Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,312,086 times

Advertisements

Yes, I think they should have the right to have as many children as they want. I don't think the older girls should be used as live in nannies. That is not fair. They did not choose to have children. Their parents made that choice for them.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:43 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,452,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
In Germany, do they teach schoolchildren to put at least a space after commas, ellipses and full stops?
LOLOLOLOLOL

The Duggar's are some wacky peeps.

I thank God I wasn't born into that family...LOL

Old 02-18-2010, 05:49 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,764,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hey whatcha doin over on the AR board? We don't need people here who make sense???

NIta
I'm moving to your town, and bringing all my heathen L.A.-ness with me.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:47 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,128,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I'm moving to your town, and bringing all my heathen L.A.-ness with me.
now if I believed that for one minute, I don't know if I would laugh or cry..

Nita

Old 02-19-2010, 12:07 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,190,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
"Normal" or not, the Duggars are obviously a HAPPY family and that's all that matters.
Ma and Pa Duggar are "happy" - what parents wouldn't be? Perfectly behaved slaves...err...I mean "children", a TV show paying $50K+ an episode for pimping out their family to the media and the general public, books, etc. The gravy train's chugging along - toot toot!

The happiness verdict will be out 10-20 years from now as the children start leaving the fold and start having their own families. Maybe they are happy, maybe not. Most people that I know who grew up in EXTREMELY large families either loved it or were okay with it or totally hated it and chose not to have children or limited their number of children to 1 or 2.

I was a young kid once (we all were) and I can say that if I had been forced to raise a younger sibling or siblings in my room while my parents went around kissing all day, mom sitting on dad's lap, hamming it up for the cameras how we were all one big happy family while I was cleaning up my buddy's barf, dirty diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc., I wouldn't be a happy camper. I would have left the minute that the law considered me legal! I would have high-tailed it out of there ASAP. That ain't no joke or put-down on the Duggars either. I think most people would do the same thing.

As is, I have a large family myself as I am a fully bonafied adult and I know for sure that the Duggars do not have parenting figured out any better than anyone else, the only thing they have figured out better is how to use the the fundie patriarchal system to their advantage. What this means is that the mother pumps out baby after baby "for Jesus", the older girls please God and Daddy by obeying 100%, and the boys, well, who knows what they do in the barn or anywhere else. Take a guess on that one. All I know is that an afternoon of cutting grass, trimming the hedges, and taking the trash out is a heck of a lot easier than 365 days a year of taking care of "buddies" 24/7- something that the older girls do every single day (along with cooking, cleaning, laundry, even cleaning Jim Bob's and Michelle's bedroom).

Yep, Ma and Pa Duggar have a lot to be happy for, including figuring out how to bamboozle the bamboozable. Like someone once said, "It's a good job if you can get it."

P.S. - the only thing I truly hope for is that the littlest one, Josie, get a fair shake at life by having good health. I hope to God that these fundie dummies realize that their little "we'll take as many children as God gives us" is nothing but an excuse to keep having children that their older girls will actually raise. If they slept on different beds and didn't have any bodily contact, then I would believe that "God is giving them these gifts', but as it turns out, that's not the case. This little baby who is fighting for her life because she was born three months early should be a "sign" for them to knock it off and stop acting like they're infallible because now their youngest baby is suffering. If I was Jim-Bob or Michelle, that would definitely get my attention.

Last edited by Donna7; 02-19-2010 at 12:20 PM..

Old 02-19-2010, 12:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,721,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Ma and Pa Duggar are "happy" - what parents wouldn't be? Perfectly behaved slaves...err...I mean "children", a TV show paying $50K+ an episode for pimping out their family to the media and the general public, books, etc. The gravy train's chugging along - toot toot!

The happiness verdict will be out 10-20 years from now as the children start leaving the fold and start having their own families. Maybe they are happy, maybe not. Most people that I know who grew up in EXTREMELY large families either loved it or were okay with it or totally hated it and chose not to have children or limited their number of children to 1 or 2.

I was a young kid once (we all were) and I can say that if I had been forced to raise a younger sibling or siblings in my room while my parents went around kissing all day, mom sitting on dad's lap, hamming it up for the cameras how we were all one big happy family while I was cleaning up my buddy's barf, dirty diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc., I wouldn't be a happy camper. I would have left the minute that the law considered me legal! I would have high-tailed it out of there ASAP. That ain't no joke or put-down on the Duggars either. I think most people would do the same thing.

As is, I have a large family myself as I am a fully bonafied adult and I know for sure that the Duggars do not have parenting figured out any better than anyone else, the only thing they have figured out better is how to use the the fundie patriarchal system to their advantage. What this means is that the mother pumps out baby after baby "for Jesus", the older girls please God and Daddy by obeying 100%, and the boys, well, who knows what they do in the barn or anywhere else. Take a guess on that one. All I know is that an afternoon of cutting grass, trimming the hedges, and taking the trash out is a heck of a lot easier than 365 days a year of taking care of "buddies" 24/7- something that the older girls do every single day (along with cooking, cleaning, laundry, even cleaning Jim Bob's and Michelle's bedroom).

Yep, Ma and Pa Duggar have a lot to be happy for, including figuring out how to bamboozle the bamboozable. Like someone once said, "It's a good job if you can get it."
You say yourself that the happiness verdict isn't in yet. They appear to be happy. And healthy. They aren't going hungry. They have clothes. We see the GIRLS and the boys out playing.

I know that when I was growing up, I helped out. Supervised my brothers. Helped make dinner. Helped do the dusting, the vacuuming, the ironing. And guess what, it all turned out okay.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:42 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,316,119 times
It never ceases to amaze me the venomous comments that come out whenever the Duggar's are mentioned anywhere on City-Data.

Would I choose to live their lifestyle? NO.

But how does the fact that they do choose to live the life they feel called to live diminish my life, or yours, in any way? It doesn't.

This is still AMERICA folks (at least for a little while) and people are free to live their lives any way they see fit. Every time you see the Duggar family it ought to be a reminder to you to thank God you weren't born in Iran or China, among other places.

The Duggar's are a loving happy family. The are raising solid citizens, they volunteer and donate their time to their community and to those less fortunate in other countries - the horror! Give me a break.

The way some of ya'll complain about them and insult them says a whole lot more about YOU, than them, and it ain't pretty.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You say yourself that the happiness verdict isn't in yet. They appear to be happy. And healthy. They aren't going hungry. They have clothes. We see the GIRLS and the boys out playing.

I know that when I was growing up, I helped out. Supervised my brothers. Helped make dinner. Helped do the dusting, the vacuuming, the ironing. And guess what, it all turned out okay.
Oh, yes, you bet that they "appear" happy and I already said that they might be happy and they might not, that the real proof will be in the pudding as they all leave and start their own families and/or write their tell-all book. Don't try to put words in my mouth because I know what I said and meant.

Next, yes, I "helped out" too, so did a lot of us. By "helping out", it didn't mean that the ENTIRE house and younger brothers and sisters were 100% our "jurisdiction" (by the way, don't you just LOVE that word, "jurisdiction" - sounds so much better than "chores" or "gruntwork", or even "work.".) Instead of "chores", we now have "jurisdictions" and instead of "beatings or whippings", we now have "corrections." I love that last one the best. The beatings and whippings sound almost palateable. Not saying that the Duggars are beating and whipping their kids, I feel like I have to make that disclaimer because things seem to get a little bit taken out of context in these posts, I'm just saying how fun fundie-speak is.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It never ceases to amaze me the venomous comments that come out whenever the Duggar's are mentioned anywhere on City-Data.

Would I choose to live their lifestyle? NO.

But how does the fact that they do choose to live the life they feel called to live diminish my life, or yours, in any way? It doesn't.

This is still AMERICA folks (at least for a little while) and people are free to live their lives any way they see fit. Every time you see the Duggar family it ought to be a reminder to you to thank God you weren't born in Iran or China, among other places.

The Duggar's are a loving happy family. The are raising solid citizens, they volunteer and donate their time to their community and to those less fortunate in other countries - the horror! Give me a break.

The way some of ya'll complain about them and insult them says a whole lot more about YOU, than them, and it ain't pretty.

FYI, my family actually moved to this country in MY generation and I am quite happy to live in the U.S.A., thank you. Give yourself a break because our family is also happy and donate our time to our community and less fortunate and we've been able to accomplish all of this this without pimping our family on TV or other media for money (like the Duggars, Gosselins, what have you). And yes, that says a lot about us vs. the duggars. "You betcha"!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 12:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,721,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Oh, yes, you bet that they "appear" happy and I already said that they might be happy and they might not, that the real proof will be in the pudding as they all leave and start their own families and/or write their tell-all book. Don't try to put words in my mouth because I know what I said and meant.

Next, yes, I "helped out" too, so did a lot of us. By "helping out", it didn't mean that the ENTIRE house and younger brothers and sisters were 100% our "jurisdiction" (by the way, don't you just LOVE that word, "jurisdiction" - sounds so much better than "chores" or "gruntwork", or even "work.".) Instead of "chores", we now have "jurisdictions" and instead of "beatings or whippings", we now have "corrections." I love that last one the best. The beatings and whippings sound almost palateable. Not saying that the Duggars are beating and whipping their kids, I feel like I have to make that disclaimer because things seem to get a little bit taken out of context in these posts, I'm just saying how fun fundie-speak is.
Do you just like bringing up nasty things in conversations, then dropping in your disclaimers? That's like someone saying, Donna7 isn't a witch. She may have a contract with Satan, but I'm issuing a disclaimer right now that I don't know that for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers