522,930 times
Catfish Hole is most excellent! Possibly the best catfish place in NWA but that place up in Rogers off the highway to Beaver Lake sure is good as well. I do believe your right that Cable Car is defunct. Folks are raving about that new pizza place on the Fayetteville Square, Larry's Pizza. I haven't tried it so cannot give an opinion.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:03 PM

529 posts, read 1,644,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
I just took a real look at this list...Cable Car is gone now isn't it?? It's a crying shame, some of the BEST pizza I've ever had anywhere could be found at Cable Car. Their crust was great but it was the freshness of the toppings that really separated the place from the rest of the pack. I've never had fresher vegetables on a pizza than at Cable Car. I'd swear the green peppers had just been cut! US Pizza is also Arkansas owned and very good. Excellent NY style pizza!

Jose's...I'm really not hip on that place. Their food is obviously pre-prepared and has been for years.

No list of great NWA based restaurants could be complete without Penguin Ed's!
Cable Car is not gone. They relocated over to Crossover and Mission. They are in the same shopping center as the Neighborhood Market just a few stores down from Firehouse Subs. Their pizza is still great.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognoxious View Post
Catfish Hole is most excellent! Possibly the best catfish place in NWA but that place up in Rogers off the highway to Beaver Lake sure is good as well. I do believe your right that Cable Car is defunct. Folks are raving about that new pizza place on the Fayetteville Square, Larry's Pizza. I haven't tried it so cannot give an opinion.
Larry's pizza on the other hand has unfortunately closed.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelw View Post
Cable Car is not gone. They relocated over to Crossover and Mission. They are in the same shopping center as the Neighborhood Market just a few stores down from Firehouse Subs. Their pizza is still great.
That is, without a doubt, the best news I've heard all week...probably all month!!

Old 10-30-2008, 01:26 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,291,129 times
Larry's is so-so. We have plenty of them here in Central Arkansas. Nothing special. You didn't miss much, imo.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:12 AM

807 posts, read 2,506,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post
Larry's is so-so. We have plenty of them here in Central Arkansas. Nothing special. You didn't miss much, imo.
I feel the same way. I thought Larry's was ok,but definitely not as good as it was hyped up to be.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:07 AM

292 posts, read 1,303,855 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight...Cable Car is in Fayetteville? Are they very expensive (like much more than Pizza Hut)? Next time we're in Fayetteville, we might try to find it if it's not.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvarkansas View Post
Let me get this straight...Cable Car is in Fayetteville? Are they very expensive (like much more than Pizza Hut)? Next time we're in Fayetteville, we might try to find it if it's not.
Yes, it's in east Fayetteville. I don't think it's a lot more than Pizza Hut but I haven't been to a Pizza Hut in years so I'm not sure.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Yes, it's in east Fayetteville. I don't think it's a lot more than Pizza Hut but I haven't been to a Pizza Hut in years so I'm not sure.
I also never thought it was much more expensive that your Pizza Hut type places but I'll caveat my statement in the other direction...I haven't been to Cable Car in quite a number of years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers